Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Five Ten Men's Freerider Bike Shoe
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 25, 2013
Turning 60 has caused me to reevaluate several things including my mountain bilking. Falling seems to hurt more these days. So decided it was time to move from clips to broad flat pedals. A biking gear-head friend recommended these shoes and sent me the refrences and reviews. They are as good as most reviews seem to suggest. Still new with not many miles but was pleased and surprised by how well they "stick" to the pedals. Stiff enough in the soles to be efficient but still comfortable to walk in. Like them a lot at this point.
33 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 26, 2013
This is an excellent shoe for mountain bike riding. So far I really like these shoes the only problem is you cannot wear them inside on the linoleum or wood floors. If you do will see black marks everywhere from the soul. Much easier to take them off when you come in than to remove the black skids off the floor. Other than that this is a top notch shoe.
on November 5, 2013
I'm a standard women's 7 and the 5.5 fits great considering the lack of options for women's size flat peddle mountain biking shoes.
on January 22, 2014
Overall it's a great shoe, it's my second pair. Stealth rubber is always good. If I had to find a few flaws I would say the sole is definitely on the soft side for biking, I have some aggressive pedals for snow biking and you can feel the pedals more than I would like. Most of my road and mtn shoes are super stiff carbon Sidi's so almost everything is going to be soft in comparison. I think the shoe laces are a tiny bit short, I would prefer them to be a little bit longer. The insoles are pretty bad, flat with almost no support. That being said that is the case with pretty much all shoes so I have Super Feet is pretty much all my shoes. I would say the toe box is a little wide, this is nice for comfort, even with my narrower feet, the heel pocket is solid and holds well. They work well as daily shoes and not just for riding.
on December 18, 2013
This is my second pair of Five Ten Freeriders (I even bought the same color) but these shoes don't look anywhere near as robust as the ones I've ridden into the ground for the last three years. It's disappointing because my old Freeriders are the best shoes I've ever owned. The new ones appear 'cheap' by comparison.
on July 2, 2014
The stealth rubber on these things is no joke. I wrote it off as marketing hype and ended up breaking down and trying a pair after my MTB buddies kept on me about it. They really are a LOT gripper than regular shoes, and excellent on the trail if you're running flats.

The only downside is that there's no lace guard, so you'll be tucking your laces in. Other than that, after trying several pairs of FiveTens, these felt the most like comfortable trail shoes to me. They are basically very grippy sneakers, whereas the other more downhill-oriented boots (like the Sam Hill) felt heavy and gigantic. If you're an XC guy looking for decent grip without the extra weight and feel of a DH shoe, these will be right up your alley.
on December 14, 2014
These coupled with wellgo mg1 magnesium platform pedals are a perfect match. Had problems with my feet slipping off the pedals, not anymore since I got these! Great color options too. Recommended
review image
on August 31, 2014
The shoes along with Platform pedals from DMR V12 Mag a Pedals from Modern Bike are a match made in Heaven. These are the closest to clip less I could find after searching for months. I am a female size 7.5-8 and the mens size 6 is perfect. They are true to size.
on July 22, 2013
I had got a pair of the Teva's and the narrow width made them unwearable. The 5 10 shoe fits great. I'm usually a size 9 and I got a 9 1/2. I add my own insole which takes up a little room. There was a short break in period of wearing them around the house a little. I adjusted the laces to be a little loose.

I did my first ride on a road bike and the shoes were super comfortable and had a nice grip on the pedals. Has a nice solid strong sole.
on March 30, 2016
I commonly wear Puma and Addidas shoes that are sized in Euro sizes, so I just ordered the same size as my everyday shoes and they fit well.
Excellent grip on platform pedals. As mentioned in an another review they do scuff. Not just floors, but also the bike frame. Small price to pay for a grippy shoe with great support.