Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Verizon Home Phone Connect (Verizon Wireless)
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on October 10, 2013
The phone connect has worked perfectly so far. You must check your reception with a verizon cell phone before buying as the device will not work well without at least 2 bars. I tried a Magic Jack 1st and returned it after being on the phone with someone in another country for 3 hours. This device does not need an internet connection.I highly suggest you purchase the home phone connect on line ($30-40). That way you do not need to have a commitment with verizon if you don't like it. Verizon charges $140 for the device or free with a two year contract.
on February 21, 2014
Received the item. It did not work with my current home phone. Purchased 2 add'l phones to make sure the item sent by Mobile Karma aka Recellular too (2) did not work. The packaging/box had no return name on it but, it did have a phone number in its place. (Save your outer wrap kids !) I called the phone number 3 times before I got through. When finally reaching a person, I was put on hold then disconnected. I tried to call back 3 additional times ---and the calls were ignored (most likely they have phone caller ID eh'?)

Finally, I called my Amazon and they took care of it with ease / like corporate pros. A few days later, a man called me saying he worked for Fortune 50 companies and took care of customer complaints (read : please remove your negative feedback.) After listening to him go on for 5 minutes I'd had enough. This (recellular too and Mobile Karma) company is a nuisance and will do nothing but waste your precious resources.

Please Amazon, do your due diligence and make sure these schlok operators can't resurface under new names, they are bad for your reputation.
on December 13, 2012
I had one of these Verizon Home Phone Connect devices and service about a year ago and it was horrible!

I thought it would be a cost effective way to have another phone number independent of our main telephone service that we have through our cable provider. If the cable ever went out due to weather or whatever, we would still have Verizon Home Phone Connect. I also intended to use it as my work phone for my home office and for conference calls.

The Verizon Home Phone Connect relies on their cellular network, which is usually very good in my area, but the audio quality was often worse than my Verizon cellphone. It was noticeably worse than our old telephone company landline and our phone service through our cable provider. The audio quality was especially bad on conference calls if I was even able to dial-in to a conference call at all. The Verizon Home Phone Connect would often mess up the touch tones necessary to enter the conference call ID, passcode, etc. forcing me to redial the touch tones just to get in. It was a joke for business use.

I made adjustments to the system per their tech instructions and even called Verizon a couple times to see if they could improve the audio quality but they couldn't.

The worse part was being forced to pay the early termination penalty to drop their service. Don't get locked into this piece of junk unless it's your only choice for phone service. I'm generally very pleased with my Verizon cellphone service but this Home Phone Connect system is really bad.

I see that AT&T has something similar probably with similar cell service limitations and the usual early termination fees.

Never again!
55 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2013
I bought the "Like New" unit for my mom. Physical condition was great but almost continuous complaints from those talking to her (cutting in an out, etc). Didn't think you could have so many problems with such a simple device. In an event. Verizon was wonderful and patient and in the long run replaced the unit with a new one. Voila! Fairly consistent operation from then on. Highly recommend going this route to replace a land line, but like anything, may not work the first time.
on February 4, 2013
We have been using this for about 2 years now after replacing our AT&T line, saved us a lot of money.

There have been no problems with the connection and or the quality of the line.

We do live in an area that does have good cell reception - so make sure before you purchase this, that you know what the cell reception is like first.
on November 6, 2014
Bought this to connect my home on a Verizon line that I had a spare phone on. Ported my number over quickly and now I'm saving about $40 a month by having this on my Family Share plan! Works flawlessly even in my basement - never drops calls and it's nice to know that it will work for a while if the power goes out. Connecting was a breeze and sound quality is great.
on May 26, 2014
Land line gave me only local calls for $30ish a month. Verizon wireless was about $22 with local, long distance plus many other features.Researched this unit and found this on amazon. Because it was bought through a third party, no long term contract was required when I signed up for the Verizon wireless home phone service. As for the unit, sound quality is very good. I live in rural area and the signal strength is one bar shy of full, with no reception problems. With the Verizon service, all calls have to have the area code, even in the local area.
on June 14, 2015
An excellent value--it just needs to be activated by Verizon; they send you a start-up kit with simple instructions, and you are in
business in about 2-3 days. It let me keep my phone# of 30 years,and forward calls at no charge to my new phone# without the
caller even being aware of my new location, or my new number.
on May 16, 2014
I just replaced our Vonage service with this Verizon device. The voice quality is excellent. Initially we had poor quality voice so I relocated the device and it's great now. All three signal LEDs are lit. I connected our Uniden cordless master station to the unit and when a call comes in, ALL the paired phones will ring. If all your phones don't ring, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Verizon device. You may need to pair all system phones to the master station. We just used the same setup as we did with Vonage and everything just worked.

We will miss getting voicemail in our email and free voice to text transcription. For a savings of $15 we can handle it. One other missing feature is CID name. We only get the phone number and not the name. That service is $3. The work around is to put folks' name in the Uniden phone directory. Not optimum but it's something.

It's portable, so we can take it on vacation and not max out our cellular minutes.

We were told up front that the device will not work with fax machines or with all alarm devices. The online description and manual also explain that.

The device has a backup battery and in a power outage will work as long as the cellular towers are working.
on November 5, 2014
This item was received quick and wrapped in excellent, new-like condition.My phone calls are all clear and coming in.I had terrible experience with Vonage.When i cancelled they gave me such a hard time .I tried to explain how bad my reception was but, they did not care.They charged me 80 bucks for cancelling.I had no problems with verizon and this wireless system.I think it is great.