Customer Reviews: Samsung Series 3 NP365E5C-S02US 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black)
Amazon Vehicles 4-month subscription Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Halloween Candy Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fin fin fin  All-New Echo Dot Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis hhnsweeps Shop Cycling on Amazon

on November 25, 2012
For the price, this is an amazing value. The case, while made primarilly of plastic, isn't cheesy at all. The lid is made of aluminum and looks very nice, like units costing much more. The keyboard layout with the 10 key fits the shell well, the bonus is that the keys are separated from each other so there's less chance of getting stuff down between the keys - nice! There are 2 USB 3.0 ports and an HDMI port. The built in camera is adequate, the memory at 4GB is perfectly sized for this price range. I'm honestly surprised by how quick this AMD processor is, it's almost as fast as my Intel quadcore (non-hyperthreaded) 2.67 Ghz desktop. All nice features for a laptop in this price range. The primary reason for this purchase was to use it to browse the internet and email along with the occasional spreadsheet/word document. It performs beyond expectation in that catagory. Other benefits of this laptop are the bottom stays cool when running, and the battery life is great, about 5+ hours of use without recharging.

As an aside, it comes loaded with Windows 8, which admittedly takes a little getting used to. I can see after working with this OS that it would be beneficial to have a touch screen interface. It works okay without one after you get used to the quirks of Win8 and the "gestures" that you use to open the start screen, like swipe in to the touch pad from the computer shell on the right side, or switch applications by swiping in to the touch pad from the computer shell on the left side. The top down swipe motion in context sensitive. For non-touch screen computers I'd prefer it if Microsoft put the Win7 start menu back on the desktop interface. On touch screen based computers I'm sure I'd rather use the Win8 "start" interface.

At this point although early in the game I'm very happy with the results.
on February 12, 2013
The laptop itself is light and sleek looking. The feel of it is good and solid and the keyboard is similar to a Mac in its spacing and design. They are separated by a bit of space that would make it easier to clean. The battery life is pretty long. I've been using it on a single charge for about 6.5 hrs now and still have 25% remaining. The screen is pretty nice and crisp. Colors are nice and vivid. I haven't watched HD videos yet but so far it seems good.
The laptop comes preinstalled with windows 8. I don't mind it but I believe that Microsoft really intended for windows 8 to be use with a touch screen devise. You can go back to windows 7 if you choose by going to the Samsung website and following their instructions. I just received mine today so I'm going to give W8 a try.
The bad thing I can say about this model is that the mouse pad is not sensitive. I have to tap pretty hard for it to double click or even respond. The mouse pad response time is relatively slow compared to how fast I'm moving my fingers to items I want to click on. The computer also does not have a light or any kind of signal that would tell you whether number lock or caps lock is on. I used to have a Toshiba Satellite and I would say that I prefer Toshiba's mouse pad over this one.
Overall I would say that its a good laptop but it does take some getting used to. If you want a sensitive mouse pad that highly responsive I would advise you not to get this model. Other than that it seems like a good device. I'll post another review in about a month so you can see how it holds up to a Biology major/English Minor college student usage.

One Month Later: I ended up returning the laptop in favor of purchasing an Acer Aspire V5 due to all the problems I was having with the laptop. Some programs that I needed to run for my homework were unable to work. The processor speed scored a 2.2 out of 9 and I was unable to speed it up. Others buyers say that their laptop was great so maybe my unit was just faulty. On the positive side, Samsung customer service is great even though they couldn't help me much whenever I spoke to them.
on January 27, 2013
I switched from a 2k Macbook Pro to this Samsung out of financial necessity when I dropped my Mac off my bed when I fell asleep and it hit hard and I essentially destroyed it. Times are tight so I came into it this Samsung gritting my teeth at how much worse it would be. I'm shocked, all the speed and flexibility of the programs are there, I like the way it runs quiet and I think it looks nice for what it is. You're not going to get compliments but it looks like a quality business style comp.

I do miss iPhoto (a mac app that has a much more organized layout and user friendly interface for your pictures) but hey with the savings of nearly $1500 I'm laughing myself to sleep at what an awesome machine this is. FYI, I use it to run photoshop, word, iTunes, excel, VLC, this free home movie making program and surfing the web and it does them all really well.

Also, I'm totally new to Windows so I haven't had any complaints with that, I never knew Windows 7. All im hoping now is that it stays like this.. I switched to mac because PCs have a tendency to crash with weird viruses or hardware problems with no support like you get from Apple... but as of now... It's the best little investment I've made in a while.

Oh, and one negative complaint is the terrible placement of the headphone jack. Its in an annoying spot on the very front right, obviously designers should have known your hand crosses there much more than at the back.. but hey thats only one small gripe.
on May 23, 2013
This computer has such a good design, overall quality and just ease of use. The keyboard is cool because the keys are separated much like an Apple computer is. It sometimes gets sloe, but that's all on my internet's end. Windows 8 is so easy to use. I'm a big Xbox guy so I'm able to really use a lot of stuff on my computer like Web Games, managing my account and friends. The volume/sound isn't the greatest, as expected with a laptop. Sometimes I need to crank the volume and other times it's too loud and tin can sounding. All in all, it's a great product that I work off of and play games on.
on October 23, 2013
But the main one with this computer is it crashes all the time, I have an old toshiba that I am using just so I can finish my paperwork on time. From the reviews I thought this would be a good laptop but I'm finding out it just isn't! Don't buy this, The last review and did on this laptop they would not publish can you believe it? Maybe they do pay people to write good reviews these days.
on January 14, 2013
I'm very happy with this purchase. Everything is working great. It's been 3 months and I had no issues with it so far. It runs smooth and it's my primary PC. I don't play major games on it. I use it mainly for social networking, playing online games, checking email, and Office programs.
on January 25, 2013
This laptop is fast and quiet. The wifi is ready to work while the start screen appears (very fast)... W8-64bit, the USB3.0 ports are much faster than 2.0 and this is a plus ! ! I was continously working a little more than 4 hours and the battery said 10%. I doubt another laptop with this kind of performance ! ! ! The W8 is completely different to the previous versions, and it is fast ! ! Now, I like it.... So this a new paradigm. We must adapt to do the same things in a different way. The aluminium body is great ! !
on November 26, 2013
This laptop is just ok. When everything is working, it's quiet and fast. But I have several problems with it. The main one is that it constantly disconnects from the internet. I've owned several laptops, phones, and tablets. I've never had any of them drop internet connection. This PC usually drops connection every 15 minutes or so. Sometimes it reconnects, sometimes it doesn't. The second major problem I have is that every now and then the keyboard doesn't work correctly. I'll try to type and the keys don't function properly. For instance, I'll hit the "W" key and it will bring up the settings screen. I'm guessing I must have hit some kind of hotkey or something. If so, it's way too easy to hit that hotkey. I will stay away from Samsung PC's in the future.
on May 7, 2013
I started having issues with the app's on the computer not working after a few months. I was told to do a Reset on my computer using the reset settings built in. Now that I have done the reset the computer is telling me that my product key code is no longer valid, I have to purchase another one and that the product key code is being used on a different computer. I am also getting error messages that my memory card reader driver is missing. I click on the link it gives to download the driver and I can download it but nothing happens. I am really getting irritated with all the issues. Guess I should have just gave up and dealt with the fact I couldn't use any of the preinstalled applications that come with windows 8.
on June 15, 2013
I bought this for my wife for her school work and work. She likes how quickly it starts up with the windows 8. She likes that there is a number key pad on the keyboard. However she feels that the keyboard feels flimsy.