Top positive review
39 people found this helpful
Nice frame, great price
on November 8, 2012
This is my initial review after 36 hours with the frame. After a very bad experience with another vendor, I was reluctant to make another purchase. However, this one is looking good out of the box.
- Easy to setup
- Nice, clear screen
- Decent number of customization features in the setup
- My biggest gripe with my old frame was a very poorly implemented random shuffle. I have been
assured by the Nix support team that this shuffle actually works. I use the power off/power on
feature on a daily basis and I want each photo to have an equal chance of being displayed each
day. I'll be watching!
- The "quadrant" display is a nice feature. Four photos at once. It leaves you wishing you'd
bought the 12" or 15" screen!
- I had some pre-sales questions and the Nix support team responded quickly, with thorough
responses. It is very important to me that there is someone standing behind the product.
- I would like to be able to specify the photo duration, rather than the few that the manufacturers supply. This is not a Nix-specific gripe.
- My favorite transition is the fade (or dissolve). Most screens I've tested, including this one, have a very slow and choppy fade. I ended up turning the transition feature off.
- The black border is just a smidge too wide for me. I would have liked a smaller overall
frame size, with a smaller border. Definitely not a show-stopper.