Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on March 23, 2016
I had quite a few mineral sunscreen failure before (all of them are too thick, don't blend and leave terrible white cast) and had to stay with chemical sunscreens that sting my eyes all the time. I was not quite convinced with all the good reviews when I placed an order for this product, but now I feel like I have to spread the words how great it is! First, it is super fluid and blends so well. It is not sticky or greasy at all and thus absorbed instantly. Second, it is tinted but you can't really see the color after you apply. I have pale tone Asian skin and the color of the sunscreen is a little darker than my tone. However, as soon as it melts into your skin, you don't see any color change. It's colored but also transparent in a sense. It is not a foundation so don't expect any coverage. However, I see that it balances and refines your skin tone and it is convenient when you don't put any makeup. I can totally go out by wearing only this sunscreen. Last, it gives a nice, healthy glow on to your skin. My skin doesn't get oily throughout the day and I don't see any residue or films at the end of the day. Overall, I am very satisfied with this purchase and this will be my only sunscreen from now.
review imagereview imagereview image
251 people found this helpful
on March 2, 2017
The La Roche-Posay sunscreens are great however, the one that I received from Amazon was gritty which it should not be. I needed to wipe my face after I put it on to remove the grit. The "use by" date was not until 2018 so I don't think it was expired. Perhaps it just hadn't been stored at the correct temperature? I called Amazon and at first they wanted me to UPS it back to them but when I told them we were out of town (the reason I needed the sunscreen!) they simply credited me for the purchase. I think I will purchase La Roche-Posay from my dermatologists office in the future.
32 people found this helpful
|77 comments|Report abuse
on September 18, 2017
OK, so I am a guy who wanted some good quality sunscreen for my face for daily use because I'm really fair-skinned and I'm vain and don't want to age any faster than necessary. I saw the non-tinted version of this stuff and decided I was going to roll the dice and get some, even though it's way out of any logical price range I would ever have normally considered. While I thought about it for one freaking day, I went back and the non-tinted version had increased by $5 per bottle, which is outrageous for the quantity you are getting here (1.7 freaking oz). But Amazon showed me that the tinted version (for whatever reason) was cheaper by a few dollars so I went for it. As I said, I'm fair skinned so this might not be a problem for people with ANY melanin in their skin, but for me it is very obvious when I'm wearing it. I mean, it doesn't look like I'm spray-tanned, but it is obvious to me. No one else has said anything to me about it, but my wife noticed and of course made fun of me saying I looked like I was wearing make up. Whatever. I don't think it's THAT bad, but I would never get the tinted version again. That being said, it rubs in really easily and smoothly. I also feel confident when I'm outside that I'm protected, which is the most important thing, but because it soaks into your skin so quickly and effortlessly I end up using more than I would like to just to make sure I have adequate coverage.
5 people found this helpful
on March 26, 2016
I can't say enough about this sunblock. I have very sensitive, acne prone skin & my skin actually loves this stuff. I've even slept in this sunblock & no breakouts or oily skin. AMAZING! I'm not into wearing much make up anymore, so the tint is perfect. Very light, natural coverage. My skin looks incredible when I wear it. It's definitely worth the cost! My search for the perfect face sunblock is OVER. Try it, you'll love it! :)
20 people found this helpful
on January 22, 2015
This product is identical to the Face version, except you get 4.2 fl oz vs 1.7 for about the same cost. The tint is very makeup-y so I don't know why they would market this for the body. I would never use this for the body. If you are going to use this for the face, this is a much better value.
21 people found this helpful
on August 29, 2015
This sunscreen works well. I don't burn when using it. I bought the tinted one and the brown tint rubbed off on my shirt and shorts. I can't get it out. My shirt and shorts were ruined. They are discolored. I wish I had ordered the one with no tint. I didn't know it would stain my clothing. The color sat on my skin for hours. It didn't really soak in like I thought it would.

Yes, it works. I didn't get a sunburn. I didn't get a rash. I have sensitive skin and get a rash often from different products. I tolerated this product with no ill effects. The only problem I encountered was the tint rubbing off on my clothing and ruining my clothes.

I had read reviews saying the non-tinted one made people look ghostly white. I would prefer that to ruining my clothing.
10 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on April 13, 2017
This is the first time I write a review for a product bought off of Amazon, but I can't say enough about this sunscreen. I have mild rosacea and started looking for a high-quality sunscreen I could easily incorporate into my routine when I finally understood that it was really important to prevent flare-ups. What other reviewers have said is accurate - it is light, it doesn't sting, and it gives the skin a nice finish that's not oily at all. I would even add that it's so pleasant to put on that I enjoy re-applying it during the day (a first!) I like that it's tinted because it does give you a nice glow that adapts to your skin tone, but don't expect that it offers coverage like a foundation. I complement with concealer here and there.
14 people found this helpful
on July 17, 2016
I use this on my face, not my body. It's a better deal than the one intended for the face (more product for your $) and as others have already mentioned, the tint in this would get all over your clothes if you wore it elsewhere on your body.

I haven't tried to wear makeup (foundation or powder) over it, but I find that this sunscreen offers enough coverage that I don't need makeup. I would say that its coverage is on par with tinted moisturizers that I've tried. I put this on top of my moisturizer in the morning, add a little mascara and lip gloss and I'm ready to go! For my purposes, this is a 2-in-1 product: SPF + light foundation. In this regard, it is a tremendous value and softens the sticker pain. The way I see it, it's cheaper than what I'd pay for a good sunscreen and a good foundation.

The only con is the smell. It smells awful and it lingers for a few hours after application. I find this to be the case with all mineral sunscreens, though, so it's not a fault of the product. I much prefer mineral sunscreens for my hypsensistive dry skin. I find that chemical sunscreens can be irritating (they burn me badly around my nose and cheeks) and they can also be a bit occlussive on my skin so I'm thrilled that I found this product and will continue to use and purchase this!
6 people found this helpful
on May 3, 2017
I love this product. I live in Florida and have had skin cancer. I have to wear special sleeves on my forearms to protect me from the sun. This product works well because it isn't greasy or oily. I can wear it under my sleeves for added protection and it does not cling or discolor the fabric. I wear it on my face everyday. No breakout problems or clogged pores.
13 people found this helpful
on March 9, 2017
I wanted to like this so bad as I'm a huge fan of the tinted bb comfort cream, but unfortunately this just didn't work for my dry skin. It has an odd, greasy and powdery finish that leaves my skin never feeling quite clean.

It is definitely very light, so If you love a matte finish and have normal skin, this may be for you. If you have dry skin and need something with a bit more moisture, or you want a dewy glow, probably not a great fit.
13 people found this helpful