Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 3, 2012
My son has this phone and it works great! Ditto on the glowing remarks of others.

One tip. The battery life was just so-so until I figured out what was wrong. You might want to turn off LTE for now. My guess is that it is constantly searching for an LTE signal, and since it can't find one it is draining the battery.

In regard to download speed, we live in a rural area that never had WiMAX. I know the connection is still the same, but the speed seems so much faster than our first gen android phones. I wonder if battery life with LTE will improve when there really is an LTE network? If it proves to be too short, I might have to decide between speed and battery life. I can see using Tasker to only turn on (then off) LTE in certain cases.
on June 11, 2012
You can read the other reviews for the highs (fast, amazing battery life, lack of bloatware, Sense)and lows (Sprint not having LTE turned on, can't remove the battery, lack of a menu key, Sense). The only thing I want to convey is just how beautiful the screen is. Words don't do it justice. Even in direct sunlight its usable with the screen set to low light (note: "usable" not "great", for "great" in direct sunlight you need to jack up the screen brightness, which starts to negate the great battery life).

The thing about this phone is that I will find myself using it instead of my iPad because the EVO's screen is so much easier on the eyes; even though the screen is smaller, it's that good. It's good enough that I don't get eye strain when using if for two hours straight. In some ways, the screen is even better than an HD TV.

If I have a complaint about the screen, it's that the camera seems to take pictures with slightly exaggerated contrast to show off the color range of the screen (2nd note: camera is still amazing, even in low light, but it's no better than what you get with the iPhone 4S).

I am a huge fan of the original EVO, and would love to say this is the bestest phone ever. It's not, but it's screen is, and if that is what you care about most, buy this phone.
on July 11, 2012
I initially purchased this, but ended up switching to the Samsung Galaxy S3 because I was having some issues with my phone. First off I have to say that I love Amazon Wireless! Not only are the phones cheaper than buying directly from Sprint, but their return/exchange policy is top notch.

My prior phone was the original EVO 4G; which I loved. I really wanted to hold off a little longer on my purchase, but the touchscreen ended up malfunctioning so I was in desperate need of a new phone. I figured I'd give the new EVO 4G LTE a try. Because LTE is not yet live in my city, I would connect my phone to my WiFi whenever at home. As some other users have noted in online forums, my WiFi connection would drop intermittently. In addition I also had the known light bleed issue on the bottom of my screen. The light bleed issue wasn't really a big deal to me, but the WiFi problem was very annoying.

I called Amazon within my return window and they gladly exchanged my LTE for the Samsung, and I couldn't be happier. Although I prefer the build and look of the EVO 4G LTE over the Samsung Galaxy S3, I must say that I'm happy with the change. To me its seems like the texting/typing experience is more refined and smoother on the Samsung. More than likely, I probably just got a bad phone and I'm sure the WiFi issue will be fixed with a software patch. I think both phones are great, but for me so far I've been more impressed w/my Samsung - and no more WiFi problems!

Things I loved about the HTC EVO 4G LTE over the Samsung:
build quality / metal pieces
look and shape of the phone (more rectangular)
kickstand
HTC clock and weather widgets
dedicated camera button
virtual keyboard
all capacitive buttons on the front
on October 13, 2012
Recently, I renewed my Sprint contract and upgraded my phone through Amazon Wireless (great deal!) from an Evo 4G to the Evo 4G LTE. The Evo 4G LTE is an awesome phone! The only reason I only gave it 4 stars instead of 5 are because of a couple of design changes from the Evo 4G that in my opinion are not improvements. I'll list the pros and cons of the phone, but nothing in the cons is a major deal breaker. I really do love this phone, and think if HTC would revert a couple of the design changes back to the way they were on the Evo 4G, then it would be the perfect phone.

PROS: 1. Very fast, even though my area hasn't received the 4G LTE service yet. Can't wait for that!
2. Beautiful display
3. The camera is very good, with almost no shutter lag.
4. Dedicated shutter button for main camera. Makes it easy to hold phone steady with both hands and still snap pictures.
5. Amazing battery life. I'm getting a day and a half per charge with moderate usage. The battery life seemed to improve after a few charge cycles
6. Great design (Love the red trim!), and seems to be well built and feels good in the hand.
7. Loaded with extra features. Beats audio, etc.
8. No longer have to remove battery to access removable memory card.

CONS: 1. No replaceable battery. Even with the improved battery life, it's much more convenient to swap batteries than to be tethered to a charging cord, especially considering CON #2.
2. HTC moved the Micro USB plug from the bottom to the left hand side, right where your fingers are when you're holding the phone. Makes it very awkward to hold the phone while charging.
Please HTC, on the next version, move it back to the bottom out of the way!
3. No mini HDMI any longer. This isn't that big of deal for PC's or laptops, you can use the included USB data cable in place of HDMI, but after purchasing 2 mini HDMI to HDMI cables to
use on my TV's, now I have to buy 2 more cables.
4. Speakerphone not as loud as on the Evo 4G, but still pretty clear and fairly easy to hear, especially if you turn the phone around, since the speaker is on the bottom of the back
5. QuikOffice software no longer included. This isn't really a con if you download the free DropBox software they are promoting, as it includes Polaris Office. I even got the free upgrade
to 25GB of storage by following their instructions.
6. No massage app. or automatic back scratcher. (just kidding)

All in all, I'm very impressed with the Evo 4G LTE, and I hope HTC fixes the minor design flaws on the next version. In 2 years, I will be ready for my perfect phone!
on June 17, 2014
Every thing I expected, well pleased.
This is my first android phone so I'm still working on understanding the functions and where to find them.
Was concerned with battery life, but am getting over 48 hrs per charge, so I'm good with that.

Marv
on November 15, 2014
Love the EVO series, so I had to pick this up. It is basically on the level of the Samsung Galaxy S3 for comparison, and has a nice interface. HTC cameras (in my opinion) always outshine Samsung's, and You can't beat the price. The kickstand is a gimmick, but a high-quality, very effective one and i love it. I typically buy phones that are 1 year+ old, and am fine with them being a bit slower because of the money I save (I don't pay for insurance and buy used phones). To each their own. If you're looking for the best smartphone for the least amount of money and you use Sprint, pick this one up.
on June 9, 2014
I bought this as a replacement after my girlfriend lost her phone. She really loves this phone and had no problems with the first one even though it was 1.5 years old. Arrived quickly and as stated in the description.
on June 14, 2012
My previous phone was the first-gen EVO 4G which I bought upon release and owned for two years. That was an excellent phone that aged so well none of the EVO's released in its wake were enough to tempt me to upgrade.

That said, the battery life was always an issue as was the small amount of internal storage. If was going to be out all day I'd have to be judicious in my use of the phone to avoid running out of charge, and even on a normal working day I'd need to be sure I charged my phone every afternoon. You adapt but it's an inconvenience. And Sprint pre-loaded a number of apps to the phone's internal storage and wouldn't let you move them to the SD card or delete them. As a result "low storage space" messages were a fact of life.

I've had the EVO 4G LTE for two weeks now and I can say with confidence that both of those issues have been more than adequately addressed. The new 2000 mAh battery holds a charge for all day and then some. I have yet to receive a low battery warning and I'm using this phone a LOT. The 16GB of internal storage allows for plenty of apps with no problem at all. The free 25GB of Dropbox storage means I don't have to use up the internal storage with my music, photos or documents, and if I want more storage space, there's a Micro SD slot that supports up to a 32GB card.

Aside from fixing the original EVO's issues the new phone is also an upgrade in every other way. The dual core processor is quick enough that lag time, rarely an issue with the first EVO, is a complete non-issue now. You tap, the phone responds, and it's done, as quickly as that. The display is sharp, the colors rich and there's no over-saturation of any particular color, as can be the case with other phones.

I was concerned about how the phone would feel in my hand since it is larger than my old EVO, but it's quite comfortable. There is very little bezel around the screen so the phone itself didn't get much longer or wider despite gaining a lot of screen size. And it's so thin that your fingers can comfortably wrap around it without a second thought.

Android Ice Cream Sandwich is a revelation. I enjoyed Gingerbread but ICS is much better in just about any way you can think of. Beautiful, intuitive and easy to learn and use. A feature I especially enjoy is the facial recognition unlock.

Some professional reviewers have said that Sprint's lack of an LTE network right now is a demerit for this phone. But in my experience it does seem quicker than the first-gen EVO on Sprint's 3G network. Plus unless I'm traveling I can tap into Wi-Fi anyway. And when Sprint's LTE service reaches the San Francisco area I'll be able to utilize it from day one. So, for me at least, the waiting for Sprint's LTE network is a non-issue.

To sum up, the EVO 4G LTE addresses the first-generation EVO's shortcomings and then some, while also improving on that phone's strong performance in other areas. If you are on Sprint and wondering if this phone is worth renewing your contract the answer is yes. And if you're not on Sprint and wondering if this phone is worth switching to the Now Network, I say give it a try. With Sprint's 30-day return policy you've got nothing to lose and once you start using this phone you won't want to return it anyway!
on February 16, 2014
Not the best track record for a phone.
Seems like Sprint pushed a Over The Air update to the phones firmware or software that broke the standard call functionality unless the call was switched to speaker phone allowing you to hear the caller and them to hear you (I forget if this was an issue with the microphone or the regular speaker) Sprint was unable to fix the phone (still under warranty at the time).

Got a replacement from Sprint after that and made sure not to update it (same phone model).
It bricked about two months after I received the replacement.

So overall not my best experience with HTC devices I've ever had considering I've had them all since they were first making Sprint and other branded PPC series Windows Mobile phones...
on January 6, 2015
Thank you, thank you, thank you! This phone is great! I ran over my LG g2 and was looking for a cheap for to replace it after my attemps to fix it failed. I wasn't sure what to expect because the price on this phone was super cheap for a newer smart phone, and it was used. Well to my great surprise, this phone is in near perfect condition and it's very up to date as far as the speed, sound, apps etc. I love it! Not my LG but this phone is awesome! Can't believe it was so cheap!