Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on April 12, 2012
I don't think there is a point in comparing this phone to any other device out there. I personally have owned the iPhone(s) and DroidX and this is the second time a device has excited me so much(First, of course being the iPhone 3G back in in the day).

Display: Absolutely impeccable. Black is my new favorite color.

UI: Intuitive. Different. Enough said.

Apps: Hmmm... I am one of those guys who use the bare essentials though I do miss Words with friends. Its fine though, I have convinced all my friends to install Words by Post bringing life back to normal.Phew!

Phone and LTE: So far no issues that other users seem to be facing with wifi and LTE. As a phone, voice clarity is good. Little miffed that nokia/ATT didnt include a headset with the phone. But then again for 50$, maybe I am expecting a little too much.

Overall: 5 star device and hope nokia/microsoft can gain back some ground in the smartphone world. They really deserve it this time.
on June 14, 2012
I got tired of obsessively tinkering with my Android phone to get it to work like I wanted. It was just way too chaotic. Nevermind the 6-hour battery life. And why would I ever want an iPhone, which is just Windows 3.1 on a 3.5" screen?

The Lumia 900 has made me not have to worry about messing with my phone anymore. It just works well, and that's the way it works. If that works for you, then great... But if you like to spend hours every week rooting and tweaking, then enjoy your miserable Android life. I don't miss it one bit.

I finally have a smartphone that makes me feel at ease about everything going on in my life. I get about a day and a half on a single charge. Plus, the platform is only going to get better! THE FUTURE HAS ARRIVED!

PS - If you're having battery issues, make sure to check your background services in the settings, and ask yourself if you really need to check your email as items arrive (push). I set mine to check every 30 minutes and the battery life has been superb.
on April 12, 2012
I love this phone! The UI is very cool and easy to use. Office apps are included and super useful. You can get all your Facebook and Twitter info right into the phone easily. Also, I was pleasantly surprised by the apps. Not as many as iPhone, BUT they have all the major ones and some pretty cool exclusives besides. Not to mention the price, which is super low for what you get. Overall, a way better experience than iPhone or Android!
on April 10, 2012
I purchased this phone online from ATT and got it 2 days before release. I previously had an iPhone 4, and had been upgrading year over year since the iPhone 3g. Nothing was wrong with my iphone, I liked it a lot. I just wanted something new, and wanted 4g. Up steps the Lumia 900.
The Metro UI was the thing that got me on board. I love it's setup, and I love that it doesn't use small cubes in negative space like android and IOS. I love the transitions, I love the menus, I love it all.
Battery life is iffy, but that's because this is the 4g phone I've had, and I'll imagine it burns up faster than a 3g one would.
The ONLY downside for me is the paltry windows marketplace. I'm sure that as more people buy it, the more people will create apps for it. Its a small leap of faith by the consumer, but one I feel is worth it.
on April 11, 2012
I've got to say, I was a little disappointed when I heard that the Hero phone wouldn't have amazing specs. Who cares at this point. If your operation system runs smooth, isn't that what matters? I don't need quad core this or that because the games I play, and the apps I use run smooth.

Pro's
*Great battery life
*Balanced screen scrolling speed
*LTE is pretty nice
*Screen looks fantastic
*WP has the best integration of services bar none.

Con's
*Camera is actually a letdown from my HTC Titan.

Overall, the build of this phone is only comparable to the iPhone. All the Android phones feel to gimmicky and plastic. (looking at you samsung) Let's hope HTC fixes that with the One series.
on April 10, 2012
I have been a big apple phone and I had I phone4 and my wife has I Phone 4 s. This phone will beat both the i phones with it's superb design, fast speed, free maps. would never go back to Apple phone after using it.
on April 20, 2012
been an iphone user since first iphone came out. after playing with 1/2 millions apps, after paying $99 bucks for Tomtom apps. I found Nokia 900 pretty easy to use, simple layout, free GPS, awesome speed. it is very hard to beat the fact that this phone is actually free when i placed my order.
on April 15, 2012
The Nokia Lumia 900 is an excellent phone. Do not hesitate to buy this phone. I was an initial iPhone fanatic but got tired of all of the excessive hidden costs and usability issues. Moved over to a Samsung Focus and was impressed with the improvement in usability from the iPhone. What would take me 3-4 clicks on an iPhone took me 1-2 clicks on the Windows Phone 7. Just traded the Samsung Focus in for the Nokia Lumia 900, and love it. The screen is bold and beautiful and speed is incredible. Running multiple apps simultaneously is a great bonus. If you are on the fence in buying this phone, I would go for it... What made the deal even better was the $100 Nokia rebate.
on April 10, 2012
Pre-Ordered my Lumia on day 1 of pre-orders, payed the full retail off-contract at an AT&T store and decided to give it a chance.

I am absolutely blown away by this device. I had been putting off trying out Windows Phone due to my investment in Android, but I have to say that knowing what I do now I regret not making the switch sooner.

To get a couple of things out of the way; yes, there is a relative paucity of applications available compared to iOS and Android. Also, yes, there is a learning curve to the device if you're coming off of a steep time frame with Android. The other end of this though is that time will solve both problems as I've picked up the device very well within a day or two and with the sales the Lumia experienced we should see a resurgence of interest in the platform and probably a boost to the available marketplace.

That being said though, there's very little I've come across I would say is truly lacking in the marketplace. I do miss Pandora to some extent, but I have a Zune account so that's a minor annoyance which was easily remedied.

The screen is gorgeous with rich blacks and smooth, bright and accurate color reproduction. I'd heard middling reviews on the camera but so far it's been great though as unforgiving as any other camera if you take a bad picture. I would place it at least the equal of any other cellphone camera I've tried, including the iPhone 4 (possibly 4S) and the more recent Android offerings from Samsung.

The browsing experience is great even though I don't have LTE local to me - yet. We're slated for a release here in Northeast Ohio.

Heft and balance in the hand is great, though getting used to a more slender device (first I've used in a long time without a sliding keyboard) has been another learning curve, but the feel is amazing. It has some mass to it, but you rarely feel it as it is spread out neatly across the device and it's spread well throughout so you don't end up with a top-heavy experience.

Battery life has been absolutely astounding. I would struggle to get through even an eight hour workday on my previous device - I went almost the entire weekend without charging my Lumia. Took it off the charger on Friday evening and plugged it in Sunday morning, almost 36 hours to the minute after the fact and there was still some room to go on time. This is with frequent texting, use as a music player in the car, web browsing, a few calls... she holds up with aplomb and refuses to die.

This is, bar none, the best phone I have ever owned and I would recommend it for anyone who wants to step into smartphones new and fresh or has been using them for quite a while. As the title of the review suggests, it was everything I was hoping for and then even a little more and I doubt I could get any happier with the handset than this.
on April 10, 2012
Ok so as a mobile developer who spends at least 10 hours a week on each of the major platforms (iPhone, Android, WP7, BB). The Lumia is an amazingly great phone.. I waited in line for the first iPhone (and the 3g, and I have a 4s now).. I've also been using WP7 devices since Day 1. And -because ya I am a Mobile Dev- an Android phone is always in my bag with me too...

All that being said, and with the ability to choose any phone I want as my daily "personal" device the Lumia 900 is going to be it for quite a while.. You will really enjoy screen because it is wonderful, the feel in the hand is solid (much higher build quality and feel then the Focus). LTE great ( I live in Austin so its everywhere here ). This device deserves the multiple 5 star ratings that others on are giving it..

If you give WP7 5 days as your primary phone and you don't love it I would be utterly shocked..

Great Phone
Great Operating System
Great Build
Beautiful Screen
LTE super fast internet
Can be a WiFi Hot Spot with the right AT&T data plan.

need I say more :-)