Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HTC One X, White 16GB (AT&T)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 29, 2012
First, let me say that I've tested all three smartphone ecosystems: iOS, WP and Android. I enjoyed them all, especially my recent purchase of the Nokia Lumia 800 (which I posted a review a while ago). So I'm pretty unbiased when it comes to pointing out pros and cons of each system, at least I'd like to think so.

Ok, now onto the actual review.

HARDWARE & DESIGN

I think this is absolutely the best looking smartphone HTC has delivered, and arguably the sexiest smartphone available on the market. Some might prefer the square edges of the iPhone 4S, some might like the Galaxy S3's curves. I just love the One X. It's the perfect combination of great clean and feel good design. I bought the white version. I think Apple would be proud to call this one of their own.

Now the screen. Best. Screen. Ever. It's big. It's bright. It's sharp (720p!). It's LCD2 and not pentile (haha Nexus). It's super sensitive.. Oh, and it's super battery-consuming. I can get maybe 4 hours of screen usage out of every full charge. And this is at 20-30% brightness (which is still plenty with this screen). The 4.7" size can be difficult to use with one-hand at times, but it's not really a problem unless you have super small hands.

The rear camera is also the one of the best. Sure, it still can't compare to a good P&S but in good lighting, you can get some terrific shots. The camera app is also awesome and very customizable. I love the Best-shot feature which lets you take a burst of shots then pick the best one to keep.

The only things I (personally, some of your might think otherwise) don't like about the design are:
a) power button is on top. It works for the iPhone, but when you have an almost 5" phone, it can be a little difficult to press the button with my index finger while holding the phone. I think Samsung got it just right with the power button on the right side of the phone.
b) micro-USB connector is on the left vs. at the bottom. This is not really a big deal, but I believe that we'll never see an elegant charging dock thanks to the horrible placement.
c) loudspeaker is on the back.

Bonus, there's also an LED notifier which I think should be on every phone. Very useful and saves battery too since I don't have to turn on the screen to check for new notifications.

SOFTWARE

It runs Google's latest big upgrade, Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0, (JellyBean 4.1 doesn't count) out of the box. This is expected (shame on you Sony) of any flasgship Android phone coming out in 2012. HTC customized it with their own Sense user interface, and you either love it or hate it. I personally think Sense 4.0 is a huge improvement from 3.0. They've removed a lot of the bloated stuff that slows down interface and cleaned it up more than a little. It's very usable and I quite enjoy it.

Ice Cream Sandwich is.. ICS. All I'll say is that there's not much it can't do. It's hard to review something that has been discussed to death. It's smooth, it's fast, it has tons of nifty features built-in. The notification system is still above and beyond that iOS is capable of. If you want a more detailed look at ICS, all you have to do is search on Google.

There's one major gripe I have with HTC though. The multitasking system they implemented. Using the excuse that the phone only has 1GB of RAM, they're handling multitasking very aggressively. Apps are being terminated too quickly and have to be reloaded. This is utter crap. I can live with it, but I hate it.

OTHER THOUGHTS

Battery is really bad, and since the One X has a unibody design (which I love), there's no swapping batteries :) If you need a phone with super long battery life, then the One X is not for you. Or do what I did, buy an external battery pack.

AT&T required their One X's bootloader to be locked. But nobody should be complaining about this now since it's already unlockable with 3rd-party softwares. I've unlocked mine and flashed a custom ROM with no problem.

Google just announced that JellyBean will be released for their Nexus line in mid-July. It's super super smooth with a handful of new features. Let's hope HTC won't drop the ball on this.

Overall, this is an amazing phone. It's not perfect, but the flaws are outweighed by the amazing things HTC were able to achieve with designing this flagship phone. 5 STARS!
VINE VOICEon June 10, 2012
First off, let me come clean, I currently work for an authorized AT&T retailer--I receive dealer phones to use for free, so I will not comment on the pricing as this does not pertain to me...okay, in the interest of full disclosure, now that I have that out of the way, I'll continue forward...

First things first, what REALLY attracts you to this device pure and simple is the absolutely GORGEOUS screen. Since I work around, with and selling mobile devices, I have seen more than my share of what the industry has to offer. Folks still go on and on about the iPhone's Retina Display, and yes, it IS a great screen with wonderful clarity--however, I personally prefer the Super Amoled Plus screens that Samsung produces much more simply due to the incredible color saturation. Everyone of course has their own opinion in regards to this, and personally, I understand that opinions vary, so I'm not here saying one is verifiably better than another, just what I personally prefer. With that said, the One X's screen is hands down the best, most clear and vivid I have ever seen on ANY wireless device. Its not even close to be honest. That alone is the best selling point for this phone, but there is plenty to love aside from all that...but easily, this is one of those phones you simply MUST see in order to fully appreciate.

***Minor Update***

Working for AT&T, I had the opportunity to help with an issue from some Romanian vacationers, one of which had the Euro version of the Samsung Galaxy SIII and I simply MUST say, what an incredible device it was. I realize the American version will not feature the Quad-Core processor due to its current incompatibility with 4G LTE technology (I'm sure that will change within 6-8 months). The phone is simply awesome and a worthy successor to the SII which remains the most popular smartphone in the world. While the Super Amoled Plus screen is simply GORGEOUS on the SIII, I'm still going out on a limb and say that overall I prefer the One X more for the sheer Realism of the screens ability to render virtually anything. Both phones feature the exact same pixel density, but the colors on the SIII--as one would expect--literally JUMP off the screen. Honestly, its a VERY tough division to find anything better on one over the other. I'd venture to say that this is going to be subjective to each person individually. While I may prefer one, you may prefer the other. All I can say is for THIS particular person, I think that HTC wins on this one--but only by the slimmest of margins. Overall however, based on stats alone I'd take the SIII over the One X. Also, the T-Mobile version of the One also has a Super Amoled screen and not the Super HD LCD display like the AT&T model, and it is clearly not as good, this isn't subjective, it just IS. Check one out if you doubt me.

Let me also add one additional downside to ANY phone now featuring Android 4.0...no Adobe Flash support. I had it on my Droid Razr before the update, but afterwards, gone. I tried to download it from Google Play only to read that they won't be supporting Ice Cream Sandwich enabled devices. My question is this: WHY??? Until such time as the bulk of the internet stops using Flash, and HTML5 takes over, I find it hypocritical and almost a cheat to deny those of us who have championed Android over iPhones using this as one of our reasons for choosing one over the other. They ought to at least give us the option. But either way, this is one VERY serious item to consider before making the purchase, FYI.

Android 4.0 is quite a leap ahead from Gingerbread. One thing I find difficult to get used to is the total lack of the 4th search button at the bottom of the device. I've been an Android user for a long time and I use that button a LOT. I don't find the absence of it an actual plus in the so-called upgrade from 2.3.6 to 4.0. Not a fan of dropping that button. Other than that, I find it interesting how some people love HTC's Sense user interface and others have a deep seated hatred for it. There seems to be few folks who are in between on the issue. Honestly, I tend to really like HTC's stamp on Android and always have. It's very fluid and visually its very well put together--but I realize not everyone is in my corner. All I can say is this new version of Sense--at least in MY opinion works pretty great, and looks just as good.

My favorite part of ICS is the Voice to Text feature and how it has been improved upon. I love how many iPhone users talk about Siri and its capabilities as though apple originated the ability to turn speech into text on phones. I got news: Android has had this ability for YEARS. With that being said, Siri IS pretty freakin' cool, and works--for the most part--pretty good...however for Android users, I enjoy Speaktoit Assistant, which does virtually everything that any iPhone can do, too. Getting back to the 4.0 Voice upgrade...once you start recording your voice you'll immediately notice a difference. It begins writing what you say almost instantly, and will continue to do so until you press pause or stop. VERY convenient and from what I can tell, works even better and more accurate than my earlier Androids. Since I use this feature a lot while driving ('Cuz you ain't supposed to text and drive, right?) it comes in quite handy and works very well.

The much hyped Face Unlock feature of 4.0 is more novel than anything else. From my personal tests, it works--but only SOME of the time. I also discovered that using a similar photograph of you will work almost as often as using your own face. For that reason alone I simply don't use it. I found every time I tried to demo the feature to friends, it made me look silly--and I don't particularly like that.

Let's focus on the other best feature of the One X: the Camera. WOW. Every bit as appealing as the screen in my opinion. As you turn on the device you can go directly to the camera and it launches not quite as fast as AT&T and HTC CLAIM--but it does so faster than any other camera on a phone I've personally seen. The photos are easily the BEST I've seen taken with a mobile device such as this. Better than the iPhone 4S--to be fair, not by much, but better all the same. What really sets this camera apart is the sensor capabilities to which HTC has obviously put a lot into its development. I was a bit underwhelmed at the weak flash, but for close-ups, in the dark it worked clearly above average. Otherwise, without the flash it took surprisingly clear pics in darker situations. Impressive to be honest. And fast...? One of the biggest issues with camera phones is how S-L-O-W they are to open and once open, even slower to actually take. I can't tell you how many photographs I've lost because by the time my phone was ready to take a pic the moment had passed. If you're on the ball, that shouldn't be a problem with the One X. Not only will the app open within about 2 seconds at the LONGEST (should be around a sec under most situations), you'll be able to snap 4 pics PER second if you keep your finger on the button. Everyone seems to be critical of HTC for not including a dedicated camera button (I wish it had one, too) but its not that big a deal, but it would've been nice. You can snap up to 100 pics within a minute, so chances are at SOME point that awesome photo will be tucked away in there somewhere. It'll even give you the option of choosing the best photo from that recent batch you took and delete the rest. I thought that function worked pretty well, too.

Build: While nothing about the phone seemed cheap to me, it feels great in my hand and very light weight considering its 4.7" screen size. Its polycarbonate frame is well manufactured and certainly feels well built if you ask me. All in all, not a cheap feeling like I get when I handle almost ALL Samsung devices (and I really like them for the most part).

Beats audio is a very cool addition. Considering the One X cost the same as the iPhone 4S, this is one major selling point and more than worth the reason to make the jump from apple. If you haven't heard it, I urge you to give it a demo before feeling that only apple can reproduce audio with any amount of success...if after comparing you STILL say apple is better, chances are you desperately need a hearing aide.

Battery: NOT impressed. In fact, this is where I truly felt that HTC not only fell short, but I dropped a star because of it. HTC has had known battery drainage issues for as far back as I can remember on their devices, pretty much ALL of their devices. Why they opted with a smaller battery for such a hugely draining device with LTE capability is honestly beyond me. The upcoming Samsung Galaxy S3 will have a considerably larger battery, meaning the only current phone that should have longer battery life would be the Razr Maxx. I'm also a bit perplexed why HTC opted to release the phone with only a 16 Gig storage version instead of the quad-core 32 Gig model they released in Europe. It would've been excusable if we had the ability to add an SD card, but they dropped that option as well. In this day having a cloud storage option is nice, but sorry, but I'd much rather have it ON my phone rather than 'Out There'. I'm fine with cloud storage--I really am, I just hate to rely on it, thats all. Either way, with almost every model of phone (save iPhones) having additional storage options via an SD card, it seems rather careless to omit it here. My personal opinion, that's all.

Keep in mind that if you have an LTE signal, your phone will use up that precious battery even quicker. Something to consider. I'm not huge about having the option to remove the battery, but at the very least, purchasing an extra charger for work and a car charger is almost a necessity rather than a luxury. Food for thought.

As far as signal goes and browser strength and speed, lets just say with AT&T's HSPA+ and LTE network, the phone works VERY fast indeed. Oh, and viewing internet pages is a delight with the One X's screen. The extra real estate really comes in handy in this area specifically.

All in all, there is a LOT to love about the One X. Is it perfect? Nope. However I would've given it 5 stars if the battery had been bigger and it gave me the option of adding additional storage via an SD card. Some will find this a deal breaker, but others may not...either way, I recommend you go INTO a store and handle the phone IN person before making a purchase just to see for yourself. Its really important these days, especially with all the options there are around us.

Hope this helps!
on July 10, 2012
I bought this phone after reading the reviews that it is one of the best phone out there. I am using it for 2 months now and it looks great and feels great. The good things about this phone are awesome screen and camera. Camera is fabulous, it's better then most cameras in cameras..forget about phone cameras. There is no shutter lag and picture comes so clear. You will fall in love with the camera as soon as you will take first picture. Also the features provided with the camera are awesome. I don't need to talk much about the screen as everyone knows it has HD 4.7 screen, which is not too big and not too small. Phone feels great in hand and fits in my pocket.

I should also say that I have replaced it twice because of the hardware issues, generally related to the network. I bought this phone as soon as it was released, so i got the phone with OS version 1.77. Version 1.77 was horrible, it was slow and poor battery life. It should 4G symbol, but I couldn't get any internet. I complaint to ATT couple of times and they said to factory reset etc but nothing worked. I called amazon (as i was still in 30 day period) and replaced it with a new handset. The new phone came with OS 1.85, which was better. It was responsive and had good battery life. After few weeks, it also started to have network issues. If I restart my phone, I don't get any network. It shows I am on Airplane mode. It took me 2 hours to figure out how to fix it. Also, most apps started to have weird issues...Overall I am very unhappy with this phone as I am power user and I want my phone to work flawlessly. It might be good phone for people who are not continuously using their phones.
VINE VOICEon May 24, 2012
Professional reviewers will tell you that the HTC One X is simply the best Droid phone on the planet and that the upcoming Galaxy III will have to work hard to dethrone it. While it is an excellent phone, some glaring flaws in the One X made me question the hype. The ray of sunshine came through for me when I learned to stop worrying and love the Internet. Read on...

When it comes to the Pros, the One X has a whole lot going for it. The International version has a quad-core processor and 32GB of storage onboard. I was surprised and disappointed to hear that both the One X and the Galaxy III will be losing that quad-core in the American versions, but I've learned a bit since then. Number of cores is important to a processor, there's no doubt: but the internal architecture of the processor is important, too. The manufacturing of the One X's newer dual-core is more efficient than the older quad-core processor, and sites benchmarking the two have come up with almost identical performance scores. Using the phone, there's no doubt that everything is speedy and responsive--the browser is fast, apps like Facebook knock load-times out of the park, and games like Angry Birds don't stutter trying to render house-smashing physics. The One X seems to be slightly less happy making the transition from one app to the other, but it's not a problem, it's more like, "getting here felt like 110% speed, closing out and opening the next program took a moment and then we were back at 110% again." Call quality is quite good, and it seems like these days just about every smartphone makes good, clear calls given good coverage--but speakerphone modes will always be tiny and tinny.

Where we have the downsides of AT&T start with the fact that the AT&T version for the US contains only 16GB of storage. You don't get all of that 16GB by any stretch: after separate partitions for the system and software, you get just shy of 10GB left for your use. When you think about the fact that an hour of 1080p HD video clocks in at around 11GB, that's not good--even if you put no music or photos on the phone, you're already limited from the get-go thanks to the storage downgrade. "No problem," says I, "I have my 32GB microSD! I'll just pop it into the...what? No slot?" That's right: no SD slot is a glaring error, and I criticize the pros who say, "10 GB is plenty!" or "they couldn't put a slot in the unibody design" (oh, really? Then how did they do just that to hold the SIM card?). This is the hard part about the One X: the battery and memory are what they are, and cannot be upgraded or replaced.

That said, the "Sunshine in the Cloud" comes in learning to wean yourself from copies of everything. When I take pictures or video on my phone, the first thing I want to do is get them right off the phone and onto a PC, so I can do whatever I want to with them. HTC have gone out of their way to make that possible for you. It's amazing: nearly everything in the interface will allow you to tether yourself to "a place for your stuff". HTC One X users are gifted with 23GB of extra storage on DropBox, for a total of 25, so that takes care of my file storage needs. Google Play allows you to upload 20,000 songs and stream them anytime, so there goes my obsession with copying MP3s onto an SD Card. I can automatically upload camera pictures to any one of a number of places: Flickr, Google+, Dropbox, Facebook, you name it--they can automatically go straight into the cloud and I can pull them down any time. You might think that would run up your data bill, but everywhere I've looked I can set up how to transfer my files: on 4G LTE, on Wi-Fi only, on either, or only when I manually push them.

Playing music is important to me, so I put the One X through its paces before I settled in: Google Play has streamed over Wi-Fi without a hiccup, and I even started a stream in 4G, attached to Wi-Fi, and turned 4G off without so much as a dropped note. I was shocked. I got in the car, tethered to my car audio, drove around with 4G running the show and all went well. I also played with Internet Radio (worked great) and an FM app (FM radio is terrible in my area for any device). The only drawback is that there is a music player native to the phone that expects files to be there, so I'm working through Google Play instead. One of the professional sites recommended MOG, but they don't tell you that it's $10 a month for the service...no thanks, the One X is quite good with any of the other options!

So then we come to the camera. Yes, you would still be stuck with only being able to record an hour or less of 1080p before needing to offload it to the web (and you can automate that, too)...but I also thought about how I use the video feature on a phone: in bits and pieces. The one time I came close to an hour--for my daughter's piano recital--I still ended up recording it in segments, for the simple reason that I can't hold perfectly still for an hour on end with a phone held upright in both hands: that's what the hand-shaped digital video cameras are for. The rear camera is 8MP in still shots, and wow, is the shutter speed fast! My wife brags about her Canon point-and-shoot, but covering my daughter's birthday I was out-shooting her time after time. The flash is decent for a phone, but just like a regular camera your image quality is best when you shoot with plenty of lighting. There is a lower-resolution front camera, but I would only imagine that would be useful for snapping thumbnail pics. Video is also fairly smooth, and the One X not only promises 30fps of 1080p HD, it lets you take still pictures while the video is running.

Next we come to the Network. The HTC One X tethers quickly and it really does appear to make the most of the bandwidth (and there are sites that can give you benchmarks). For me, I went to a Linksys WRT 610N on the N band, then on its 5N band, then a Netgear WNH-DE1000, and at work we have a brand-new Cisco system that's blazing fast. Some people are finding that the One X is cranky with older routers, but I think I've figured out the problem. For some reason, if you connect to a network and move away, the phone still thinks it's connected. It will pretend to try to connect to other networks (and fail) and sometimes it simply won't see the other networks. The problem will most likely be fixed in an update, but in the meantime there's a simple workaround: either manually disconnect from the gone network, or just turn Wi-Fi off and on again: the new available networks will show up and it will connect quickly. I've now played with an AT&T hot spot, a Starbucks, and a Panera and all three connect fast. When I'm on the 4G LTE network, I do notice a very marked improvement over my 3G Captivate: it's close to broadband performance now. Bluetooth pairing is also quick and easy--and you can use it to send things like Contact data from your old phone to your One X.

One other thing that really impresses me with the HTC One X is Android 4.0, a.k.a. "Ice Cream Sandwich". This new OS is a remarkable improvement in many small ways, such as being able to customize just about every feature (as I'd mentioned earlier with the upload settings). For the HTC One X, there's a clever little extra bit in the way it unlocks: drag the silver ring from the bottom across the screen. Are you just going to make a call? Or just going to take a picture? No need to unlock the whole phone and re-load everything: simply drag that ring across the icon you want and it'll open just that program for you. I gather you can customize the unlock methods too but I haven't felt the need to do so. The screen is really bright and clear, and while the Gorilla Glass is supposed to be unscratchable, it's also very smooth: fingerprint buildup can slow you down, but it comes off really easily with a swipe across a shirtsleeve. The camera on the back sticks up from the unit, which is weird: it's like a glass pimple that's begging to get banged on something, but thus far I haven't had it get caught on a pocket or give me grief when handling the phone. The smooth unibody design is slightly curved and feels comfortable in a medium-to-large hand like mine. Last, while the phone comes with a quick-start guide, AC charger that splits into a USB cable, and some promo materials, it's worth it to hop out to HTC.com and set up your phone: there are tons of free apps in the marketplace, you can still use the Play Store (which is Google's new Android Market), and I also use Amazon's App Store for Android. The PDF manual available from the HTC site is friendly and easy-to-read: if you're considering an HTC One X, I highly recommend you take the time to read the manual and see if you like these new functions, because there are many more I simply can't fit here. AT&T does still load your phone with CRAPplications you'll likely never use (as many of them cost a monthly fee and can be had elsewhere for free), and they also still make it impossible to Root your phone, so if you really feel the need to do that, you should consider the Unlocked version (or another carrier). However, I'm pleased to tell you that I'm not seeing any of that junk running in the background like it used to do on my equally-unrootable Samsung Captivate.

If you want a new Smartphone and you like HTC, the One X is an excellent phone. The lack of an SD slot and reduced storage size for AT&T customers are fairly huge flaws that almost made me return it, but a change in my habits has simplified my life.

NOTE: This review is for the HTC One X sold through AT&T. If you are seeing it cross-posted under another HTC One X, be aware that Amazon does this and we reviewers have no control over it.
on May 9, 2012
I've had the One X for about a week and just love it after my iphone 3S finally died. I was a bit hesitant to move the the Android eco system but the process is very smooth and Google has alot more features than Apple (like Google play, its free music cloud). The One X is beautifully designed and anybody who has seen it does a double take. Performance is fantastic including the battery which easily goes a 1.5 days w/ moderate use - I haven't come close to draining it in a day even with heavy use. Its very fast in general and the camera is the best on the market - fast, great zoom, etc. HTC's "sense" software makes for easy navigation and is a joy to use. After a week of use, I feel sorry for the folks who bought iphones recently as the hardware and overall experience is vastly inferior. Bravo HTC!
44 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 5, 2012
I purchased this from ATT after baptizing my Atrix 2 in Pepsi (it didn't survive). I had gone in for an iPhone 5 (which is gorgeous, but smaller) and didn't want to wait for a month for delivery. The HTC One X was $99 with 2-year plan (reduced because the One X+ quad-core is coming out). I couldn't be more impressed, and having owned this for three days, feel that is it significantly better than the Galaxy III or iPhone 5 (but for different reasons).

I looked at the Galaxy III. I had previously owned a Galaxy II and hated the interface, plus it was fragile. I was interested in whether the Galaxy III had improved ... but it hasn't. The main draw of the Galaxy III is the big AMOLED screen, which, frankly, is not really that nice. The main drawback is Samsung's interface (you absolutely have to root the Samsung's to eliminate their poorly designed interface and get back to native Android). Samsung also has extremely poor sync software.

In contrast, the One X keeps most of the Ice Cream Sandwich interface (a good thing). There is some ATT bloatware, but you can go into Settings->Apps and disable most of these (just like on a rooted phone). HTC doesn't have an unlock for the bootloader yet, but I presume this should be on the HTCdev site shortly (HTC is pretty good about this). Given the native quality of their Sense user interface, it may not be necessary to root at all (I know that not everyone likes Sense, but I find it much better than Samsung or other handset interfaces).

As for the iPhone 5 ... pictures don't do it justice. It is beautiful to hold and use. But! The screen is much smaller than the One X (Retina is not an obvious improvement on the One X screen) and the iOS interface is not as customizable as ICS, while being equivalent in 'user experience'. So I give the edge to HTC One X.

HTC One X's camera is better than any of the competition, because it has a larger lense (f/2.0) which gives it better low light performance. The native camera software is also much more usable (and faster) than the Galaxy III ... comparable to the iPhone 5.

Build quality appears solid, and the phone feels good in the hand. The sync software works as advertised ... no problems.

Cons: (1) lacks SD slot and removable battery. Neither is an issue for me. Battery life has been good so far. (2) not quad-core (as is the International version) or the new One X+. Again, not a problem, since the other two cores are only used for games (which is not how I use my phone). In fact, this was a + for me, since ATT dropped the price from $199 to $99 in anticipation of the quad-core One X+.
on May 22, 2012
I waited a little too long to upgrade from my old iPhone 3G (not even a 3Gs). Having experienced just how slow a smartphone can get before becoming completely obsolescent, I wanted a phone with enough RAM and processing power, to remain fast for the next two years until I'm eligible for my next upgrade. I also wanted a bigger screen and 4G/LTE for better streaming music performance.

After a LOT of research, I narrowed my choices to three phones: the HTC One X, Samsung Galaxy 3, and iPhone 5. Only one of those phones is available NOW in the U.S. (May 2012): The HTC One X. I'm glad I didn't wait. It is a beutiful phone with an incredible display and a great "feel" in the hand. It is also FAST--no matter what I throw at it, it doesn't slow down.

If my old iPhone could have held on until this fall, I'd probably wait for the iPhone 5, but I didn't want to settle for a 4S with half the RAM of high-end Android phones like the One X, a 3.5" screen, and only 3G connectivity. Likewise, I considered waiting until the U.S. version of the Galaxy 3 was released, but I just couldn't wait any longer and wasn't convinced it would be a better phone for me than the One X in any case.

I read a lot of reviews comparing the One X to the Samsung Galaxy 3. Bottom line: it is probably a draw for the most part, with most professional reviewers prefering the case design of the One X, but noting the onboard storage advantage of the G3 with its removable micro sd card.

More onboard storage would be nice, but there is no need for tons of onboard storage if you embrace "the cloud." I use Google music to access my music library, but rely mainly on streaming music (Spotify, SiriusXM) with my unlimited AT&T data plan and solid 4G LTE coverage where I live (D.C. metro area). The phone also comes with a Dropbox Pro account with 25 GB of cloud storage for two years.

If you need a phone now, and don't want to settle for an iPhone 4S with only ~half a gig of RAM, 3.5" screen, and 3G, this is the best phone available in the U.S. It will probably be a draw between the One X and G3 if you can wait until mid- late-summer. If you can wait until the fall, it might be worth seeing what the last device designed by Steve Jobs--the iPhone 5--looks like.
on June 1, 2012
"I have had many phones in my days including an iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 4,' iPhone 4s, Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket and now this phone. I gotta say that this phone is beyond incredible. If you want a nice durable, reliable phone that has impressive specs then check out this phone. This phone is made up of sturdy material and doesn't feel like plastic as most androids do. The camera takes amazing pictures, is super quick and just has a stunning display of colors. ICS with Sense 4 just works out of the box and is extremely smooth. A lot or people are dissing that it doesn't have a removable battery or a memory card slot and that 16gb is small. First the battery lasts extremely well. So far I have been getting about 10 hours of average use and it sits at just 52%. This is extremely well for a smartphone. Second 16gb is plenty for me. It's meant to be a phone not a storge drive. Plus you get 25gb of drop box storage for your pictures which it actually integrates well into the phone. Android just allows you to use your phone the way you should use it. Create and make your own ringtones on the spot, tether for free download free music and so much more. This phone blows the iPhone and any other phone away. If you are due for an upgrade I highly recommend checking this out in white.
I just have to say this to people who gave low rating to this awesome phone. Stop whining about locked boot loaders,it is not HTC but at&t who has locked this phone..and there is a reason for this..the phone works best the way it is,there is no point in unlocking boot loader and mess up the phone,which beats the every other smartphone available in Industry"
on June 21, 2012
THE HTC One X 4G is by far the best phone I have ever owned. The build quality is the best, feels great in the hand and looks awesome.

I was deciding between the Iphone 4S, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Galaxy S3 and HTC One X. All the articles, video reviews, etc I did and this one seemed like the best fit for me. I wanted good build quality, good screen, fast processing, ease of operation and camera quality. Found it all in the One X.

I have an Ipad 2 so I was used to the OS from Apple and it's great for the ipad but if I got an Iphone I would have just paid $300.00 for a smaller Ipad....

In my opinion Samsung has always made great phones, but build quality was my issue this time. The S2 skyrocket and S3 both have weak plastic builds. Sure we can put a protective case on it but that's just something else to buy.

The Galaxy S3 for AT&T has almost the same spec's has the One X. Same processer and sure it has more RAM and bigger screen, plus you can take the battery out, BIG DEAL!

It really comes down to what best fits you, for me THE One X fits me perfect and I would highly recommend it.
on June 5, 2012
I have used many android and iOS devices over the year and have to say this device took me by surprise. At first it felt a bit big but after a short time it begins to feel amazing in your hand. The combination of material and design really feel at home in my hand. and that screen... oh my it is very very nice. I find myself reading a lot more blogs and movies on my device then before.

The camera is simply stunning - i am having a great time besting my friends with iphones at bars and bright day light with this camera. People now are asking to use my phone in favor of others to capture moments together. The great display and advanced tools really make editing pictures on the device possible.

I also really like what HTC has done with Sense it has become very light and the device feels nimble. I use the device a lot for business so a solid exchange mail client is a must. The way I am able to customize tabs, have multiple folders and accounts really makes this a power user device when it comes to getting work done.

All in all the device has been a real surprise. I have a lot of faith in Android after using this device. It really has turned this around. What a great product!