Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on April 10, 2012
Unboxing, initial configuration and getting the device to run have been smooth.

The wall charger is very impressive. Small round design with a USB to micro-USB cable. Going with the industry standards, is always appreciated. Connectivity & Charging is a no-hassle game.

Setting up the Windows Live account - smooth.

Setting up Gmail (this is my primary email & and I want all my Gmail folders to push sync with my phone like on the Droid) - 3 step instead of 1, but I again appreciate the way Microsoft/Nokia have this configuration.
To setup Gmail to sync your contacts, calendar & inbox is easy - just choose the Gmail option in the add account screen, tap in the username & password and you are ready to roll.
But to have all your folders push sync'd
- choose Outlook in the add account screen
- tap in the email address & password. tap in "sign in".
- it will fail and prompt for domain. tap in "gmail.com".
- it will fail again and prompt for server. tap in "m.google.com".
- this will create your account. Get into the account settings & change the "download new content" setting to "as items arrive"
... and you are done.

- Installing/setting up Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Kindle, Whatsapp, Tango, Netflix, Office, X-box live is a breeze. I love the Need for Speed games series running seamlessly on my phone.

Apps
----
Do not be in haste to install all the apps you can find. Its true, there is a lot of crapware in the Windows Marketplace & I seriously hope that Microsoft mops up the mess. Using appropriate filtering like Top Free, Top paid, Featured will help. Also the "App Highlights" application details some notable apps. The Nokia apps are also well designed to work on this phone. The Nokia Creative Studio almost replaces Instagram. But as far as the camera is concerned, the auto-focus function need to be improvised. Surely a software/firmware update will fix it.

I am not liking the Zune software to sync music or other content with my phone. I like to better manage using the file system than using a software (Zune) layer. I mean, the phone should show up on the computer (WindowsPC in my case) as a USB drive. But, I am sure to find a workaround soon, like bypassing the iTunes for my iPhone.

I have been downloading, installing, configuring and messing around with this phone non-stop for over 6 hours now & the battery is still going strong. Too early to comment on the battery, but with Nokia's reputation I have no doubts of this one spicing up an entire day.

Hats off to Microsoft & Nokia.
on April 10, 2012
Now through April 21st, any AT&T customer who purchases a Lumia 900 will receive a $100 rebate from Nokia -- effectively making the device free.
on April 9, 2012
Just checked it out at the local ATT store. I came out very impressed. The screen is very responsive and the colors are soo vibrant. Coming from an iPhone 4 user, I would have switched it then and there if only my contract were over. Actually, I will be due an upgrade this fall and the Lumia seems destined to be my next phone. Personally feel the iPhone screen is a tad too small for browsing while the Lumia's screen seems perfect.
on April 9, 2012
The Lumia 900, in my opinion, is probably the best looking phone I've ever had (Two iPhones, multiple HTC's, and Samsung). Not only is it great to look at but the build quality is beyond compare. The polycarbonate body really is tough and doesn't feel flimsy like most phones.

At first I thought having an unlock button on the side would trip me up a little but it actually makes it much easier to unlock with my thumb while holding the phone in my hand. The dedicated camera button is also a great feature and makes it easy to take pictures quickly, even while the screen is locked.

I had read about the Lumia's ClearBlack display and thought it would be the same as my Samsung Focus S. The deep blacks and eye-popping colors are there, but the major difference is looking at this screen in direct sunlight - I can actually see what I'm doing without shading it or finding an angle away from the sunlight. This is probably my favorite "surprise" feature.

Call quality is excellent, signal strength is better than most other phones I've used (AT&T's signal is poor in my neighborhood), responsiveness to touch is near flawless, processor power is excellent and having access to Nokia's exclusive apps is a huge benefit.

Cons? Only those related to the Windows Phone OS - but really those are limited and every OS has its issues. If you're a constant customizer and like to root the OS Android is a better choice. If you can't break yourself away from Apple then the iPhone is your only choice. If you like to do everyday things like post on Facebook and Twitter, lots of text and Facebook messages, take lots of pictures, download all the music you want for $10/month and have detailed updates on your home screen then you'll love Windows Phone. And the Lumia 900 is the best one on the market.
on April 11, 2012
It's just like that, every time I look at it, I think this thing IS beautiful and btw. others who look at it seem to think that, too.
on April 12, 2012
Killer phone! works great.
WP7 has almost all the apps u need, if not offical u always have a 3rd party version that works great. Only issue the metal behind the phone gets scratched easily , otherwise awesome design.
on April 9, 2012
Better than my Iphone in general. I think the windows phone OS on the Lumia 900 is very good ... fast, responsive and easy to use ... it took me about 15 mins to get use to the OS ... I really like this phone. You can also customize the live tiles with different colors. GPS can talks in many languages. Internet access is fast since it uses 4G LTE which is much faster than 3G. For $100.00 with contract, it's a good deal.
on April 12, 2012
Picked this up yesterday and I've been very happy with it. I also like the fact that it will have cost me nothing after the $100 credit! I would highly recommend this phone to anyone that wants a simple, easy to use smartphone. I haven't had an issue finding the apps I wanted. It's hard to believe this came from the same company that brought us Windows. Great to see a new player in the market.
on April 9, 2012
This phone is more like a computer than anything else. You can actually be productive with it using built in Office programs and there are tons of useful apps. I just love the large text and high contrast screen colors makes it easy to read. Windows Phone OS is so much better than I thought it would be.

My son installed XBox games on it. Xbox! thats cool, better than many of the cheesy free games on other smartphones. Everything runs very smooth. I like Android but it often lags when scrolling around especially when lots on the screen. The Lumia 900 does not lag at all, super fast.

4G LTE in my town (rochester, NY) is excellent. No issues. Not sure about other towns but I bet its coming soon. I also like the fact the phone is inexpensive to own and most Microsoft services, like Find My Phone, are free. The phone takes about 1 day to get used to, but there is no going back to old icon style smartphones phone once you have used live tiles for a while. Nice job Nokia.
on June 12, 2012
I have to say this phone and the WP7.5 are just hands down the best thing now. My wife has a iPhone and took a small test drive on mine and came out confessign that she would have swtiched to this. The phone is sleek, works flawlessley and the OS is neat. I have the apps I need - and this is an area that is only going to get better. I really didnt care that that there are millions of apps - whats the point in having 1000s of apps that are crappy anhyways. I have used BB for 12 yrs and so from a corporate email/phone/apps perspective this will be the king. iPhone is for kiddies who like to play stupid games all day.