Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on November 4, 2014
The WORST phone I have ever owned. I have had the phone for over 1 year which is ample time to use it and report on it. From day 1, these things occured: The touch screen only works sometimes. For certain other things (such as selecting specific texts to delete and you have to click on a check box) it only works sporadically when you touch the screen multiple times. Other things don't ever work no matter how many times you try. I bought an extra memory card when I bought the phone and both the phone memory and card memory are not even one-quarter full and the phone will give me messages about "memory being full". So I have to go in and delete all texts, (I can only keep about 60) calendar reminders (I can only keep the past couple months), pictures (I only have 10 small kb pictures and that's about all it will hold) and delete everything else I can think of. Now the phone is not even opening some texts. Even with resetting, updating, taking the battery out and put back in....the phone still messes up so much that I can't even stand it anymore. I normally don't complain about products and don't write reviews and I put up with inconveniences for quite q while, but this phone has done me in. For me to write this review, you should know it has to be a horrible product. DO NOT GET THIS PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!
on December 7, 2012
Great looking phone. Like some of the features. Unfortunately, the alarm and calandar stops working. I have been late to work at least 4 times since buying this piece of crap.

The alarm does not work if you are setting it for the next 24 hours. In otherwords, if it's 7pm and you set an alarm for 9pm, it will work. If it's 7pm and you set an alarm for the following morning, it will not work.

The only way around this is to a do master reset on the phone and therefore you will spend a good hour each time re-entering things like your notes, calandar events, alarms, just about everything it's customized for.

If yours works now, consider yourself lucky. Verizon is in total denial that there is an issue. Run, don't walk away from this busted piece of garbage.
on July 8, 2013
I use to own LG cell phones...I wanted to give Samsung a shot, (I do like MOST Samung products) I am sorry I went with their cell phone to be honest. With my LG cell phone (Basic) I had AOL Instant Messenger ...Yahoo Instant Messenger and M.S.N Instant messenger AND Skype. The Samsung Brightside offers NOTHING!
The touch screen is so very sensitive, that half the time I try to do one thing and end up doing something else and end up getting frustrated and wasting time. Now Im stuck with it...sorry Samsung..Never again
on April 22, 2013
My husband and I both have this phone and we both hate it. We experience all of the sensitivity and hanging up issues others have mentioned. it is a not very funny joke - when anybody calls us, they can count on our hanging up on them while trying to answer - then we call them back. imagine what it is like when one of us tries to call the other - it is a circus. i have never written a review before because i am too lazy, but we really, really hate these phones.
on December 22, 2012
Got this phone for my daughter in August. Love it so much that now that the rest of us are eligible for an upgrade, we are all getting this phone. We'll have to make sure none of our cases are the same so we don't get mixed up! Love the set up of the screen, great sound, great pictures, have had this keyboard on other phone and love that as well, and Verizon Wireless is the best coverage - have had them forever. Happy it was still available. Great option if you don't want to pay the extra monthly charge to have a smartphone.
on January 18, 2013
I got this basic phone to get out of the Verizon Smart phone contract. It is the worst basic phone I have ever owned! I had trouble with the phone even in my pocket hitting keys as I took it out to answer. It would not pair correctly (Bluetooth) in either of my cars!!! A 2012 Jeep Wrangler and a 2010 Lexus LX. I went to Verizon and to the Jeep dealership for help in pairing. It will not work in MANY cars so I was told. I found an old Verizon Phone (Samsung Flip U410) I used many years ago and LOVE the OLD phone!!! It is now conected and works GREAT for a basic phone!!! I plan to sell the Brightside next week or even give it away!!! I would not recommend this phone to anyone. Looking on the "Brightside" my old Samsung is working great!!!!!!
on June 11, 2016
Does the job came quickly. Just activated it today so don't know yet if it's gonna be ok. Bought it for my mom who didn't wanna change phones because she knows how to use this one and she's in her 70s.
on June 18, 2013
Perhaps it was my fault for having too high of expectations, but this phone was disappointing on every level. The biggest issue is the slowness of the processor. There is unbelievable lag time between when you press a button and when there is a response on the screen. This issue is further compounded by inconsistency and poor quality search engine. When searching from the home screen the results are OK but not great. Unfortunately, when texting (specifically group messages), the search only operates on a character-by-character basis. Meaning if you have two "Johnathan"s in your phone and you want to text the second one, you will have to type out "Johnathan X" to get past the first one. There is also an absurd lag time between switching from texting a single recipient to a group text.

Another annoying feature is the gross misallocation of screen space, again, specifically when it comes to texting. When reading texts you can see 2 or 3 messages at a time, and that is if they are very short. Long messages will often not even fit on the screen. Even worse, when responding to a text, the msg box covers up the last txt in the conversation. So if you need to re-read the last text you got as you are responding, you have to save your current msg as a draft, go back to the conversation, read the text, go back to the main messaging screen, go to your drafts, and re-open your message.

In summary, Samsung over looked a lot of the basic little features that make phones easy to use. This carelessness resulted in a phone that is difficult to navigate and annoying to use. I can't wait to get a new phone.
on February 6, 2013
I got this phone and did NOT like it. You can only choose between orange or green home screen for one thing and everywhere I carried it I accidentally bumped buttons that turned it on. It was very frustrating dealing with this phone. Thankfully I was able to return it.
on April 8, 2013
My husband and I each got one o these phones and we both wish we hadn't. I will list the reasons I'm giving this phone 2 stars.

1. You can make and receive calls. Although it will disconnect fairly often all by itself, I think because your face touches something on the screen during your call. It once dialed a 3 way call during a conversation I was having. I have no idea how, I don't even know how to do that. It ended up disconnecting a very important phone call that I had waited 2 days for.

2. You can send and receive texts. The touch screen doesn't work well, it misses letters or adds words that you don't want. I finally gave up on it. Thankfully, it has a keypad so I use that exclusively for texting.

3. Battery life is short.

4. The touch screen is way too sensitive. You constantly end up calling voice mail, or connecting to a service that requires internet or a media package, which I don't have, so it charges a ton every time the phone connects on it's own. Even something as simple as disconnecting a call and carefully locking it, and putting it in my purse can somehow dial the voice mail or connect to the internet more times than I can count.

5. When I check voice mail, the numbers won't even stay on the screen long enough to dial my 4 digit code. I have to open the qwerty pad and use that to dial my 4 digits in. The touch screen allows me to dial 3 digits then goes black.

That's all I can think of right now. We hate these phones, and would rather have a basic flip phones. My husband accidentally drove over his and left it in the rain overnight, and I'm jealous because that means he is finally rid of it! I might have to do something like that "accidentally" too, LOL!

Sorry to be so negative but there is seriously not much good I can say about this phone, and I have had lots of phones. This is the worst one I have ever owned, and the most frustrating in general.

My advice: Don't buy it!