Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on March 4, 2013
I'm a former iPhone user. I used iPhone for the past 3 years and I was happy with it. I checked the new iPhone 4s and iPhone 5 and I wasn't impressed... it look all alike the prior versions and just a "faster" phone. I have a tablet with Android 4.x for the last couple of months and I'm not impressed either, it's a nice toy but will not entirely suited for work and will never replace my or be useful enough to compete against a small netbook. Prior to the iPhone I had a Windows 6 phone, Treo 680, Treo 600 and others no-smart phone.

I ordered this phone a couple weeks ago, it is one of the cheapest phone with very decent hardware specs. The only downside is the storage capacity but since I don't store music or videos on my phone, it is more than enough for me.

So far, is the BEST phone I ever had, I'm impressed everyday about the integration of my contacts and how easy it is to do everything. From the regular contact page of the phone, it integrates with all your emails accounts information (MSN, Gmail and Outlook), your facebook profiles including pictures and activities and your LinkedIn profiles. You cannot find a better way to have everything under a single contact page.
Since this phone connect to the 4G network, it is fast and accurate. I'm just waiting for the 7.8 Windows Phone update to make it complete. I couldn't be happier with my phone. I am definitively going to recommend Windows Phone to anybody and any of future phones will be based on Windows.

It has 2 cameras, front camera is low quality but look decent when doing facetime. The rear camera is 5MP but very good quality. My Girlfriend has a 8MP camera on her cell and my pictures look better than hers....

6 stars out of 5...

NOTE: In case you need more storage, look for the Samsung Focus S, it has 16GB and 8MP camera instead of 5MP....
on October 19, 2012
This is my first smart phone and since I always rely on the reviews on this site from others, I have to say how much I love this phone. Since it was my first smart phone, I didn't want to spend a fortune and this one filled that bill. I also felt that since it was a windows operating system, it might be a good thing to try this since I'm familiar with windows. It's very easy to use and really has a lot going for it.

My priorities were: first, the easy ability to make phone calls. This one definitely does that and the bluetooth feature was extremely easy to pair with GM. Second priority for me was music. This phone comes with a built in FM radio and a stereo headset was included. Since I was warned that many of the music streaming options are data hogs using the FM radio at the gym works for me and does not eat up my data plan. Third priority was e-mail while we're on vacation and with a little help from my internet service provider, this was also extremely easy to set up and use. The calendar feature is wonderful; can't say enough good things about it. So far I've also been pleased with the battery life.

I have only had the phone for 2 weeks and have been making it a priority to learn something new about it every day. So far I have not really used the camera. That will be on next week's agenda so maybe I'll check back in and let you know how that's going. But I would definitely recommend this phone.
on April 22, 2014
I am inclined to believe that this is a good price for a 4G LTE phone with a fast processor. However, I will go through the pros and cons as thoroughly as possible:

Pros:
1) As advertised, the phone will be able to use 4G LTE. As advertised, it is an unlocked phone so you will be able to use T-Mobile as your provider with this phone.
2) Screen size, phone size, and screen clarity are all up to par. Wifi goes fast, the layout is intuitive and responsive.
3) Microsoft office is a big plus.
4) Syncs your social networks together (will link your email to start screen, facebook pictures automatically to your contacts)
5) Skype is nice
6) Front and rear facing camera of good enough quality

Cons:
1) My biggest issue is that if you plan to use T-Mobile, your MMS MAY NOT WORK THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME. I downloaded 3rd party apps and tried to manually change the APN but it was only a temporary fix and it seems T-Mobile is purposely trying to block people with unlocked phones from using MMS.
2) If you plan to use Instagram, Tumblr, Snapchat, Tinder, or many other famous apps that many Android and iOS users use, DO NOT GET THIS PHONE. This is a Windows Phone 7 (upgradeable to 7.8) and they currently do not have these apps. In my personal opinion (I may be wrong), Microsoft has forsaken Windows Phone 7 and these apps will NEVER be released for Windows Phone 7.
3) There are many games available at the Windows Store, but most of the games that come free in Android and iOS will cost money. They are usually anywhere from $0.99 to $3.99 each.

My overall impression with the phone is that it has decent hardware specs and capabilities but is underutilized by the lack of apps, effectively alienating you from other users that has iOS and Android.
If you are big on apps, Windows Phone is not the way to go.
If you are not big on apps and only want the phone for social networking and internet browsing, this phone is a good deal for the price.

I hope I helped
on August 2, 2013
First off, the phone was purchased for my mother (in her 60's). It's her first smartphone and she enjoys it. Everything works great on the T-Mobile network, except for MMS. Apparently it isn't a TRULY unlocked phone. I think the shipper should make that very clear in the details. After a week of talking with customer service on the phone, the T-Mobile store said that the MMS setting is still locked by AT&T.

The phone is great and easy to use, however it gets a 3 because the seller didn't advertise that properly (the seller gets a 1). Now, I have to talk to AT&T to see if they're willing to completely unlock it.
on December 11, 2012
This is my first windows phone, I am so excited to grab the features. Style, pricing, handy, fast responsive processors, are the pros.
on September 6, 2013
THE BATTERY IS NOT GOOD AND ALSO YOU CAN NOT HAVE ALL SOCIAL MEDIA WORKING AT THE TIME
If I want to be connect with skype, I have to be in skype and only skype is working, the same if I WANT TO BE IN facebook or any.
I had a Blackberry before and that company work all at time.
on December 11, 2013
I got the phone and couldn't hear anyone calling me or the voice mail setup. I contacted the seller and they're not there; I called Samsung and they said it's an ATT phone call them, ATT said it's an unlocked phone and we wont help you, I called my provider T-Mobil and they said they wont support ATT's phone. When you buy an unlocked phone you're on your own; nobody will warranty it, nobody will help you with it...you're on your own. SO I sent it back as defective since I couldn't hear any communication through the phone and the seller continues to email me trying to get me to take it back or have a replacement "you're on your own" unlocked phone.

Leave me alone, take your defective phone back and refund my money.
on December 31, 2012
I am happy with the purchase. For the price i believe I got a very good phone. Samsung hardware is good & Windows Phone is great, much better than the android phones that you would get at a similar price.
on January 4, 2014
After a few attempts, this 'refurbished phone's battery charged - once. We tried a battery charger for an identical phone, we tried putting the identical phone's battery into this phone, still no charge. It did seem to work fine after the first charge. We think it may be the port where the battery plugs in. We returned it & they are sending us a replacement. We told them it needs to be a WORKING replacement!
on January 30, 2013
I was ready to upgrade to a smart phone, I researched and reviewed all of my options. I decided for my needs I wanted a Windows phone. I also had great luck with my previous Samsung phone. I also wanted a pocket size. I needed to stick with my familys carrier, so The Samsung Focus 2 fit perfectly. A very stylish looking phone. Easy to set up and get going. I only need a few apps so I am not worried about 8g of memory. I am happy with the Mango 7.5 but looking forward to the 7.8 update. When I feed my horses I carry my phone, well now I can listen to the FM radio ( includes earphones). I still have a few more things to learn about the phone such as multi-tasking, taking photos, and voice commands. I have not come across anything I dislike. This is a easy, fast, and fun phone do not hesitate.