Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18SW_gno

on November 23, 2015
Love Carhartt's canvas dungarees, but wanted something without hammer loops and tool pockets. Same good quality canvas without looking like I'm coming from a jobsite. Fit more like jeans...low waisted. Only complaint is the inseam is noticeably shorter than comparable pants, making them wear just a touch uncomfortably. Looks like they are discontinued.
on November 1, 2013
First, the "issues"...I ordered these at the same time I ordered a pair of the Carhartt Weathered Duck Dungaree pants. They arrived the same day and went into the wash together. I put them both in the dryer and dried them for the same time, taking both pairs out and folding them at the same time. While folding these pants, I noticed that they had a strange stain/mark on the back on one of the legs, about where my calf would be. It looked like a thin bleach stain about 8" long, with a gray/black smudge at the top of the stain. The other pair of pants had no marks or stains on them and I checked the inside of my washer and dryer, and they were both clean. I was pretty bummed about that, but before calling Amazon's customer service, I decided to see if water would take care of the mystery stains. Fortunately, water got rid of the staining so I ran these pants through another wash cycle and there is no trace of any staining or discoloration on them. Maybe there was something in the material from the "weathering" process at Carhartt, but who knows? All is good with that now, so I'm happy. The other "issue" is that these are a "relaxed" fit, but fit a little different than other Carhartt relaxed fit pants. These tend to be a little more relaxed in the seat and upper thigh and not as relaxed in the lower legs. This isn't a big deal for me, they just fit a little bit different than other Carhartt relaxed fit pants.

Now, the good stuff...These are incredibly well made and high quality. They're made of Carhartt's 12-oz. cotton duck so they're going to last a long, long time. The fact that they're "weathered" makes them soft and nice and broken in from the beginning. They're essentially cut like jeans, so if you like your Carhartts with fewer pockets or without a hammer loop, these are for you. Overall, I'd say these are pretty good pants and a great value for the money.
on January 20, 2016
I work in a warehouse so it's all about thickness. Instead of brushing up against something and finding a tare in a pare of standard material pants you'll just feel a sharp pain but no tare. I'll take the pain but to add insult to injury with $60.00 out of pocket for a new pare is wack! These should hold up fine.
on December 8, 2014
I'm going to give too long a review here for a pair of pants because I want to help other like me who do a lot of hand wringing over the correct size when ordering clothes over the internet.

For sizing reference, I'm using Levi jeans because many of you should be able to use them as a good reference point.

I'm 5'8" and 170 lbs. (before the holiday season, that is). This is a bit little larger than I would like to be, but not in the overweight category. The best fit I can get in Levi is the 514 jeans in size 35" waist and 30" length. The Levi 514's sit just below the waist & have legs that are neither "loose fit" or "skinny jeans fit." I can wear them with tall boots or shoes with no problem. This size Levi pant gives me plenty of room to the point of being on the baggy side. I definitely need a belt to keep them up. A size 34 Levi waist is snugger and not too tight, but doesn't leave me any room for weight gain. I don't need a belt with the size 34's. I usually get jeans that sit just below the waist because I don't need a high waisted pant to act like a man-girdle & hold a over-sized gut in.

In consideration of other reviews noting that folks should consider ordering a size larger (in the waist) than they usually do, I did just that and ordered a pair of 36/30's. When the pants arrived, I threw them in the washer with hot water & then dried them at high temperature. I then measured the jeans and noted that the inseam was 29" rather than the advertised 30" and that the waist was almost exactly 36." However, I also noticed that these pants fit me tighter than the size 35" Levi's I usually wear. The fit was closer to the size 34" Levi's than the 35's. Either Levi underestimates their waist size (a marketing move?) or, regardless of the accurate waist size, the Carhart fit through the butt is much snugger as compared to the Levi's.

In summary, the fit and finish of these Carhart pants seem to anticipate a guy with a smaller butt and a larger gut as compared to the Levi 514 cut. Is that shape an over the age of 50 thing?

The color is a pleasant dark yellow ocher. Not a dark orange (like traditional duck canvas) or a dark cinnamon color, but something in between. The fabric was much softer than I anticipated and not overly stiff or hard.

Bottom line, I like the color, the pants fit me well and look good. I seem to have ordered the correct size by sizing up the waist one inch. I hope this review helps a few of you order the correct size.
on March 17, 2016
Seems like a decent quality product. While the inseam does measure 33", and not the 32" that I ordered, they look much longer. I believe it's because the crotch sits so low, it makes the pants appear to be at least 4-5" too long. I do realize that they are described as "relaxed fit", but they are maybe too relaxed for me. I'm not a skinny jean guy (nor do I wear any sort of low rise pants), but I don't like it when the legs are so baggy that they make a "swishing" sound when I walk. I'm going to give them a good hot wash and dry and see if that helps. If not, I know how to operate a sewing machine and will just hem them. Overall, they should make a fine pair of work pants.

Update:
So they did shrink some in the wash, but not much. I went ahead and ordered the next size down in the waist to see if I could get a better fit. I'm a bit puzzled. The 38x32 pair are so big in the waist, even after a hot wash and dry, that I'm constantly pulling them up at work. Of course a 20v DeWalt hanging off my belt doesn't help. Still, the legs are plenty roomy and a bit on the baggy side. The 36x32 almost fit like skinny jeans. They are extremely tight in the thighs and seat. I'm not sure what the problem is. Maybe I'm between sizes. I'm leaning towards the 38's being miss marked and possibly being 40's. I just measured them both. The 38's measure 42 inches in circumference, and the the 36's measure 40 inches. I really wish we could just do away with all this "vanity" sizing nonsense and manufacturers would just list the actual measurement. I hope these measurements help somebody get a proper fit.
on March 12, 2015
fair, but nothing to write home about, pathetic Carhartt cant even duplicate the same pair of pants in the same size twice...
on September 8, 2014
Great work pants, stronger than denim, great fit for work and softer than I expected. Just watch the leg length, I ordered 35x32 and I can cuff these pants twice. Not a big deal to me, but be aware...
on June 4, 2014
These fit as expected. They're good workpants, though not as heavy-duty as my Carhartt duck jeans with hammer loop and leg pocket. I expect them to hold up pretty well, but probably not as well as their heavier-gauge work pants.
on October 31, 2015
Been a Levi's man all my life. Lately they just don't last. I vacation in Maine frequently on windjammers. I noticed all the crew wore Carhartt, so I decided to give it try. If they continue to hold up, I will be switching permanently to Carhartt.
on July 2, 2014
I was somewhat skeptical about ordering carhartts for my husband online since there are so many different styles with each fitting somewhat differently. I took a chance and placed an order. I was so pleased when they arrived. They were a perfect fit and were exactly as advertised with a great price too. My husband likes them so much that I am ordering another pair.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.