BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 15, 2014
Warning to impatient people and heavy app users: Do not buy this phone. 800mb of RAM is going to run Swype, Messages, the random apps that come with the phone, and one or two background apps with notifications.

HOWEVER, to everyone else: Superb value. Best thing you're going to find unlocked and on Sprint (with all its MVNOs!) for <$100. If you mostly use wifi, not data, you can bring one of these babies to Ting and pay <$40/mo for a gazillion texts and a whole bunch of minutes.

But this phone requires patience. In the words of Louis CK: "Give it a second. Would ya? Could you give it a second. It's going to space. Can you give it a second? From space. Is this speed of light too slow for you?"
on November 12, 2014
Was like new, had charger, batter, and ZERO signs of use.
on March 24, 2015
This was a stolen phone. It did not work at all when trying to switch over my device for sprint. Please be careful people about these cell phones and make sure that they are legit. I am returning it now and getting my money back.
on November 22, 2014
Starts to get slower as time goes on. Seems like a good smartphone to start with. Completely beats HTC.
on April 20, 2014
this phone was for my daughter her old phone was broken and was not eligible for an upgrade for 6 months we did our research and found this phone on amazon, it had good reviews was a good value and arrived within the time frame they estimated. she is very happy with the phone and would recommend it to others
on June 1, 2015
This is a CRICKET phone. It does NOT connect with sprint. It is also a PAY AS YOU GO phone so it is actually useless if you have a real plan. The phone is in bad condition, severe scratchs and dents. Do NOT purchase this. It will not work on any network.
on May 3, 2015
This is truly an awesome phone.
on October 18, 2012
I have used quite a few smartphones in the last few years, (I probably go through like 5 a year just buying/selling on ebay). I remember when under 3 inches was still a decent size. I got an HTC diamond and it had a 2.8 inch screen and I loved it. The iphone had a upped screen when it came out to with a huge 3.5 inch. Now we have phones coming out classified as mini (Galaxy s III mini) with a 4 inch screen. The huge phone displays look great but are awkward to hold, and in the pocket. 4inch has probably been my favourite size so far, I was excited about the lg viper but the design and battery life were really bleh. I recently gave a try to the Galaxy Victory and it was fantastic but the battery life and the size of it were just to much, so i'm swapping for this.

I saw the galaxy victory and it seemed like the perfect fit. The phone is 4 inches, plenty of resolution for the size, plenty of ram, an S4 processor, decent design and decent sized battery (same one as the Galaxy S III)

So sorry for the ranting, here we go. I've put it through the tests over the day and I've had great results.

The screen looks great, It's LCD not an AMOLED but it gets the job done fine. I miss the contrast ratio when reading in the dark.

It performs really great, I put it through tests and games run great, running quadrant shows it really close to the htc one x. Really don't let the midrange category of this phone scare you off performance wise, the S4 is what is in some versions of the Galaxy S III and HTC One X, Its a S4 lite and lower clock but its not horribly far off.

Physical design while not the best, is not to bad either. The phone feels good in the had, it has a good texture and weight. I wish the power button was on the side but its not bad on the top. It has a camera button which I LOVE. Function buttons on the bottom are good though I wish there was a multitasking button (though you can just hold home to do it)

Samsung's customizations are surprisingly fairly useful, the launcher isn't to distracting, performs well and has some good shortcuts over stock. However one bad thing is that folders are a bit more difficult to make, but its like just one more step. It comes with some of Samsung's applications and enhancements which are mostly fine, I tried out the S Voice and it was pretty terrible.

battery life has been pretty awesome, it almost matches my Galaxy Nexus with extended battery (3850 mah). To give my battery use today, I was at work from like 7am - 5pm today, my service at work is terrible like 0-1 bars most of the day which wrecks batteries. I texted about 30-40 texts probably, did some ebaying, a bit of web surfing, I did like a 5 minute gps nav, played a game for like 10 minutes, checked weather a couple times. When I got home my battery said it was unplugged for 11 hours and I had 60 percent left, I used the program "easy battery saver" also, I'm not sure how much that affected the battery life though.

Camera seems to be fine, I'm not to concerned with quality on my cellphone, as long as it takes a picture and I can tell what it is, the camera button works great too.

Reasons I gave a 4: as mentioned above, some of the software (S voice) aren't to great but they aren't really needed either. The function buttons are fine but the home button for some reason has like a second delay before it does anything, which is slightly annoying. The phone has NO haptic feedback build into it, so if you need that it's a no go.

So really nothing to horrible unless you need haptic feedback, I highly recommend if you want a smaller phone on sprint.
comment if you have any questions, hope you enjoyed.

EDIT: fixed the home button lag by disabling double home button tap for s-voice :D
22 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2014
I got this last year from Sprint with no contract free with rebates, so I can't complain about the price at all, it was a good deal considering.
When I originally opened the box and activated the phone, I thought I was going to love it.

It had a good screen size (small now compared to huge screen phones like the Note series), the colors were pleasing to the eye, and it looked like it had a good amount of features to play around with.

*Up until then I had been using an LG Optimus from Virgin Mobile (terrible signal strength, lost signal for a couple days at a time more than once, and horrible customer servcie..but I loved the phone itself, and it came with a pretty decent camera)

Two things that I like the least :
The camera (honestly the worst I've had in years. Just terrible quality. My Optimus was 100% better as far as the camera goes!
Lack of storage space - This phone is so full of preinstalled apps that you are NOT ALLOWED to uninstall, that there is very little room left for videos. photos, games and apps that you want to download.
The most frustrating thing about the storage issue is that every time the storage gets full (which is A LOT), it will not allow you to open your images. You can't even open images (or the camera) to DELETE images to make space! The only thing you can do is start uninstalling apps until you have enough space to open your images/camera again, or wait until you're home and can transfer them to your computer and delete them from there. Every time I was at a concert or out somewhere and trying to take pics, it would get full like this and not allow me open and delete pics to make room.

I hate to rant, but that is absolutely my worst pet peeve about this phone.
If you want something that is just a backup, or a cheap phone for the kids to have for emergencies, then this would be a good option.
Otherwise, unless you rarely download apps and/or rarely take pictures or video, this phone would be a poor choice.
66 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2014
Seriously! I went in to Best Buy for an "Upgrade" on my line. I traded in my Motorola Photon 4G, which was an awesome phone, and after trying out two other phones for a day, ended up settling for the Samsung Galaxy Victory, because it had the most familiar setup. What a mistake! The phone has the lowest internal storage out of any phone I've had since the early 2000's. I've had it for a month and my memory is almost full, and it won't let me upload any more apps or photos. I've got less apps and literally hundreds less photos on this phone than i had on my photon, and my photon wasn't even close to being full. Also, the volume controls do not work on this phone. I thought it was just mine, until i did some research and see that this is a common problem on this model. You can't turn the volume of your call down and it's LOUD! I have to hold the phone away from my ear to tolerate it. The ringers and other volumes also do not adjust, even if the volume bar goes up/down as you adjust it...the sound stays the same. DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.