Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale

Nokia Lumia 900, Cyan 16GB (AT&T)
Price:$499.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Amazing phone!

I was a bit skeptical about purchasing the lumia 900 because a couple of bad reviews (after further research into the reviewers I found they are simply biased towards apple, period) but after owning it for 3 days now I can see they were clearly just looking to "create" issues or make waves. This phone is incredible. The screen is incredible, the construction and ease of use just amazes me every time I pick it up.

At 200 bucks this phone would be worth it, for 100 is it just a give away and wiht the 100 rebate nokia is kicking in for an issue that I have not even come across just says they are serious about windows phone. I think I will actually feel guilty about accepting a 100 rebate from nokia on my AT&T bill. I want them to turn a profit. There are some amazing designers and engineers at that company and our money is what allows them to keep jobs.

Anyway, I don't really know what to say for a review, I just know that the phone, the marketplace, using the zune software, the build are just all I could ever ask for. This thing loads fast, turns on fast, the internet is fast. It just works and works well.

If they make a better version of this phone in a year, it will be akin to polishing a perfect diamond.

Thank you Nokia, Microsoft and AT&T (I just came from verizon)you have done an amazing job!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I preordered my Cyan Lumia 900 and received it 4/6/2011. I had over 100 apps on my previous phone and they all were available in the Marketplace for Windows Phone. That, in and of itself is just incredible! Super easy to use and lightning fast. The camera is also awesome and their are some truly wonderful camera apps in the Marketplace. And I have had zero connection issues also. I think if you follow ATT&T's detailed Getting Started instructions yhou will not have any problems either.
on April 10, 2012
I come from Europe and Nokia is a big deal there. I've been in the US for almost 5 years an I always missed having a good Nokia phone here. I had a Iphone 4 for a year and I got so bored with it. When I heard the Nokia is coming back to US and especially with a unique device and OS I was so happy. Since I never used a Windows phone before I was very anxious to try it out. When the Lumia 800 came to the Microsoft Store I fell in love with it and I wanted to buy it really bad even if it was $899. But at the same time I already knew that the Lumia 900 was also coming in a few months, so I decided to wait. And I'm very glad I did. I went to the Microsoft Store on the 9th to see the phone for the first time, I was stunned, what a beauty. As soon as the phone turned on, I couldn't get my eyes off it, the OS is very well designed, super fast, beautiful interface, great selection of apps(i didn't care about all the people that say Windows Marketplace is very small), they have everything I need. Nokia Apps are great and perform amazing. The camera is great also, I don't see a need in more megapixels for a cell phone, 8 are plenty. If I need better pictures I can use my digital camera. The screen very responsive, the Clear Black technology gives it a very sexy look and the colors are very bright and feel alive. Overall experience is unforgettable, I just can't stop looking a it. My wife and friends all have iphones and they said the Nokia Lumia 900 is an absolute beauty! I highly recommend this phone if you want to be unique and also have a great tool in your pocket. Good luck Nokia. I want to see only great phones in the future and especially in the US.
on April 10, 2012
I don't even know where to start. I've had my phone for over a day now and I'm completely thrilled with the product. Best place to start is with describing the solid construction. Use of polycarbonate body feels really sturdy and makes me not cringe if I dropped the phone. Screen is beautiful and the colors just pop out. Given how vibrant the screen is, I haven't really noticed a huge difference when reading kindle books on the Nokia device even when comparing it to my iPad 3. OS is smooth and fast. No clue why reviewers are so hung up on the phone being single core. For most of the rest of the population that chooses their phones based on experience, the rest of us won't notice. Live tiles are a breeze to use and make getting things done better. Speakerphone is loud and clear. When I'm on the speakerphone, people can't tell that I'm on it. This phone is stable, stable, stable. No more rebooting like my two other samsung Android phones when I'm trying to make a phone call. No more laggy performance even though I shut down every app and made certain nothing was running in the background. Even listening to online radio on Wifi is more stable on this device. Only negative thing I can say about the device is that the app ecosystem is less than iOS and android, but I've found adequate enough replacements that it's not that big a barrier. For example, WP7 doesn't have Pandora, but I've found iheartradio to be a better product anyways. Some of that is made up for by the great Nokia specific WP7 apps. Nokia Drive is fantastic. Imagine turn by turn directions with maps that can be downloaded (no data hog worries here) for over 100 countries with spoken directions in at least 20 languages / accents (Urdu anyone?). Maybe one other thing is the camera underperforms given what I had expected from a Zeiss camera, but overall it's okay versus other camera phones. Colors are average, but photos are actually pretty sharp. Speed to take a photo is a bit on the slow side versus iPhone 4S my wife has.

Regardless of the situation with apps, at the end of the day, the killer application for any smartphone is voice. I can't even begin to express how thrilled I am with the reception on the phone. There is a spot on my drive back home that I used to ALWAYS drop coverage on the iPhone and Samsung Android phones. I drove right by and kept the conversation going. It was like I was on my verizon phone. The conversation always used to get cut off when I'd pull up into the garage and walk into the elevator in my building. With this phone, the reception was crystal clear with absolutely no degradation in the signal.

While other folks may be amazed by the pizzazz of more apps and dual cores, I just want a phone that works. This phone works with few hiccups and shows what happens when a smartphone actually functions as a phone. I used to think the reason why I kept dropping calls was because AT&T had an inferior network, but after having this phone, I've decided it was because I had the wrong phone.
on April 9, 2012
Like everyone that pre-ordered, I received my phone on Friday and have been using it all weekend. I'm loving it! The screen is gorgeous, and the camera very nice. I had a HTC HD7 and I did some side-by-side comparison pictures and the Lumia definately had the better picture. But it wasn't just the richer color, the image was sharper and better stabilized. I'm so glad I got this phone.
I bought 3 of these phones and they have been nothing but Awesome
the video and pic is the best I have ever had.
Thanks again Nokia
on April 12, 2012
This is my first review, but I wanted to let others know that this phone is amazing! I love the voice recognition on this - it's so accurate! Texting on this phone is so much better than the iPhone I had, I can't even describe how much better! It fixes my typing and does it accurately, rather than making me look silly by changing what I've written to something silly, right before I hit send.

It's fast. The screen is beautiful. The batter lasts forever.

I could not be happier!
on April 9, 2012
I am loving this phone way too much to give a completely objective review. But I can tell you something.

The black of the screen is so dark that you almost cannot distinguish it from the bezel! Its awesome! On a more technical term, the black part of the screen literally does not consume any power, and as windows phone has more black than any other color in its UI, the battery life gets a significant boost from it.
LTE is awesome. My LTE speed is almost as much as I get in my home by WiFi! YouTube in HQ!
The front-facing camera is amazing. If video chat has any preference at all, this is the phone to get. I am comparing to HTC Titan.
The build quality! If anyone is not familiar with Nokia's build quality, they can buy this phone eyes closed. Easily the best built phone in market. It lives up to Nokia's standard easily.
The phone feels really superior to hold. The side of the phone is rounded, not boxy or edgy, so its really easy to hold. And the texture of the poly-carbonate body makes thing even sweeter.
Fantastic call quality. Nokia held up to their reputation in call quality. The positioning of the external speaker allows you to listen to music or talk on speakerphone regardless of which side of the phone is facing up.

If you are buying this under contract, I challenge anyone to find a better deal than this phone at under $100/$50. This is not a flawless phone, but if you look at the price, it blows all other phones out of the water.

BUY THIS PHONE.
on April 12, 2012
Okay so I had a Samsung focus that I cracked the screen on over 5 months ago and had the chance to upgrade during christmas to the focus S. I saw the lumia 800 and fell in love. I figured I would wait to see if the 800 was to come to the USA. Once the 900 was announced, nothing was going to make me change my mind otherwisw, I was going to wait.

Well I'm glad I did cause this phone is so dang nice and beyond a head turner. The screen is so large and much more vibrant the the focus I had. The speed is fast and does not lag out at all. Why get a quad core when you don't need it in my opinion, it's not a pc. The camera has some great features and is premium in the field of point and shoot for everyday use. I know the Titan 2 has 16mp but if I need to go that high then I might as well get a professional camera.

In the way of apps I know the selection is lower then apple and android but the os has only been out a year and a half. Everything takes time and all the apps I need are there. I mean, I have 50+ apps on my ipod and only use maybe 15 consistantly. All of which I have on my phone.

The only real complaint I had was that my data was not working out of the box. It is a software issue that att and nokia are aware of and is being fixed with an update on Monday (16th). Furthermore, nokia is giving everyone who got the phone before the 22nd a $100 credit to their bill for the issue. So the phone is free!!! So yeah, well worth it.
on April 25, 2012
First, the craftsmanship of this phone is fantastic. Feels amazing in the hand. I find it hard to adequately describe in words how much better this phone feels in the hand than others I've used.

Second, the new Windows Phone interface is intuitive and easy to use. Love the concept of tiles that are alive with data so I don't always have to open an app to know what's going on. The way my photos, notes, documents are just always with me on phone and my laptop (or any PC via cloud) is great. The automatic syncing to cloud for photos and docs works well, and is very convenient. I signed up for "Zune Pass", so I can stream any song over the air without an additional fee. This, combined with hassle-free Bluetooth connection to my car makes it very easy to stream basically any song over the air through my car stereo.

Third, different in a very good way. I like that it's blue (excuse me, "cyan") - really nice color. The screen is really, really gorgeous. Blacks are deep black. Screen is bright, but colors stay very saturated. The tiles on the start screen give the phone a very distinctive look, too. In fact, the OS and many of the apps tend are quite beautifully done. Between the hardware and the OS, the phone really stands out. I would say that the idea of using an icon based phone -- even a very good one -- seems sort of like stepping back in time now... they just feel sort of "dated" in comparison.

Not everything is perfect with this phone. For one thing, a higher resolution screen would be nice to have. That being said, the screen is still one of my favorite things about the phone (as I described) above. The camera is good, but not as good as I thought it would be.

Some folks might wonder about the apps -- and if they apps they want are available. So far, I've been able to find an app I like for all my needs. There are about 80,000 apps for Windows Phone now. Not bad. While this is not as many as are available on other platforms, I think for most people app selection on Windows Phone is not truly an issue. I think the reality is that the app universe has an extremely "long tail." What I mean is, most of the mobile phone apps (on any platform) have very few people using them. The apps that most people use most often are generally available on all the platforms.

Basically, I love my Nokia Lumia 900.