Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,893 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,124 reviews
on November 5, 2013
Ran NYC Marathon 2013 in comfort.
No pain during or after the race.
No blister toes after running 26.2 miles.
44 comments| 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2013
Good value and expected asics fit & quality. My new running shoes. I guess I'm a bit biased because I only buy asics athletic shoes. If you have wide feet you can't go wrong... I always buy a 1/2 size up and 4E width, and everything works out great for me
11 comment| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 24, 2016
There may be more expensive running shoes, and those shoes may have some features to validate the cost difference. But for the price, my foot shape, and my running form, these are a perfect fit. A 65 year-old friend of mine who is a life long runner (still 10 miles a week) told me he has never spent more than $40-$50 on a pair of running shoes. I know there are different people with different foot shapes and running form and previous injuries, but these shoes made me a believer in my friend's commitment.

Coming from another shoe brand my first thought was these shoes were a bit tight at the forefoot. I had read reviews and found most recommended ordering a half size larger than one normally would aim for. I'm glad I took that advice. But even then, the forefoot was snug. After a few runs of 2-3 miles the shoe opened up and fit like a glove. The Gel-Venture was noticeably lighter and had a smaller footprint than my previous shoe, both of which I appreciated.

I am not a professional runner, but run 10-12 miles a week to stay in shape and afford a few good craft beers here and there. My typical run is a mix of residential roads and trails (some a bit rocky and uneven). This type of run is really where these shoes shine. They are made to be a hybrid of road and trail shoe and they work well on both surfaces. The grip seems perfect on both road and trail and the outsole is designed to not pick up too many pebbles which is helpful. The top mesh allows for heat escape and my feet rarely get hot, and usually only after the run if I delay in taking them off.

Pronation is said to be neutral but honestly I haven't considered pronation with any shoe. Maybe I should. If it fits and I don't get injured I think it is all good. There is no gel in the forefoot of this shoe, only the rear, so consider that if it applies to you. I've been trying to learn a more efficient running form and to have more of a forefoot strike. I tend to like how the forefoot is not overly cushioned and I can have better feel for the terrain and grip.

Overall, a great shoe at a great price. I've seen some arrive defective but that is a chance with any shoe. If you mix road and trail with your runs, look no further. On a side note, I would not recommend this shoe for an everyday shoe or walking shoe. For these purposes, I'd rather have extra cushion throughout and a bit more room inside (I have some Nike Downshifters for this ~$45).

SUMMARY:
- 35 year-old at 165 lbs
- 10-14 miles per week
- Both roads and trail running
- Not recommended for everyday or walking shoes

One last point: Upon writing this review, I have over 400 MILES on these shoes! I'm looking to get a new pair and will probably go with the newer Gel-Venture 5, but I am tempted to get another pair of these!
review image review image review image review image
on March 1, 2014
Fits well and comfortably, a little tighter in the sides than expected but still good. A nice spring to them which helps in longer runs
on March 30, 2015
These are my 1st pair of ASICS running shoes, and I AM NOT DISAPPOINTED in the comfort and very good fit for this shoe. I have been wearing N/B shoes for over a decade and a half. Some of N/B fit have now been produced with irregular sizes (either smaller or slightly larger) for 10 - 10.5. Wanted to try a different brand to judge the comfort and fit. The reviews of this shoe was tremendous over 1,000 reviews most I have ever seen/read in shoe reviews with very accurate ratings. This ASIC's is very comfortable from the get go with correct size and light weight with good pricing! There is a excellent amount of arch support in the shoe more than the N/B I have now. Other shoes I have also tried which I consider far less superior than this ASIC ie; Nike, Puma, Addidas (over rated/pricing). I will now be a ASICS wearer/buyer.
on June 28, 2015
I researched the shoes pretty thoroughly, as I had just returned a pair of Reebok's that just were not cushioned enough for my feet to be comfortable. When the Gel-Venture 4's showed up, I honestly thought I had received an empty box - that is how light the box felt. I opened the packaged...and yes, there were a pair of shoes inside, and I immediately began thinking there was no way the shoes could be that light and provide adequate cushioning for my feet. I weigh 250, and this is a real concern for me.

Well, I was wrong. The shoes are extremely comfortable for me, and yes, very light. The fit is perfect, the lacing snug and secure, and the color combination looks very nice. I had also purchased a pair (few days earlier) of Puma Bioweb Elite's, and I would tell you that I believe the Bioweb's have more heel cushioning, that they fit very well but somehow not quite as good as these Gel-Venture 4's, and that they are both equally comfortable to me.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2014
You know in all my 44 years this is the only consistent tennis shoe that fits as intended and does not cause my feet to ache. I have developed Plantar fasciitis and when I switched from Nike; Reebok; NB; and whatever I could find at a decent price this shoe took away the pain totally. I have been using a special studded ball I bought at REI for that ailment to alleviate the pain which works but the shoes have taken that away so I don't have to use the ball anymore.

I will never wear another brand as long as these provide my feet with the comfort and takes away the Plantar fasciitis!

So if you want a great day to day wearing tennis shoe or need a specialized running; trail; or what have you shoe then get a pair of ASICS!
on April 9, 2017
Be careful when you order from your purchase history. I kept reordering these shoes once they wear-out every several hundred miles. I went to reorder the exact size and style by clicking the link from my order history. It brought me to the page and I clicked order now. When they arrived, they were size 7, when I intended to order a size 11. I rechecked the link and I failed to see that it brought me to the size 7 page and that there was no option to change the size. A simple mistake on my part, so I simply returned the shoes and ordered similar shoes in my size.
on April 25, 2016
I wear the men's 9D, I am 5'9" and plus size woman. I used these to drop 45 pounds and they dramatically reduced the strain on my knees and hips. I have worn them as my go-to shoes for over one year. Let me tell you, they took a serious flogging and still look brand new. I live on a farm, there is dirt here. I wear them in wet grass, on the cinder trail, biking and walking and on the sports field to photograph events. I gushed mud up the toe and although my foot got wet (annoyed me), they dried out very fast and the mud fell off with no effort, looks clean. My feet sweat, I wear double thick cotton socks when out for long, add day events. I have worn these for shopping with no socks. Out to the garden to pick tomatoes, picking up the mail, whatnot. They don't smell! I asked my know-it-all nice, she says they are new, of course they don't smell yet. Yeah...they are a year-old super useful, clean, comfy, supportive, full scope, durable, and decent looking shoe.

Over the years, I bought many cross trainers, walking, and running shoes - for my foot, these are the best. I am ordering a new all black pair in the Gel 5's, only because I want a new color. If you are on the fence, jump off into these shoes and forget fatigue and pain and blisters. A great selection in sizes and narrow, regular, or wide or extra wide - you will not regret this purchase!

---this review is not based on any discount, free item, or other compensation. My whole body appreciates a good shoe!---
on June 13, 2014
I had worn Reebok's for many years as they were the best fitting and most comfortable shoes for me. Still love them, however, when I started walking several miles a day I found that my feet hurt too badly to do more than 2-3 miles a pop. So after a lot of research in to walking/running shoes, I settled for these ASIC's designed for underpronators. I have to say, these are by FAR the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. I'm finding that when I go on long walks or jogs that my legs wear out long before my feet do, and that's entirely due to how this show is designed and fits. I bought these a couple of months ago and loved them so much that I bought a second pair for work since I'm on my feet a lot. What a huge difference!

If you are an underpronator and need a comfortable shoe for walks or work requiring you to be on you fee a lot, I recommend giving these a try. Especially for the price. For a $50-$60 shoe you can't get a better deal. Even the "middle-of-the-road" Reebok's I typically purchased ranged from $60-$80 from a local outlet, and they just don't match up to these.

I'm now the proud owner for 4 pairs of ASICS shoes, and two of them are the GEL-Venture 4's.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.