Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 130 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 135 reviews
on March 29, 2014
These hiking boots are high quality considering the price. Just make sure you order the wide version because they are somewhat narrow.
on April 26, 2014
Boots were nice looking and comfortable. I saw the cheap plastic lace holders. and said that could be trouble ! it was! plastic lace eyes are fastened with a cheap aluminum rivet. on the fourth day, after very light use! the boot loosened on my foot. saw the eye hanging off the lace. enough for me. in any lace up boot, the lace eyes are the most important.
on April 26, 2015
THE SHOES BROKE THE FIRST TIME I PUT THEM ON THE THING THAT THE SHOES LACES PASS THE LITTLE BACK THING BROKE,
review image review image review image review image
on September 13, 2015
While these boots are comfortable, the sole, particularly in the heel, split and broke down completely within less than 30 days of total wear. This pair of boots was used as part of a two pair rotation (worn once every two days), alternated with a pair of Belleville brand combat boots. The sole of the Northside Caldera boots quickly split and became unwearable in wet weather. For light wear and use, this boot is probably okay for the price, but based on my experience, don't expect it to hold up to even moderately hard wear for any period of time.
on March 14, 2016
I have had the boots for a short period of time, less than three weeks; when I noticed that my feet hurt. After inspecting the interior I saw that the insole is paper thin. What I thought was my sock bunching up is actually the the rubber interior of the sole, a grid like pattern pushing against my feet through the worthless insole liner. I am not a hiker or a power walker. I do not workout in these shoes. I am an engineer that mainly sits at a desk and occasionally goes out into the field to test equipment. I have not used or abused these boots. Without an additional shoe insert I could not continue to wear these boots. I have included a picture of the inside. You will also notice that the heel portion is also rubbed through. I would expect this kind of wear if I had owned the boots for an extended period of time but not after three weeks.
review image
on November 28, 2015
Returned these immediately. I tried them on went to tighten the laces and lace rivet popped off. When I examined the shoe I noticed many of the rivets were really loose at the attachment point. Wasn't crazy about the way the toe guards were attached either. The did fit fine, not really great arch support I have flat feet so that matters to me a lot. Width was good for average fit. Overall I was really underwhelmed with the construction and opted to return instead of getting an exchange. I usually buy Hi-Tecs for my chore boots and opted to go with another pair of those instead of the Northside.
on February 15, 2015
I bought these boots for an impromptu hiking trip and I have to say I'm really happy with their support and comfort. For the price I think they are quite a value. I cannot speak to the long term durability of these boots because I've only worn them maybe 8 or 9 times.

EDIT: I bought these boots in November of 2014 to go hiking. The first time I wore them, I thought they were pretty good- comfy, durable, and provided good traction. I wore them sparsely after that hiking trip- maybe 3 or 4 times on hikes no more than 6-8 miles. These boots deteriorated very quickly on one of my most recent trips. The stitching was fine, but the actual soles of the shoes began to break apart and it began to feel very painful to walk on the heels of my feet. I had to basically ditch them halfway through a hike, as it felt better to walk barefoot than to wear them. If you think you may hike with any regularity, good hiking boots are one of those things that are absolutely worth the investment. I would not recommend these at all for any prolonged hiking activity.
on July 3, 2015
Bought these for my kid who literally goes through a new pair of shoes monthly no matter what I pay for them and I didn't expect these to be any different. The kid walks alot and is hard of shoes- but these shoes held up to him and last a long time. They didn't fall apart, they were comfortable and he liked them and he only likes one pair of shoes. I would buy them again.
on June 12, 2017
Gave them to my son, very uncomfortable shoe, if your going hiking go bare footed, your feet will feel better afterward.
on January 14, 2016
ordered half size larger than normal (10.5 vs 10) and fir perfectly. appear well made with solid seams (time will tell ...).
good traction on uneven and angled surfaces.
style is exactly what I was searching for to replace a similar pair that were 8 years old when discarded (many, many camping / hiking trips).
if like my old ones, they will be hot in dead heat of summer, but I know of no hiking boots that are not.
(that's why god made lakes, rivers, & streams to wade in.)
Even came pre-laced up which was convenient.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.