Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rockport Men's Washington Square Gore Slip-On
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ingrid Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on January 2, 2014
Just received the new Rockport Washington Sq Gore. While I returned the Wispen Shoe I have to say Rockport has been reducing the quality of their shoes. I always wore the Moc Slip on and it was well made, soft leather and felt like a quality shoe should. This shoe is light weight, much harder leather, the inside fit is not comfortable but 3XW is good. The padding on the top of the ankle peice has been replaced with a strip of hard leather that irritates the back of the ankle after long wear. The soul appears to be more plastic and is very slippery to walk on smooth surfaces. Not sure why Rockport is going cheap men that wear Rockport have never been about price it's been the product, they seem to be making to many similar styles and lost the basics. If Rockport continues in this direction this customer will be looking for a new manufacturer after 26 years of buying Rockport. I would say buy with caution.
on March 15, 2014
not as good as they used to be. One shoe was perfect; the other one very tight. and not as soft leather as they used to be. rockport quality has gone down. proceed with caution. returned within a day.
on October 27, 2013
So far great. I'm a pilot so it's important that they don't set off the metal detector, passed. They take a bit to break in but I find them more solid than past Rockports. The appearance is great, I love slip ons for work, and the sole is a HUGE improvement over the past Rockports I've had. It's like a Doc Maarten sole, but the shoe appears as the classic slip on. They will be great once winter comes and the walk arounds get wet and slushy. It seems it will also last a lot longer than other Rockports I've had. But so far they blend the best of workmanship, comfort, and now durability.
on December 9, 2013
These shoes are comfy and look good. However, while initially it seemed to fit fine, but only after wearing them for a couple of hours did it become clear that they were rubbing my toes... I guess that could happen even if you bought them in a store, and admittedly they did get a bit "broken in" after a few days, but if I were to buy from them in future I'd definitely be looking for something wider.
on February 6, 2014
Rockports have done well for me over the years. These fit like I had already broken them in just out of the box, were instantly comfortable. I have two pair of Rockports, another style, that I have had since 2008 which are just beginning to look worn, but still are great. I hope these do as well.
on September 10, 2013
I ordered this shoe on a lightning deal. To me, it's the perfect combination for the office: it's formal enough to wear for meetings but also comfortable all day and commuting on public transport. The leather is soft and I like that these have rubber soles for better grip on rainy days. I wear these to work every day now.
on February 21, 2014
I compare these shoes to apple computers. They just work. They're well constructed, not too heavy, my feet don't get hot in them. I tried a pair of much more expensive Ecco shoes of similar kind and they were too hot for my feet--too close fitting and didn't allow my foot to breathe. Just buy a pair of these and you'll see. After buying my first pair (which I am currently wearing), I bought two more pairs a few months later. I use my original pair for around the house, and the other pairs for my job teaching. Oh yea, and they look equally classy with jeans or dress pants. A very versatile, practical shoe indeed!
on April 10, 2014
I wanted a new pair of brown shoes to replace the ones I was wearing. I found these on Amazon and liked them. Many shoes these days are as ugly as the latest Toyota Camry and I am picky on shoe styles as I prefer more practical looking shoes.

Overall, this is not as casual of a shoe as one might expect. It looks casual, but is built more like a dressy shoe. The leather is not the softest leather on the market, nor is it the thickest leather. The leather initially seems to have a waterproof coating, which is short-lived. The weave between the leather and the sole is not waterproof and is evident if walking in the rain. The edge of sole of the shoe is shiny and not a nice satin finish-too blingy. Its quality was not what was expected from Rockport.

I recently learned that this is not a shoe for every day use. Wearing it too much will cause the knees to hurt as it lacks the necessary cushioning for running back and forth at work. It looks like I'll have to look for another shoe soon.
on June 1, 2015
They come up high over the top of your foot. Makes them feel snug and tight. Not like most slip ons I'm used to from Rockport. I personally don't like the feel or look of these shoes. Just my personal preference for a looser fit with slip ons.
on November 30, 2014
Have gotten numerous compliments on the looks of these shoes. The only thing I don't like is that they are not as comfortable as my last couple of pairs of Rockports. They are still more comfortable than most shoes.