Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 85% on textbooks Shop women's shoes nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. New LG Stylo 4 | $249.99. Save with Prime Exclusive Phones. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Showing 1-10 of 66 reviews(5 star). See all 82 reviews
on November 16, 2016
Had never used this type of dressing tool and was torn between this and the wheel style which I had used before.
The great ratings convinced me to try this one and I am impressed. The stick flattened my very uneven grinding wheel surface quickly and with little effort and surprisingly the stick it's self shows very little wear in getting the job done.
Great product.
15 people found this helpful
on September 15, 2017
Seems like I've used all manner of wheel dressers over the years. Sometimes I would take old wheels and use them to true up new ones, with marginal success. This grinding stick by norton is by far the best routine I've found for truing up a grinding wheel. It takes out the grooves and gets the wheel nice and quiet, and does so in good time, a minute or so. After truing a couple wheels now, I would expect this stick to go for 15 more at least. 75 cents per wheel for truing? Now that's a deal. Best shape my wheels have ever been in.
6 people found this helpful
on February 4, 2017
I had only used the "star wheel" type of dresser before on the 6" grinder, but my Dremel came with a tiny stick type and I love it, so I decided to give this a try when the old wheel dresser wore out. I'm sold on this, especially for truing the wheel. For heavily loaded grinder wheels, the star wheel still seems to be a bit quicker, but I still use the stick to true the wheel after cleaning. For mildly loaded wheels, the stick is all you need. I'm impressed, and it seems like it will last for many years of use.
5 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
As soon as it arrived I opened the package and tried it immediately and to my surprise it started to work away at my 8" grinding wheels and cleared all the clogged pores of the wheel. An acquaintance of mine came over and asked me if he can use my 8" Bench Grinder and I said to him feel free to use it. Upon checking on it he used aluminum and it really clogged the wheel. This Wheel Dressing Stick did the job for me and I'm very satisfied with it.
3 people found this helpful
on October 28, 2017
This works great on that big grinding wheel sitting in your garage, but it also works wonders on their smaller counterparts. I use it to true and deglaze Dremel grinding attachments, as well as, those used for a larger Craftsman Mold Maker's Grinder (Think Dremel Tool on steroids). It extends their useful life, while saving the cost of replacements. They have little or no effect on the dressing stick. Just follow the instructions on the package for a smooth or rough texture on the grinding wheel.
One person found this helpful
on June 10, 2017
Does the trick for cleaning an old grinding wheel, I didn't have to use a lot of pressure when I used it my wheels. Just kept it on the wheel for a few seconds and it cleaned and trued up the wheel and didn't seem to ware down the stick all that much. Based on the first use, this thing should last a long time.
2 people found this helpful
on January 20, 2018
I love this dressing stick, I only wish I had found them sooner. I dressed my grinding wheel and barely used any of the stick. This shoukd be much longer lasting than the dressing wheels. Just make sure to wear a dust mask and eye protection, it is very dusty.
One person found this helpful
on July 29, 2017
Used this to true up a new Ryobi 8" bench grinder and it did the trick.
3 people found this helpful
on June 19, 2018
I bought this based on other reviews and the fact that it is a Norton tool. It came today and within minutes both of the wheels on my grinder were back in shape. This was a relative cheap tool to buy but the quality is superb. Hardly any sign of wear on the tool after dressing up the grinding wheels. If you have a grinder you should have this close at hand.
on June 21, 2018
I use this for not just for bench grinding wheels, but rotary (Dremel, Foredom) attachments as well. Significantly expands the life and precision of cratex, silicon-carbide and even felt wheels. Have found this much superior to small diamond dressing tools.