Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 63 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 82 reviews
on February 19, 2013
The tablet runs games smoothly and I find that it has a average touchscreen. As for connectors it does lack the HDMI port of more expensive models but I found this inconsequential. Interestingly it has a full sized USB port as well as a micro USB port which makes it easier to use flash drives and other USB devices. It has a very solid build quality although not altogether beautiful it is very usable. The camera is 2 megapixels and although not the best it works wonderfully at video chat. The tablet runs Android 4.1.1 after the update and I find this version to work like it should and in my opinion beats iOS. In specs it is a relatively average and comparable to a Nexus 7 except a larger screen. I also found that it works well for reading books with a nice bright screen. In conclusion this tablet is a nice useful piece of hardware that I recommend buying.
on June 29, 2013
I'm very impressed with this tablet! I also own an iPad 2, and due to its popularity at home, I thought it would be a good idea to get a tablet that wouldn't bust my budget.

The a210 performs better than the iPad 2. Its processor is lightning fast - even faster than my computer - and it loads websites much faster than my iPad 2. The difference is rather stunning. Its wifi range is noticeably greater than that of my iPad.

The android 4.0 operating system - upgradeable to 4.1 on the acer website - is a snap to operate. The screen resolution is good and the tablet feels sturdy. Two big pluses are the full-size USB cable and microsd card slot, neither of which are found on the iPad.

The speakers are much better than the sound coming from my iPad - both louder and clearer.

My iPad 2 does have its advantages. It has a sleeker design, no doubt, and scrolling is a little smoother. The screen on the a210 is longer and narrower than the ipad's. As a result, it is a little easier to read and watch movies on my ipad. The screen resolution on the iPad is greater, but I really don't notice. The a210 is noticeably thicker the iPad, but the weight difference seems minimal. Finally, the iPad has a longer battery life (10 hours vs. 8 hours).

I bought the a210 refurbished with a 90 day warranty, so I paid about 1/3 the price of my ipad2. What a deal!

All in all, I like my ipad2, but love my Acer Iconia a210.
on September 21, 2013
I've had this tablet for 3 weeks now, and I love it. It updated to Jellybean as soon as I turned it on for the first time. I was able to find the Flash apk at xda developers, since the Play Store doesn't support it for Jellybean. It worked perfectly. This tablet did come with several apps installed, mostly games. I couldn't delete them, but I was able to clear the data and disable them. This removed them from the app drawer, and kept them from loading into memory. One app that I did keep, was Polaris Office. This is one of the better office apps that I've used. Of course I had to load SwiftKey Tablet to go with it. On the hardware side, the display is bright and clear, and the touch screen is responsive, even though the resolution is not as high as on some more expensive tablets. The processor is quick with all tasks, and so far hasn't bogged down. I do recommend that you install a good task killer, to keep it that way. I use Clean Master. There are both full size and micro usb ports, but be aware that the tablet will not charge through either one of them. You have to use the ac adapter. You will need an inverter to charge it in a car. Luckily this shouldn't be an issue, as the battery life is outstanding. I have been able to get 8 hours with moderate to heavy use. This is with the power profile set to performance. The 16 gigs of storage is more like 11 after the system memory and operating system take their shares. I don't know if it's the tablet design, or Jellybean itself, but you can't move apps to the sd card. This shouldn't be a problem unless you install large games that don't allow data to be written to the sd card. For some reason Acer decided not to include HDMI output on this tablet. This is odd since even most sub $100 tablets include this. This was not a deal breaker for me, but may be for some. I'm glad that I purchased this when I did, since the price has increased $50 since I purchased mine. This tablet was a great deal at $279, but I would probably consider a higher end one at $330. I hope that this helps.
on June 5, 2013
Don't be fooled by the hype. When you look under the hood of this Acer, you will realize that it is faster and more powerful than the Galaxy Tab 2 and some of the previous generation Ipads. You cannot go wrong with this purchase. The full size USB port is really nice and it will also support a 64 gigabyte micro sd card. It has a quad core processor running at 1.2 GHZ, no lag when surfing the internet. This thing is fast and will support any external hard drive that you hook up to the USB port. I have tried a 500 GB hard drive with no problems. Enjoy and don't believe the hype, this offers a lot more of the important features that really matter, like expandable storage, etc. Thanks.
on January 13, 2013
Beautiful, easy to configure, really fast, best of all, Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0. I found it affordable, and was able to get started using it very quickly. I was also looking at some more expensive Asus tablets. Basically, price, processor and memory was what made up my mind.
on July 8, 2013
Great tablet, incredible touch screen, amazing speed on processor (quad-core), great screen resolution.
Only negative thing is not having a back camera (just front one), but come to think of it, who takes photos to keep with a tablet?!
I guess this is why they made it with a single camera.
Sound is good and it has Acer's own touches in the menus and screen unlock which can direct you to many places.
I love Acer products, they really put a lot into their designs to comfort customers.
If it were not for the lack of a back camera, this device would easily beat the Samsung Galaxy Tab-2 (10.1 inch).
Recommended...
on June 24, 2013
The tablet works great, I am very happy so far. The web is fast, actually faster than my laptop, but that is a few years old. The only thing that I don't care for, but is not a deal breaker, is that I can't access my network to copy files. I suppose this is true for all tablets except the new Microsoft tablet computers. All in all, I am very satisfied and would buy again.
on May 27, 2017
I don't like it. My son can't play many games that he likes and one of the games he likes it freezes up on him. For the price I paid I wish I could send it back and get a different one. I'd say if ur only using it for youtube, and Internet then it's a ok tablet but other wise I wouldn't get it. My opinion.
on April 15, 2013
I cannot say enough good things about this tablet. It is even more than I expected. I don't see how you could get a better tablet for the money. As soon as I had charged it and turned it on, updated to Jelly Bean, which seems to work great. I added all the apps I need and I am truly loving this tablet. I ran into a problem with the native email app, because my provider does not save emails on their server once they are downloaded and the installed email app that comes preloaded on the tablet, did not store any emails, but was designed to leave them on the server. So my emails would come in and then disappear. However, this was an easy fix by downloading and email app called K-9 Mail, which works perfectly for me. This really was the only little hitch. Everything else works great. I was able to copy all my needed files and pictures from my laptop and smartphone easily via bluetooth. As far as I am concerned, the screen is great. This tablet even has GPS. Believe me, you cannot go wrong with this tablet.
on April 6, 2013
I purchased the original iPad and it lasted for about a year (just past the warranty) and developed 'memory' issues. I limped along for about 2 years doing complete refreshes every couple weeks since the Apple Genius team had no clue. Then around Christmas 2012 I bought an Acer A200. The next day my wife gave me the 8.9 Kindle HD so I was now flooded with tablets. I was not thrilled with the Android apps compared to the iPad so I returned both. Then I finally gave in and bought an iPad4. After using it for a couple days I realized the Kindle HD had just as good display as the iPad. The iPad was no faster, so back the iPad went. Unfortunately the Kindle did not allow Google Chrome so I opted for the upgraded Acer A210. This was a great move on my part. Once I realized I could live with the Android apps (be patient), the other features on the Acer made it a good choice. Getting flash on the Acer took no longer than watching a YouTube video and downloading a file. The iPad had short comings built in by Apple that the Acer did not. Everything in life is compromise and neither tablet is perfect.