Truck Season Automotive Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon GoliathSeason2 GoliathSeason2 GoliathSeason2  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on June 29, 2014
The Big Bang Theory delivers on an impressive sixth season as the directors continue to develop each individual character.

Howard and Bernadette's relationship begins to intensify after the former returns from his NASA space mission; he starts to bond with Bernadette's father while figuring out why his own father left him behind.

While the Leonard/Penny and Sheldon/Amy storylines consume most of the show, it is Raj that seems to grow the most in this season as he goes from essentially the friend in need to having his own lengthy romantic storyline. Although Raj does not get the girl in the need, he conquers his fear of talking to women when he talks to Penny (without the aid of alcohol) in the season finale.

Two episodes stand out. The first is the one where Howard and Sheldon have a dispute over a parking spot at the school; I won't spoil the episode for you, but it is a must watch, and the second is the boys' trip to a sci-fi convention which doesn't go as planned.

The extras are also great - the cast actually communicate with a member of NASA directly from space in one extra which is quite breathtaking.
2 people found this helpful
on June 13, 2013
As TBBT enters its golden years as a television series, it has grown and deepened in some lovely ways. The addition of Melissa Rauch and Mayim Bialik to the cast as regulars back in Season 4 was a stroke of genius -- a much-needed dose of estrogen and some girl-brains to offset Penny's dumb-as-dirt bit. The balancing act works in reverse, too: Kaley Cuoco's Penny has some of her best scenes when she's introducing her science-y besties to, say, the concept of an eyelash curler. Or shocking them with her sexual exploits ("It's a joke! Based on real-life experiences...") and incipient alcoholism (drinking an entire bottle of alcohol during a girls' night get-together). Another reason to love The Girls of TBBT: Bernadette has done wonders for Howard, using her wit and wiles to teach him that being a man means much more than being in a constant amorous state. It means being responsible about money, showing up for friends, and running an orderly household.

Which brings me to the "but" part of my review. I have three "buts":

1. Why is it that TBBT writers will always, always go for the gross and disgusting? My partner and I most often watch the show during dinner -- perhaps not the best choice considering that if one of Bernadette's experiments is going to have a side effect, you just know it's going to be icky. Listening to Sheldon describe to the dry cleaner just why his couch cushion needed cleaning after Howard sat on it naked ("The Parking Lot Escalation") almost ruined a lovely spaghetti dinner. In fact, my partner and I have created a TBBT drinking game -- taking a drink every time one of the characters says something gross and/or gratuitous. If we drank actual alcohol we'd be Penny-wasted by the end of most episodes.

2. We love Sheldon. But why do the writers turn him into SUCH a jerk far too often? Using Amy as a human shield ("The Closet Reconfiguration") was way out of line, even for Sheldon. It's one thing for our Top Nerd to be a bad and clueless boyfriend, but when he crosses over into demeaning and humiliating behavior, he's edging into the land of the verbally abusive. Not cool. And not entertaining.

3. Raj needs to stop needing alcohol to talk to women. I'm hoping that the addition of Kate Micucci to the cast in the form of Raj's equally-socially-awkward new girl friend (as in, friend who is a girl, as -- at least at this point in my Season 6 viewing -- they have not officially hooked up) will stop the need-a-flask gimmick once and for all. Kunal Nayyar is a talented comic actor but even he stopped making that "joke" fresh and new several seasons ago.

So -- Three Buts and a Yay. I love this show. I always have and I always will. But my deep affection doesn't keep me from wincing and squirming through about 20% of the writers' choices. I honestly don't know who the show's target audience is. I'm sure I skew much older than the desired demographic but I don't think that's the problem. I like edgy, I can even appreciate a dose of outrageous here and there. But gratuitous gross-outs have never done much for me as entertainment fodder. We viewers, like Amy Farrah Fowler, deserve better.
2 people found this helpful
on June 18, 2014
This review applies to this and every previous season of Big Bang, and since many others have lauded its praises I'll keep it short. The show is consistently funny, the script smart and often surprisingly nuanced, the direction superb and the acting - from every one of the cast - pitch-perfect. And the science is remarkably accurate.

My wife and I own all the existing seasons on DVD and have watched them from Series 1, Episode 1 all the way through several times... they just never get old. In addition to the often hysterical humor, the developing dynamics between the characters - especially after Bernadette and Amy joined the show - are both funny and often very touching. In particular, the relationship between Leonard and Penny is at times actually quite moving in its sweetness and depth, and you really WANT these two to stay together (they're the loves of each others' lives, despite their differences). Similarly, there are moments of genuine tenderness between Sheldon and Amy which catch you unawares amid the humor.

It's a quirky, original, smart, fun show where you learn to genuinely love and care about the characters, and the script-writing has kept it surprisingly fresh for all these years. If I could pick a single sit-com to take to a desert island, I wouldn't hesitate: Big Bang Theory is my favorite TV comedy of all time. Long may it run.
on June 13, 2014
I love this show, but I think Season 6 had more misses than hits. The fact that Amy and Sheldon's relationship is still going nowhere seems "illogical" at this point - and the girl they paired Raj up with is an unmitigated disaster that makes my skin crawl and is so boring it makes Sheldon's "fun with flags" look like something you want to spend all day watching. I really wish they had tried harder to find a recurring role/place for Sara Gilbert, whose pithy snarkasm was well-suited to the show. Personally, I also didn't enjoy the often weird sexual innuendos that felt like pandering to the lowest form of "entertainment".

Since the show has been renewed for another 3 seasons, I really hope that this isn't a sign of deterioration that's only going to get worse - it would be a shame to see this comedic gem flail and ultimately make you wish they'd quit while they were ahead...
on October 19, 2013
Every so often, a sitcom gets it right and becomes part of Americana, ie: I Love Lucy, The Honeymooners, The Odd Couple, Happy Days, Cheers, Friends and The Big Bang Theory joins this roster. BBT: Season Six is what you expect, although it's a little light on the extras. There is a nice music Video from Bare Naked Ladies(We all Love the theme song). It's very well thought out and clever. My Only problem is, just like Season Five, they changed the color of the box from Frosted Clear to Black. What the hell? Most people who buy TV on DVD have collections and they show them off to people. This series looks nice and uniform until you get to Season Five. It then looks like another show from afar. Will Season Eleven feature Pink Boxes? I bought some 3 disc frosted boxes so it looks fine. However, after I forked over the money for the discs, why should I have to correct this nonsense? Other than that, if you are a fan of the show, you have no reason not to buy Season Six . By the way, I phrased that sentence in such a way that if you imagined Sheldon's voice in your head, it sounds like something he would say.
on November 27, 2017
I bought the so called New DVD and got a bootlag copy. The box was dinged up. The dvds where scratched up. The labels on the DVDs was faded along with the so called booklet. When I put each DVD in my player the main menu screen was pixelated, and the menu buttons where not the same ones from another copy I borrowed from my friend. When I played the first few moments it too was very pixelated like it was buffering from watching it online. I contacted Amazon and am getting a refund.
on March 24, 2013
This show is very well written. It can go 14 seasons with cast members getting married and having children. Sheldon's putdowns towards Leonerd could carryon to his child putting down Lenord's son. An idea.

The show brings a cast of intelligent educated adults with graduate degrees and a farm girl college community dropout, Penny, trying to make it in California as an actress stuck in the middle. The ongoing differences between Sheldon an intellectual physicist by definition and Penny make the show what it is. Putting an analitcal, intellegent, "evolved" (as he calls himself, person whom doest not crave human innate desires such as human contact and without a doubt intimacy, in the same room with a free spirit aspiring actress true to her innate desires, is the recipe for humor.

Amy Farafauller (Bialik), an intellegent neuerolgist, whom essentially is Sheldon's female equivalent, high school's desires of befriending the pretty girl in school comes to a reality when meeting Penny. Dialoges between her and Penny also make for good humor.

The friendship between adults (Sheldon, Amy and Penny), whom where complete opposite of another in high school respectively, creates an amusing, humerus dynamic.

The only thing bad thing about season six is Wolowitz leaving behind his bacholors days and hanging with Kutropoli, which brought the show's humer down a notch. Wolowitz is personality as bachelor made humerus contributions to the show no longer seen now as a husband. on the upside Kutropoli now speaks without the use of Wolowitz, since they no loger are hang out arm to arm. Its good to see him speak out.

Chuck Lore is a genius bringing us unconvetional shows like the Big Bang and Two and Half Man.
|11 comment|Report abuse
on November 29, 2013
Hey, what's not to like! I even love the theme song that opens each episode. The characters are perfectly cast; I enjoy them all. The always evolving stories wrap around the daily adventures and love lives of some very socially clumsy yet very lovable best-friend nerds who work as scientists at the same university. They are grown-up genius super-nerds, but their other closest friends and love interests include some simple, equally lovable (and more in tune with reality) everyday folk, especially a cute waitress who supplies the show with a playful hint of eye-candy along with a very enjoyable personality. Science plays no real part in the show, but as an implied back story for most of the key characters it pops its way into the clever and fun dialogue just enough to gently tickle each viewer's intelligence. Appreciating science is totally not necessary, but if you do you will find an occasional joke that is even funnier because of its playful tie to actual science. This is simply a very funny and terrific show. Production values are excellent.
on December 28, 2013
I thought great shows like this was never coming back to TV. This season is so excellently written and acted. Sheldon (Jim Parsons) is brilliant as every and totally deserved that Emmy. But the true scene stealer is Amy Farah-Fowler (Mayim Balik). She so deserves an best supporting Emmy statute as well as a raise of pay. Her comedic timing is excellent and paired next to Jim Parsons is genuis. The writers have done a brilliant job allowing the characters to grow but not so much as to be unrecognizable from season to season. In that way you can invest in the character. Even Penny is growing (cant believe she finally tells Leonard that she loves him). You know everyone is waiting now for Sheldon and Amy to do the deed. LOL.

I would totally recommend this to everyone. Would recommend you getting all 6 seasons and watch from beginning.
on August 23, 2015
I think in this Season the women ( in the TV series ) are becoming more involved. The change in the TV series is quite evitable between Season 5 and Season 6 where Penny and Leonard are back together and it's getting serious. Sheldon and Amy "Shammy!" are even having a serious relationship that is evolving. Howard and Bernadette are married and going through all their problems. And Raj finally has a girlfriend, but for how long! I think everyone should be pulling for Raj to settle down with a decent girl. Even though his parents want him to be with only Indian girls. More antics with the NERD HERD!