BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 18, 2015
First off, you need to know that onesies / bodysuits are cut different from every company and are even cut different if made in different years at the same company. See end of this review for my strategy to deal with onesies successfully.

In general, Gerber brand runs small and is good for babies that are long and thin or if you have a preemie. The Gerber fabric is also slightly see-through so you can see the line on the diaper change from yellow to blue (shows when needs changed) without having to undress. We bought size newborn in the bear pattern. They fit our newborn baby the first three weeks (my baby's birth weight was 8lbs 1oz and lost weight then went back up again in weight to 9lbs).

This is my onseie strategy that worked:
1. Buy a range of brands and sizes of onesies. My baby was long and thin and chunked up before growth spurts - he fit well into companies like Carter's, Gerber's, Little Me, and Old Navy. Old Navy in particular has the best 100% cotton snap up pajamas for newborns (the under 7lbs pjs worked for my infant up to 9 lbs). Old Navy also carries larger size nightgowns for babies (beyond 3 months) which I could not find anywhere else. Also, they come in sizes all the way through 24 months so if you really like a particular pattern, you can buy it in multiple sizes that slightly increase so you actually get to enjoy that outfit for more than 1-2 wearings (because babies grow so fast).
2. DO NOT buy premee onsies from Gerber unless you know your baby is going to be born way too early as these are very small.
3. Buy 1 pack of Gerber newborn onsies ONLY if you know your baby will be around 8lbs or less at birth.... because they will only be in these onsies for the first week or two of life and most of that time its best to put the newborn in footed/mitted pjs and nightgowns instead.
4. Once you buy all the onesies you want, unpack and wash all of them... yes - wash 24 month onsies at the same time as the newborn ones because you would be surprised - I once had a 18 months pack of onsies that was the same size as 6 month clothing.
5. Sort the onesies by length. If the fabric has stretch, be sure to stretch it to see how long they really are.
6. For each pile of onesies around the same length, sort them by width... and put the narrowest on top.
7. Now you have the onesies organized for usage. Just place the shortest ones in the drawer for use now... then put the longer ones in the closet or storage for latter. When your baby grows out of a size, get the next length out of the closet. Since they are already washed you can use them immediately.
8. Just be sure to NOT keep your baby in any size outfit for longer than you should. If you are having any strain in getting the clothes on or buttoning them, then just move up to another size. Its better for an outfit to bit a tad loose then snug.
11 comment| 193 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2015
Bought these to tie dye clothes so I'll already have some gender neutral baby clothes on hand before when baby gets here. Very cute, washed well in cold and hot water. Excited to see how they look on baby.
review image
11 comment| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2017
These were outgrown by my newborn by the time she was a month old. Fit her a little big when she was about a week old, so only used for about 3 weeks. So did not last a full month, and my newborn was 6 and a half lbs at birth. But these are really cute and I am saving them for next child.
on February 27, 2015
Took embroidery really well. Will buy again!
review image review image
on October 1, 2016
I purchased these plain white onesies to use at a baby shower. We purchased a wide variety of sizes and then made fabric markers and iron-on fabric pieces available for people to cut out designs and apply to the onesie with an iron. It was a huge hit and the onesies came out great! Just a word of caution - they do run small.
on March 19, 2017
These work but they are the same size as carters 9 month onsies. I was hoping these would be bigger for my baby who's in the 60% for weight and height and is almost 10 months. I thought 12 month would fit great but they are a little too small and won't last long.
on January 19, 2016
These baby onesies are super adorable and hold up to the Gerber standard when it comes to baby clothes. I purchased this for my 2nd son's upcoming arrival. My 1st, helped pick out which onesie pack and settled on this one. We love the elephants and the giraffes.

We purchased this before we knew if we were going to be having a boy or a girl. So this is perfect for gender neutral clothes.
on June 13, 2017
Purchase these to customize for a first birthday. My mother in law embroidered them with a 1 and Minnie Mouse head on them. The onseies worked perfect with her embroider machine and they have held up well in the washer. Definitely a great item to purchase for customization.
on December 2, 2013
After having my first baby with a head circumference in the 95 percentile, I found that I really hated having onesies that didn't stretch well at the top. And having to force a onesie over her delicate head wasn't something that I wanted to do - so I ordered a few different types and brands and found that these Gerber brand ones are best in the beginning. They stretch well -- so you can buy them a size up -- and wear them longer. The colors and little designs are very cute and simple and the price is nice for what you get. I have washed them many times -- and they still look the same as they did when I purchased them.
on August 2, 2017
These are the best onesies for everyday use, sleep, etc. Especially when you're changing outfits so frequently due to drool & spit up! For some reason the gray ones are MUCH softer, stretchier, and wash better than the white ones. We will be buying these in all sizes as our baby grows.