Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on January 21, 2013
I have been using the flip phones forever but thought I would try a touch screen to get the functions of a smart phone without having to pay for a data plan. Bad idea- at least with this phone. This phone is the worst. Avoid this phone. The touch screen is awful and I hangup on almost every person that calls me. Slow response, not enough settings to try and get the phone to be useful. I am switching back to my old Motorola flip phone after trying to use the Brightside for 6 months.
on January 11, 2013
Hands down, this is the worst phone I've ever owned. The touch screen is an absolute joke. Sometimes, it registers a "touch' while sitting idle on a table. Other times, I might be poking at something repeatedly on the screen with no response. Once, the phone erased all of my text messages while sitting in my pocket. The other day, I used the hands-free dialing feature and said "Call Marco Home" slowly and clearly. The phone responded "Did you say send a text message to Jeff?" I can't think of two phrases that are further apart!

I have taken it to the Verizon store, but they said everything was normal. I can't wait for my 2-years to be up so I can get something else...it's really, really bad.
on January 8, 2013
I purchased a Samsung bright slide March 2012 and am totally dissatisified with this inferior product. I bought the belt clip holder accessory with the phone. When you try to remove the phone from the clip, you hang up the incoming call. I switched to carrying it in my pocket and when you touch the screen while removing it from the pocket, you hang up the call. Even if you get the phone out of your pocket, I've experienced problems sliding the screen to answer the call and the caller hangs up before you can get the call. The finger slide screen feature has inherent design issues and when you open the screen it automatically goes to other features you did not select. There is no locking feature for the screen which ultimately renders the phone usless for me to receive calls ie; I have to call the caller back each time. Also the speaker button does not work when I try to press it to switch to speakerphone mode when talking on a call. Real piece of work Samsung!
on August 17, 2013
All I wanted was a functional phone. I enjoy having a keyboard for text messages and an alarm clock but those are the only bells and whistles I really need. Or that would be if it weren't for things that up to this point I should have taken for granted. Other than a kind of iffy lock key which has called at least three people in the two months since I got it, the phone just can't decide whether or not to stay charged. I noticed this within a couple weeks when sometimes a charge would last for little more than a school day and sometimes it would last for several on end, and once or twice it died immediately after being taken off the charger. My parents got the same phones and reported similar problems. But the last time this happened the phone wouldn't charge when I plugged it back in (it was perfectly functional up until the moment I removed it from the power socket) so I took the battery out and walked out for a couple hours to go grocery shopping. When I came back there was a crack across the screen. Except I didn't see how that could have happened. Except there was no evidence of physical damage. Except instead of spreading radially from the fissure, the screen was blank from its peak until it hit a perfectly straight line half a centimeter from the edge, a blinding mountain on a empty plane.
on July 12, 2012
...A really great non-smart phone. VERY much like a smart phone. It's fun to operate and is got great clarity and volume. The keys on the keyboard are larger than my last phone (an Extravert) so I can text super quickly in comparison. The biggest positive is my only negative -- it's so sensitive, even with having to 'drag off the screen' to use the phone, it does so itself in a purse or even just walking around with it in your hand. Going to try a cover and hopefully it'll resolve itself.

P.S. Make sure you upgrade your phones on Amazon. This phone was $119 in the store, $100 on-line, but only 1 cent on Amazon!!'
on September 30, 2012
At first this appeared to be a decent "feature phone" Unfortunately the firmware in the phone is is unstable at best. You can't count on the alarm to work. The touch screen is unpredictable. It goes from being overly sensitive, beeping as I walk down the hallway to being totally unresponsive when I want to answer a call. I ordered 5 of these for my family, In 5 months time, we have returned 6 phones for hardware repairs. Let's see, 1 display cracked while in my pocket, 2 had touch screen quit, 1 had radio die, 1 of the replacement phones never accepted more than 15 text messages at a time and after 3 month of this, Verizon agreed to a swap.

The sad thing about this. It is Verizon's best feature phone.
on April 28, 2012
This phone deserves 5 stars
Very underated by many, simply because they expect Iphone in a basic phone,
This phone saves $360 a year on verizon's data plan @ $30/month

Phone is very user friendly and good for someone who needs saving every month w/o the data plan
Ordered online w/o even testing in store, more than satisfied with the performance
Samsung rules!!!
on December 7, 2012
I bought this for my daughter, and 7 months later it's broke. Although it powers up, I can't get into some of the sub menus (Such as tools and settings). It just takes me back to the main menu. The keyboard doesn't work well. When I type a key, it shows on the screen for a fraction of a section, then gets deleted. It also shuts down on its own periodically. I can't reset it because I can't get to any of the administrative menus. So now I have a daughter who can't text (yes her social life is ruined for now). Perhaps that's a good thing? This is the first phone that one of our family members owned that actually malfunctioned (out of something like 15 phones). Bottom line, there is a reason so many people rate this a 1 star. Because it breaks!
on July 15, 2013
I have had the Samsung Brightside phone for about a year now. I have constantly had problems with it and unfortunately I am stuck with it because of the two year contract. At first, the phone was great. Once the 14 day return period passed though I was stuck with a phone that can't handle texting. It slowly gets worse. The phone shuts off in the middle of a text, when I clear my text messages, when I open the keyboard most recently. Samsung and Verizon do not offer any sort of fix or update as far as I can see. I thought it had fixed itself at one point, but now it has gotten worse. Do not buy this phone.
on February 17, 2013
I received an upgrade with my contract, and my carrier had this phone. Just not a good phone concept. It's great if you sit in one place all day long, but have to move around or pull it out of a pocket, etc. and the faults become evident. There is no - and I repeat, no - case out there that really functions well to protect this phone. I've had several and they just don't hold up; if you're on the go a great deal, then don't get this phone. I would gladly revert to a flip phone over this. It has everything you want except the things that you need: function.