Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 239 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 353 reviews
on April 29, 2016
Got this for my husband when he dropped and broke his old galaxy phone. he had taken the case off and poof he drops it! Just like I said he would if he took the case off, the screen broke. The one time that I am not happy to be right. So this was a great replacement and was cost effective by not having to go to the cell phone store for the same phone at an outrageous price. His phone is still working great and no glitches and we are pleased with the purchase.
on January 30, 2014
I've owned this phone almost a year now and just now getting to reviewing it.

It has to be one of my favorite phones yet and I've owned quite a few phones. The S3 is a great phone to own for beginners. It's a very easy to navigate phone. Straight out of the box it's easily accessible.

You need a google account to set up your phone when you first turn it on. Google account will hold all in the information about all the apps you download, your number, and much more.

If you set up Facebook to your phone it will give you the option to sync your friends list with your contact list. So all your friends information is straight at your fingertips.

I like the phone's swype feature while texting when I can't use both hands for whatever reason or I don't want to turn down the volume but want to quietly text.

The phone's ringer is loud. My only complaint is when I turn my phone on silent or vibrate it does NOT silent the alarms set. I've been at a funeral thinking my phone was on silent when my 3pm alarm went off and was louder than ever. How embarrassing.

The call quality is very nice. I have very few times where I've dropped a call but that very well could be because of the area I was in and not the actual phone itself. You can hear your callers clearly and loudly. There is an option to have 'noise reduction' turned on/off and there is also an option for extra volume turned on/off while on a call.

Another complaint I have is when I am on the phone and need to do something like text message I will hit the 'home' key located in the middle of phone on the bottom. It will put the 'call screen' down and I can go to my home screen and do what I need to do. Unfortunately when I go to slide down the notification window so I can get back to my call my phone locks up and turns off. Every time my finger gets to the top bar it turns off, when i lift my finger away from the phone it turns back on. It's VERY frustrating because normally I cannot go back and do anything with the call until they hang up and end the call. Sometimes I can get around this by continuously doing it and eventually getting the notification window to slide down but most of the time I cannot.

The 8MP camera is fairly good quality. I have some instances where my pictures turn out blurry or grainy but that's more than likely due to the light source and or shaky hands and not necessarily the phones fault. There are a lot of different options you can do with the phone automatically out of the box. Changing the photo from a negative, sepia, black and white, cartoonified, washed out, show just yellow, just red, just blue, and just green, solarize, posterize, and warm and soft vintage. If you want to crop or edit your photos you will need to download a different app though because nothing comes with the phone to do this.

The battery life is decent. I can usually spend a total of 8 hours total with non-stop internet use (Facebook, Twitter, browser, etc) and get down to about a 30% battery. It usually takes all day for my battery to go down. I don't know how battery life is with non-stop streaming videos on say Youtube or Netflix because I don't use those often but when my children have it took a bit to run the battery down. It takes roughly 2-3 full hours to charge the battery from 5% to full charge. I have absolutely no complaints about the battery life of this phone. It has been excellent for me.

Overall, this is a great phone. The complaints I have are minor and more than likely users fault not the phones.
on October 21, 2013
Until the Galaxy S4, and now the new Google Nexus 7 by Asus, the Galaxy S3 was the best smartphone on the market. It's still pretty awesome. If you're trying to decide between this and an iPhone, don't think twice about it, get this phone. I've had mine for about a year, and it has really never given me any problems. You can expand its memory capacity-- mine came with the standard 16GB and then I added 8GB more, my brother's also came with 16GB but he added an extra 16GB.
Unlike the iPhone, the Galaxy S3 can be used anywhere. The cable to charge it is a standard micro USB cable and if you want to access music, pictures or videos, you can do so by connecting it to ANY computer you want, no need to "pair it/sync it" with your iTunes account.
The camera is great for both video as well as regular photographs.
After one year of use, it is still very fast.
I strongly recommend this phone.
on January 22, 2015
I went with the Amazon Warehouse option for a used S3 because the condition was "Good" while all others were "Acceptable". Also because of the ease in returning things. I give 5 stars because the product I eventually got was near perfect and I got free 2 day shipping. Here's the story:

1) I bought one, same listing, and it came with the SIM carder reader broken (would not read my SIM). Returning it and ordering a new one was easy, but annoying I had to wait a few more days.
2) Both orders I got free two day shipping. Not sure if this was because it was around Xmas or what, but either way, the 2 day shipping helped me give the 5 stars overall even though the first product was unusable.
3) Got the second one, one tiny little superficial scratch on the bottom of the phone, can't even see it. I threw it back into it's old Otter Box case so it might as well be new.
4) Been over a month now, phone working perfectly and looks fantastic.

My advice is do not go through Amazon Warehouse and expect perfection the first time. Or any time; consider everything used and/or referb. If that's OK for you, then I highly recommend it I needed this phone because my wife's original S3 got broken and I didn't want to pay 600+ for a brand new updated model. So a used phone was going to be fine. But it just so happened that the physical condition of both phones were near perfect. Would buy from Amazon Warehouse again for used stuff.
on January 17, 2016
Bought for my son as a gift; he opines, as do the clerks in the Verizon store, that the older model Galaxy smart phones are superior to the newer ones. I don't know why; I can't operate a smart phone. (I'm the dinosaur in the room with a 2003 model Razr flip phone.) Still, this is the smart phone of choice for 3 of my adult kids, so I guess that says something.
on June 17, 2016
Who can't say they love their GS3? One of the first phones with an unlockable bootloader and still a lot of support from the community for development. I highly reccommend this phone for those who do not need anything over-the-top or expensive. This phone is great for first time smartphone owners as well as kids. It's not very fast but it has a decent camera @ aorund 8mpx which is pretty great for a phone of around 5 years old. With a number of variants and legacy support you really can't go wrong with this device. If you're looking for something to just work I reccommend this phone.
on July 5, 2016
Very happy with this phone. It's not the latest and greatest but is light years ahead of my (really) old phone. I resisted updating to a touch screen for years but my wife finally talked me into one and I'm glad now that she did. All that was necessary after receiving the phone was a quick trip to my local Verizon store to have a SIM card installed and the phone activated and my contact info transferred, all for $10.
on July 23, 2016
This phone has so many hiccups.... back button has to be PRESSED harder than my previous S3 or I have to press it for a longer period of time. older version so Google CHROME is not available, unable to GPS for G Map.... too many little issues to list... When I was frustrated enough to return it, it was 33 days after purchase - unable to return. This is the first phone out of 7 or so phones bought off Amazon that Ive had problems with...., it will most likely be my last. Ive never had so many issues with a used or refurbished phone from Amazon.
on September 19, 2015
My son ran over my phone with the car and I was freaking out, because my phone is my life support. We ordered this phone for a good price and it was delivered quickly. I wasn't without a phone for long. No scratches or flaws to complain about. I'm not sure if it's the phone or Verizon but I can't get notifications for the voicemail. So I've had to download a voicemail app. The other problem is the GPS sucks for this model. However, this is a much older model phone so just keep that on mind. I had the mini and sg4 and there's a huge difference. Overall, I'm very happy with my phone and the supplier. You were truly my life saver. I was job searching at the time and there was no way I could have been without it. Thank you for being so prompt and efficient!
on October 9, 2015
My first smartphone. Does everything I want it to do and some stuff that I didn't know I wanted it to do until I got it. The pics are so much clearer on this phone than on my previous one (Standard cellphone-Pantech Pursuit). Screen is clear, and even used it runs on the web faster than my tablet..craziness. There's a great SD slot in the phone which is perfect for carrying around your music or some videos which keeps my data usage down. (video quality is VERY nice)