BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 15, 2012
I bought this used from Amazon Warehouse Deals for a good price. I thought I would give it a try as the product was rated "Used - Like New". As soon as I started to try to install Windows 7 on it, I could tell why it had been returned. It was slow as molasses! It took hours to install Windows and hours more to install updates. The hard-drive light just stayed on constantly. So, since I got it for a good price, I decided to experiment. I have a spare 250GB hard drive and installed it in the ZBox. It has just finished installing Windows in a very short amount of time. So it would appear that the problems was the hard drive. Too bad to have to just throw away a 320G hard drive. But, now it seems to work fine.

If you are thinking of buying this system, I would recommend buying the cheaper one without hard-drive and memory, and buy a quality drive and memory to install. It's easy to access. Before it will operate properly, you will need to install lots of drivers.

I give it 2 stars because it came with a faulty drive, and that appears to be the biggest complaint with this machine. Either faulty or very low quality.
on July 7, 2012
After spending some time researching different mini computers, I decided to take my chance on this one, though it had no reviews when I bought it. My main purpose for buying this Zotac was so that I could connect it to my TV screen and use the internet for multimedia.

Since the system didn't come with an operating system, I installed Ubuntu Linux on it. Immediately I noticed how slow the computer was during the downloading process. I had downloaded Ubuntu on another computer before, and it was significantly quicker than on this Zotac. After the download, the sluggish performance continued. I could not even watch a low quality video in full screen without the picture lagging or freezing.

The wireless connection was also very poor (1 mb/s) when connected to my FIOS router, even though I had connected the included antenna. The computer itself would heat up considerably, even with minor internet usage (Fan still remained quiet).

Overall:

Pro
- Quiet Fan
- Nice Design

Con
- Very Slow (Weak Processor)
- Poor Wireless Connection

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.