Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 108 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 220 reviews
on April 6, 2016
I needed an unlocked Sprint phone for Kajeet service. I like Kajeet for my kid because he can only call or text me or my husband and a few other numbers we allow like grandma. I chose this phone because it was the cheapest Sprint phone I could find. I bought it for price. I was very happy with the shipment. I liked that they included a checklist of what they did and a CD of the manual although I didn't use it. The mini USB cable it came with didn't fit into the phone but I had another so I was able to charge the phone and the USB to plug adapter works good. What I was not so happy with was getting this phone cleared and activated with Kajeet. The phone had the prior owner's number and email. I had to figure out through the internet how to hard reset this device. Then I needed to wait to contact Kajeet's customer service to get the unlock code in order to activate the phone on Kajeet. It took a few hours, a few screams and a few other choice words but I am very happy with this phone. The phone is an android phone, the first in my family. It took a little bit to get used to since my husband and I use iPhones and I sure wasn't going to buy this kid an iphone. The texts and calls and sound are great. Battery life is ok but I haven't played with it enough to ensure it doesn't drain on me. So far it's good. It has what I need. I don't know about internet. Camera is ok. It fit my uses but it would have been best to have that phone completely cleared with a hard reset before sending it to me. Thanks for the great service and the good working item. It is still working now since I got it in February.
on June 22, 2016
Didn't work, Tried to activate phone but was told it had a bad ESN #. Took phone to Sprint store and they couldn't activate it. Bought another phone from different vendor now having difficulties returnig HTC EVO
on January 6, 2015
Thank you, thank you, thank you! This phone is great! I ran over my LG g2 and was looking for a cheap for to replace it after my attemps to fix it failed. I wasn't sure what to expect because the price on this phone was super cheap for a newer smart phone, and it was used. Well to my great surprise, this phone is in near perfect condition and it's very up to date as far as the speed, sound, apps etc. I love it! Not my LG but this phone is awesome! Can't believe it was so cheap!
on October 30, 2016
No I got the phone. Gotta have it on speaker to talk than it freezes up.Sent me another phone Sprint couldn't find it in their system. And sent me a Samsung Galaxy nexus and the battery doesn't keep charge.
on February 16, 2014
Not the best track record for a phone.
Seems like Sprint pushed a Over The Air update to the phones firmware or software that broke the standard call functionality unless the call was switched to speaker phone allowing you to hear the caller and them to hear you (I forget if this was an issue with the microphone or the regular speaker) Sprint was unable to fix the phone (still under warranty at the time).

Got a replacement from Sprint after that and made sure not to update it (same phone model).
It bricked about two months after I received the replacement.

So overall not my best experience with HTC devices I've ever had considering I've had them all since they were first making Sprint and other branded PPC series Windows Mobile phones...
on November 15, 2014
Love the EVO series, so I had to pick this up. It is basically on the level of the Samsung Galaxy S3 for comparison, and has a nice interface. HTC cameras (in my opinion) always outshine Samsung's, and You can't beat the price. The kickstand is a gimmick, but a high-quality, very effective one and i love it. I typically buy phones that are 1 year+ old, and am fine with them being a bit slower because of the money I save (I don't pay for insurance and buy used phones). To each their own. If you're looking for the best smartphone for the least amount of money and you use Sprint, pick this one up.
on April 17, 2013
I finally upgraded yesterday from a first generation EVO to the EVO LTE. I absolutely love the ease and streamlined feel of the operating system and the phone itself. I'm giving the phone 5 stars because it is great, however Sprint got a little ahead of themselves with this phone, as the LTE netwpork isn't even up and running yet in most areas, including mine...so my phone can't connect or it gets cut off from internet connection often because it doesn't run on the sweet 4G network, like the old EVO. As long as I am connected to my home wi-fi or at a cafe or establishment with wi-fi, I don't have to worry about it but it is an annoyance. Sprint expects to have their LTE network up in my area (Portland, OR) by the end of the year. When it is up, the LTE network is supposed to be a hunderd times faster than 4G and super reliable. In the meantime, calls and texts work perfectly so this issue won't bother me much except maybe when I'm using GPS and get cut off. I've yet to experience that but I anticipate that being really frustrating so I'm going to plan ahead and map my route while I have wi-fi as much as possible so I don't get stuck in a pickle.

I'm really glad I got this phone and much like my last EVO, I expect to have it for several years. Once the LTE network is up and running, this will be my dream phone!
on October 23, 2014
After a month + twenty days, I have not been able to use the rear loud speaker ringer successfully. I just can hear people when speaking on a call, but they can not hear me even when trying to speak as loud as I can... plus, I can not record video sound with this great 1080p cam-corder because as you know, it recollects the record sound around by using the same rear loud speaker ringer I can not either use my headphone jacks because the music stops playing constantly. The phone came as described... except for the hardware damages I have given mention to. It is frustrating
on November 2, 2016
The phone suck. The phone was half broke when I bought it. The phone gets stuck and it erased all my contacts. I guess I got what I paid for.
on June 17, 2014
Every thing I expected, well pleased.
This is my first android phone so I'm still working on understanding the functions and where to find them.
Was concerned with battery life, but am getting over 48 hrs per charge, so I'm good with that.

Marv