Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 162 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 172 reviews
on October 11, 2012
These are nice and warm on 40 degree F ride, probably even cooler just haven't tried them yet colder. After a 30 minute ride my skin is warm to the touch where these are in place and my insulated PI Pro over the knee bibs leave my skin cool / cold to the touch and the skin temp changes right where the leg warmers stop and the bibs only start. Net overall assessment better warming from the Elite leg warmer than PI Pro insulated bibs.

I chose the large size, 6'1" 200 lbs, 34 inch inseam pants and they come far enough down that my short socks pull up to just cover the tops of the warmer without a gap while riding. If you are a person with massive thighs / calves I would probably upsize, they are snug but not tight for me with average build legs for a cyclist.

I pointed out in the title these don't have top notch wind blocking capability assessed by the ability to blow through them with my mouth feeling very little resistance to free flow unlike you would find on something designed for to notch wind blocking but I didn't feel a breeze while riding down hills at 30mph+.

Some reviews I read complain about the tops sliding down while riding. My guess is these folks are probably not wearing them correctly. These are designed to be under, not over the shorts / bibs. You can tell this by looking at the placement for the gripper material which is on the outside of the top of the leg, not the inside. With the shorts / bibs over the warmer they stayed in place fine, no issues. The zippers at the ankles provide easy in and out and work smoothly keeping them snug around the lower calf and ankle.

Overall I would recommend these. Probably good for rides down into the mid to upper 30's, but you might want something with more wind stopping power if you want to ride in the low 30's or colder on a road bike at typical speeds. This is just a guess on the lower temp limit of course as I haven't tried them yet in cooler weather but will update when I have had the chance.
on February 18, 2013
Check out the sizing on Pearl Izumi's website before purchasing. I am 5'10" and about 165 lbs and I was hesitant to purchase a size small (as I typically purchase medium/large sizes) but based on the previous reviews and the below sizing chart it appears this product runs large so I purchased the small size and it was the perfect size. Product works great. I used it in 30 degree weather and it kept my legs warm. On a 20 mile ride I only had to pull them up once. As indicated in previous reviews, these warmers are suppose to be used under your normal biking shorts. Great product and I would buy again.

Pearl Izumi website
[...]
[...]
on October 31, 2013
These are by far my favorite cycling accessory! They make such a difference in cooler or even wet weather. My legs thank PI every time I ride in cool or wet weather. The best thing is, on those long rides that start off cool and get warm, you can take them off and stuff them in your jersey pockets. Get a pair!
on March 6, 2017
Just like the other reviews said, these constantly slide down. The tops are not tight enough and there is no rubber material on the inside to help hold them in place using friction. I love all my other PI products, but this one was useless. Returned and got the tights which I love.
on November 26, 2014
I rate things based on whether they do what they are supposed to do well, these do exactly what they are intended to do.

Leggings as far as I'm concerned are for days that start out cold and end up warm, day warms up the leggings come off, out for a ride and it gets cold, leggings go on. Pretty simple really, they should stay up, keep your legs warm and not bind or chafe, these do all of that well.

I'm 5'11" and 180lbs, 32" waste and 34" inseam, the mediums fit well. Once I realized they would not stretch enough to go groin to ankle I was extremely happy with the fit and their ability to stay positioned where they did the most good. They ended right at the top of my socks so my whole leg was warm. I did 14.4 miles of trails today and they stayed put the whole ride, it was 34º F when I started and 51º when I got back to my Jeep, I started out feeling only a slight chill, once I got going my legs were happy, warm muscles are happy muscles, as the day got warmer my legs didn't overheat, I probably would pull them off if it got much warmer than 55º.

The zippers open almost far enough to get them off over my size 12 riding shoes, sadly not quite enough, they may go over smaller shoes OK but not mine.
on June 20, 2014
I used these in >40 degree F weather, and they are sufficiently warm. I don't get any knee pain from the cold and my legs aren't being turned into grilled drumsticks. They fit kind of okay. I got the small size and that proved to be just a little too short for my 5' 11". But, I think I got the perfect size..

The problem is that I have to pull them all the way up my thighs to make sure they stay up. This leaves the bottom of the warmers resting pretty high on my ankle. For some really strange, or rather stupid, reason, the grippy bits (scientific terminology here) are on the outside of the leg warmers. That makes sense, but you kind of need to have them inside as well to make sure they don't slide down. That's a major design flaw. Either that or I'm a numpty and don't know how to wear these blasted things.

Either way, they're a good buy. I'm sure I can find grippy bits to sew or stick into the inside of the leg warmers.
on October 18, 2013
They feel great and look great. But you will need to wear these under your bike tight shorts. If you try wearing them with loose fitting mtb shorts on a cold day you will keep pulling them up.
on January 25, 2015
I bought two pairs of Leg Warmers through Amazon. The first pair were Baleaf Thermal Leg Warmers and though these were well made, but they refused to stay up. These Pearl Izumi also refused to stay up. These did not appear to be as well made as the Baleaf, but it's a moot point, because they were both useless to me. I don't think it's me having too skinny thighs, because I bought a pair of leg warmers from Bike Nashbar a few years back, and they stay up just fine. The problem with those is that over time, the zippers broke, and to wear them I had to stuff them in my socks. I was looking to replace them with new leg warmers with functioning zippers. But - No Luck here. I returned both for full credit.
on May 7, 2015
I love these leg warmers!!
I'm relatively new to road cycling, and I didn't realize how chilly a morning ride could be. These warmers work perfectly for keeping my legs warm in the morning. Once it warms up they are easy to roll up small and throw in a pocket.
It's easy to distinguish between right and left, and they are form fitted for each leg.
They are more than just lycra, it is a fleece material on the inside. Especially good for keeping warm, and blocking the wind.
There is a band on the outside on the upper end to keep them up. Just remember that the leg warmers go on under your shorts!
I honestly can't recommend these enough!
on January 10, 2015
I'm 5'6" and approx 138 lbs and purchased a small and it is still too big. Slips down from my thighs. Otherwise it is perfect for riding in weather from 40 to 60 degreesa and great quality. Will order the XS and hopefully that fits better. 4 stars for sizing issue.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.