Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

• Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 148 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 162 reviews
VINE VOICEon January 27, 2014
First, I wanted to share what these socks are made of, since it's missing from the description: 70% Merino wool, 18% nylon, 10% polyester, and 2% spandex. Care instructions: Turn inside out. Machine wash warm. Tumble dry low.
As to the size, the size medium states it fits men's shoe size 6-9 and ladies' shoe size 4-9. I normally wear a women's size 9W, and these socks are just a little loose on me. I haven't washed them yet, so maybe they shrink a little and they'll be perfect.
Performance wise, these socks keep my feet nice and warm. I get cold feet quickly and have been freezing my toes off this winter, until I got these socks. The inside of the socks looks like a towel (little fabric loops) and cushions real well. The little fabric loops also trap body heat and keep you warm. The only thing bad I noticed so far, when I take my shoes off, I feel like the socks are damp, but I don't know if that's because my shoes don't breathe too well, or if the socks don't wick moisture as well as they should.
The socks are not the most attractive, but they actually don't look too bad, and who's going to see them anyway when you're wearing boots!
on June 3, 2016
These are really great quality for the price. I bought several packs of these and they served me well in subzero winter camping. I wear them all season too, not just winter. Normally merino wool and I don't play well together (it makes me sweat like crazy and robs me of body heat, which is the opposite effect it seems to have on others) but I can wear these with no problem. Not too hot, not too cold, not sweaty at all. They do eventually wear out after about a year so they're not great for the long haul but I'll still take them over an overpriced pair of 100% merino wool socks that make me miserable.
Good socks, or I guess I should say good enough. If you're looking for something that's going to hold up over, say, a through hike of the Appalachian Trail, look elsewhere. But for one- or two-overnight backpack trips, or for day hikes...these will work just fine. There is some extra padding at the sole, being these are trail socks, but not a whole bunch.

I also think you'd benefit from sock liners (that is my general opinion with any hiking sock, but moreso with these in particular) here. The sock does fit as expected but it has the typical wool sock issue of a somewhat rough interior and the weight isn't heavy enough to prevent all rubbing. An extra layer of protection is welcomed.

That all said, these socks give you acceptable performance at an acceptable price point. Good serviceable socks.
on January 24, 2015
I have bought Merino wool socks by two other manufacturers. These by far are the best and at this price are a steal for 4 pairs. Coupled with an inexpensive pair of Wolverine waterproof mid hiking boots I wear these during the winter in temperatures ranging from below zero to around 32° and only after hours do my feet become cold. Remember your feet will not stay warm from good socks alone, you need boots that will prevent external wind and moisture from getting in. I don't even wear a liner with these they are so comfortable and soft. But do not be fooled they will get wet and slightly soggy from perspiration unless wearing well ventilated boots/shoes. However, I find a quick removal and turning them inside out for 20 minutes near a minor source of heat will dry them quickly.

EDIT 2/20/2015
I have other merino wool socks and these are the only ones that have gotten holes. Two pairs are junk now. I will NOT buy these again.
on January 9, 2015
I saw these at costco and decided to give them a try. I usually pay $15-$17 a pair for hiking socks. These were about one third the price. I was surprised that these socks fit me so well, I have small feet (size 8) and the heel of the sock actually covered my heels! I was a bit concerned when I took these out for my first hike with them and took along my expensive hiking socks just in case. These socks performed extremely well. They fit well, felt good and kept my feet warm despite the mid 60s cold spell we are experiencing in CA. I always seem to have cold feet so I am headed back to costco to pick up a couple more packs. These are a great light hiking sock that you can use every day and are a great value. ill see about washing and durability as time goes by but right now I am pleasantly surprised. Highly recommend.
on February 25, 2014
I recently was diagnosed with 1st degree frostbite and lyphedema on my right foot due to extremely cold weather we've been having. Walking for relatively long periods of time, improperly dressed feet caused it. My medical advisor suggested I get wool socks to prevent this from happening. I found them to be overpriced for the amount of pairs advertised. I stumbled upon this product with many doubt's about the brands name. I took a shot and was absolutely satisfied!
Four pairs of socks, two black lined and two brown lined. Very comfortable, and not too tight, durable and well made, keep your feet warm with out having to double up in pairs.
A definite reccomendation if your looking for warm durable socks at a reasonable price
on February 23, 2015
a couple socks have started to wear holes in the heel after only a few months. about ten pairs of socks in a work week rotation, so some may be getting picked randomly more than others, but still... quality isn't great with these.
on February 11, 2015
Love these socks! (I'm a WOMAN!) I wear them around the house instead of house shoes. I also wear them in my winter boots for extra warmth and cushioning. I wear a size 8-8.5 women's shoe and the medium fits my foot great for a "hug" fit. If I want the sock to feel more roomy and not expand to fit my foot - I wear a large (I have both).

They also wick away moisture...be prepared to fall in love with these socks!

I was getting them at Costco but they haven't been carrying them in our local store lately so I was thrilled to discover them on Amazon.
on October 19, 2015
These are a nice wool blend sock. Good moisture-wicking performance, reasonably warm, and affordable. I typically wear chukka-style boots to work, and I switched to these socks after having too many days of swampy feet in standard socks. No more smelly feet, and the sweat dries off in minutes after I remove my shoes. I've also used them for light hiking and they handle that use really well. They seem like they'd wear out faster than premium-brand socks, but for the price I can't complain.
on March 16, 2015
Had an old pair of winter socks that I really liked. Couldn't remember the brand and I've been looking for nice soft thick socks to replace them. These turned out nicer since the lining inside is softer. Price is good too.