Top critical review
Do your research before buying
on April 22, 2014
I am inclined to believe that this is a good price for a 4G LTE phone with a fast processor. However, I will go through the pros and cons as thoroughly as possible:
1) As advertised, the phone will be able to use 4G LTE. As advertised, it is an unlocked phone so you will be able to use T-Mobile as your provider with this phone.
2) Screen size, phone size, and screen clarity are all up to par. Wifi goes fast, the layout is intuitive and responsive.
3) Microsoft office is a big plus.
4) Syncs your social networks together (will link your email to start screen, facebook pictures automatically to your contacts)
5) Skype is nice
6) Front and rear facing camera of good enough quality
1) My biggest issue is that if you plan to use T-Mobile, your MMS MAY NOT WORK THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME. I downloaded 3rd party apps and tried to manually change the APN but it was only a temporary fix and it seems T-Mobile is purposely trying to block people with unlocked phones from using MMS.
2) If you plan to use Instagram, Tumblr, Snapchat, Tinder, or many other famous apps that many Android and iOS users use, DO NOT GET THIS PHONE. This is a Windows Phone 7 (upgradeable to 7.8) and they currently do not have these apps. In my personal opinion (I may be wrong), Microsoft has forsaken Windows Phone 7 and these apps will NEVER be released for Windows Phone 7.
3) There are many games available at the Windows Store, but most of the games that come free in Android and iOS will cost money. They are usually anywhere from $0.99 to $3.99 each.
My overall impression with the phone is that it has decent hardware specs and capabilities but is underutilized by the lack of apps, effectively alienating you from other users that has iOS and Android.
If you are big on apps, Windows Phone is not the way to go.
If you are not big on apps and only want the phone for social networking and internet browsing, this phone is a good deal for the price.
I hope I helped