Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 65 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 91 reviews
on May 26, 2014
Land line gave me only local calls for $30ish a month. Verizon wireless was about $22 with local, long distance plus many other features.Researched this unit and found this on amazon. Because it was bought through a third party, no long term contract was required when I signed up for the Verizon wireless home phone service. As for the unit, sound quality is very good. I live in rural area and the signal strength is one bar shy of full, with no reception problems. With the Verizon service, all calls have to have the area code, even in the local area.
on October 10, 2013
The phone connect has worked perfectly so far. You must check your reception with a verizon cell phone before buying as the device will not work well without at least 2 bars. I tried a Magic Jack 1st and returned it after being on the phone with someone in another country for 3 hours. This device does not need an internet connection.I highly suggest you purchase the home phone connect on line ($30-40). That way you do not need to have a commitment with verizon if you don't like it. Verizon charges $140 for the device or free with a two year contract.
on June 14, 2015
An excellent value--it just needs to be activated by Verizon; they send you a start-up kit with simple instructions, and you are in
business in about 2-3 days. It let me keep my phone# of 30 years,and forward calls at no charge to my new phone# without the
caller even being aware of my new location, or my new number.
on November 6, 2014
Bought this to connect my home on a Verizon line that I had a spare phone on. Ported my number over quickly and now I'm saving about $40 a month by having this on my Family Share plan! Works flawlessly even in my basement - never drops calls and it's nice to know that it will work for a while if the power goes out. Connecting was a breeze and sound quality is great.
on November 5, 2014
This item was received quick and wrapped in excellent, new-like condition.My phone calls are all clear and coming in.I had terrible experience with Vonage.When i cancelled they gave me such a hard time .I tried to explain how bad my reception was but, they did not care.They charged me 80 bucks for cancelling.I had no problems with verizon and this wireless system.I think it is great.
on January 30, 2017
Works great. Was able to keep my house number and git rid of my 80 a month home phone bill, now i just pay 20 bucks a month through Verizon. Buy this here do not go into a store because they will charge you higher for the same product.
on January 31, 2013
I bought the "Like New" unit for my mom. Physical condition was great but almost continuous complaints from those talking to her (cutting in an out, etc). Didn't think you could have so many problems with such a simple device. In an event. Verizon was wonderful and patient and in the long run replaced the unit with a new one. Voila! Fairly consistent operation from then on. Highly recommend going this route to replace a land line, but like anything, may not work the first time.
on December 9, 2016
This is a viable option for replacing your wired home telephone number. It uses the Verizon cell phone system to provide service. It works well if you're in an area with good coverage. Adding a second number to my cell account was less expensive than maintaining a separate account.
on February 21, 2014
Received the item. It did not work with my current home phone. Purchased 2 add'l phones to make sure the item sent by Mobile Karma aka Recellular too (2) did not work. The packaging/box had no return name on it but, it did have a phone number in its place. (Save your outer wrap kids !) I called the phone number 3 times before I got through. When finally reaching a person, I was put on hold then disconnected. I tried to call back 3 additional times ---and the calls were ignored (most likely they have phone caller ID eh'?)

Finally, I called my Amazon and they took care of it with ease / like corporate pros. A few days later, a man called me saying he worked for Fortune 50 companies and took care of customer complaints (read : please remove your negative feedback.) After listening to him go on for 5 minutes I'd had enough. This (recellular too and Mobile Karma) company is a nuisance and will do nothing but waste your precious resources.

Please Amazon, do your due diligence and make sure these schlok operators can't resurface under new names, they are bad for your reputation.
on May 17, 2017
I am retracting my initial bad review. It turns out that the personal at my local Verizon Store had tried to program my new device with faulty equipment. As it turns out the device works as advertised and I am pleased..... particularly with the price. I am still puzzled, though, on the strange box that the product came in.