Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on May 22, 2012
I previously used a Sony Experia and a Motorola Bravo, both running Android. I can say that I am very pleased with having switched to this phone. I would have seriously considered waiting for the HTC One X, but the price on this phone could not be beat for comparable phones. I also regularly use my wife's iPhone. I think Windows Phone compares very favorably with iPhone as well. Among other features, the live tiles are very nice and the contacts/facebook integration is fantastic. Overall, I am very pleased with the switch. As to apps, the only app I had to have was Good for my work email. Once that came to Windows Phone, I made the switch. Most other apps I use are available.
on April 9, 2012
I have gotten my Lumia 900(blue/Cyan) this morning and I totally love it.
It is a great phone and I initially that I had data issues like a few users mentioned but mine was a case of AT&T forgetting to transfer data plan from my previous phone.
on April 21, 2012
At first I was very cautious about going over the Windows phone environment, but not at all disappointed, even after being with practically every iPhone since 2007. This phone is definietely helping with the process, it's smooth, responsive, and even though the screen is not ultra high resolution, I can't seem to find any one place where I miss retina display. Don't get me wrong, Apple's technology is top notch, I just don't think I'll miss it from now on since the Lumia so far has done everything beautifully with a lower resolution. Besides that, many people seem to bring out the lack of more apps, but the apps I use are there and the phone handles them beautifully. I am really impressed with the phone, the color (Cyan), and the operating system.
on April 17, 2012
I jumped on to Windows Phone wagon after seeing the Nokia 900 device. It is less or same weight as iPhone 4 (my previous phone).

I like the larger screen and brighter display.

As a newbie to windows phone, it took some time to learn about the WP7.5 features and I love the people tile on the first page. It provides me all the information per person (their emails, chats, FB and Linked in updates).

Maps application is cool.

I am not finding 1 or 2 apps I used to have on iPhone, but I can live without them for a while.

For the price you pay (ZERO $ or get money back from ATT, if you buy it from Amazon), it is a steal!

I love it, love it, love it.
on May 22, 2012
I have owned a lot of smart phones over the past couple years, including an iPhone, and a couple Android phones. I recently bought the Nokia Lumia 900, and I really love it. First off, it is a beautiful device, feels great in the hand, yet is very durable. Second, it is just so quick and easy to use. Compared to Android, it is night and day easier and quicker. I was always so frustrated with my phone before, and now I love it. I find myself using it more and more all the time.

I was recently in New Jersey, and got to try the LTE, and to say I was impressed is an understatement. The LTE service was so fast, I couldn't believe it. I was seeing 18Mbps download speeds!
on April 13, 2012
Ordered the Lumia 900 from the AT&T website to replace my Focus S. (I got the Focus S to replace my orginal Zune when it died, I had been using an Iphone for my phone. (Iphone4, previously Iphone 3g)

The Lumia 900 is sex in hand. The build quality and feel in the hand is amazing. Like a solid chunk of sheer awesomeness chiseled into phone form. The Windows Phone OS is fantastic, it's different from iOS and Android, but in almost every way better. It feels like It's designed to "do" stuff, not just launch apps. And the most common stuff I do I don't need an "app" to do it's just built in and does it well.
on May 4, 2012
I upgraded from Iphone 4 to Lumia 900 and so far the phone appears to be pleasing me. Hardware wise phone is excellent. OS looks pretty fast with only exception being the unavailability of major apps.

For the first 2 days of having this phone, I thought I should return it and go back to Iphone. But as I keep using this phone my impression is changing and now I don't want to return it for sure. Was waiting on SIII launch and it came out with 4.8" screen which is way big for me to carry and use as a phone. So, no SIII.

I hope Microsoft will take up building the eco system seriously. Without that Nokia/Windows OS can't win hearts !!
66 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2012
I've had an iphone, an android phone and now a windows phone and I wouldn't trade this one in for anything else right now. The OS is so fluid. No hiccups, no crashes, no nothing. Battery life is great even with everything turned on. Keyboard is great, apps are great, screen is amazing. Can't say I've found a single flaw yet. Give it a try and you'll be blown away how well this phone works. I was a total skeptic about buying anything Windows related but it looks like they finally got something right.
on May 17, 2012
I've had the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, 4S, HTC EVO 4G, Moto Photon, and HTC Arrive. The Nokia Lumia 900 is by far the best in terms of usability, battery life, and design.

Pros:
Good battery life
Great UI
Great Design
LTE Speed is fast
Windows Phone 7.5 is awesome, with some flaws (see cons)

Cons:
Lack of app support

Although I think Windows Phone 7.5 is more stable and more user-friend than iPhone, here are some cons MS really needs to resolve.

1. Windows Live Messenger on the phone only allow you to login to your Live Messenger using the primary Live account you used to set up the phone.

2. Upgrade from Windows Phone 7 to 7.5 allow users to filter out all your Live contacts from your phone book; however, these contacts continue to appear in your phone book search... WHY??? There is a reason why I don't want these contacts to appear on my phone book, why are they appearing in my search?

3. Search - Let's face it, Bing has come a long way and is getting better by the day; however, I still prefer Google, there is no way of setting your default search engine from Bing to Google.

Final Thoughts:
With the cons, I still think this phone works much better than iPhone with the smooth interface and IMO, I don't need all the apps appearing on my screens and having 10 different screens.
Windows Phone allow you to "PIN" apps you actually use often to the main screen with all the apps available on page 2. This is it, which is great, no more 10 screens if I only use 5 or 6 of the apps often and the other 50 once in a blue moon.

Definitely would recommend this phone to anyone contemplating.
on May 18, 2012
So far, this is the most beautiful phone I have ever owned! So much more beautiful that the latest iPhone or Android device. The build quality of the Lumia 900 is excellent! It has a premium feel, and it feels good in the hand. Most importantly, it runs on what I feel is the most well-thought and well-designed phone operating system: Windows Phone 7.5. It's so fast and fluid, my friends and co-workers were so impressed that many have already switched to Windows Phone. And of all the Windows Phones out in the market, the Lumia 900 is easily the best. If you decide on buying one, you won't be disappointed! :)