BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 3, 2016
It's great
on June 14, 2013
My husband and I both got this phone as our upgrade recently. We use our phones only for talking, and need only the most basic features.

Within two months, his phone stopped holding a charge. Unless it was actually on the charger it would not power up. He had to get a new battery from Sprint, and within a week of getting it, started having the same problem again.

My own phone began doing the same thing within days of activation. A trip back to the store resulted in upgrading my settings, but did not solve the problem. As of today we are still without working phones and are about to make our third trip to Sprint.

I'm tempted to believe that phone manufacturers are so busy cranking out smartphones that do everything but wipe your butt for you and cost a fortune, nobody can be bothered to make a reliable, basic phone with quality hardware. Very frustrated and do not recommend this model.
on August 31, 2017
I liked this phone, mostly, except for two problems. First, even if you hook it up to your computer with a USB cable, all that does is charge the battery. There is no way to get photos you've taken from the phone to your computer other than to upload them via some kind of cloud connection or e-mail that will cost you extra. You should be able to transfer photos via a USB cable. My previous Samsung M320 had the same issue. The real annoyance is that the phone would turn itself off for no apparent reason. With the battery fully charged, I'd take it off the charger only to find that 30 seconds later, the phone was turned off. I'd turn it back on, and the next time I'd go to use it, maybe 20 minutes later, it would be powered off again. Sometimes it would even turn itself off while charging, which didn't prevent the battery from charging, but it did mean anyone who called me got rolled over into voice mail immediately because the phone was off and didn't ring. It finally got to the point that I found a new phone last week and have retired this one. As to its other features, I'm satisfied. I love the voice recognition feature, which you don't have to use, but if you have your Bluetooth headset in your ear, you can push a button and say "Call John Smith Home" or "Call 4-1-5-5-5-5-8-9-8-0" and it will complete the call for you without having to touch the phone. Very nice, actually. Its dedicated 911 button has never been a problem -- in five years, I've never accidentally pushed 911. In fact, setting ring tones, ringer volume, voice volume, etc., is easy and intuitive. Audio quality is excellent. I'd still be using this phone if it weren't for the ongoing annoying problem of having the phone shut itself off for no apparent reason.
on April 30, 2013
I had a Sony flip phone since many years with satisfaction. Its battery became bad and I couldn't find any battery replacement.
I bought this Samsung M400 phone because I wanted a "non-smart" flip phone.

Positive:
- Good reception,
- Good battery,
- Speaker is OK,

Negative:
- Voice Command button on the left side is bothering and there is no way to deactivate it.
- Voice recognition is really bad. It is practically not usable.
- Display font size is not changeable.
- There is no place for SD card or other memory cards. You can not increase the memory.
- There is no driver for USB connection. You can't transfer photos to your computer, except you send it via email.

I wouldn't recommend this phone to anybody.
on September 19, 2013
This is my fifth or sixth Sprint phone, and it will be my last. In addition to consistently lousy Sprint service, contending with this phone's various drawbacks only adds insult to injury. The voice quality is so poor I often have to switch to a land line. And the battery runs down virtually overnight. Rated for four hours talk time, I'd be surprised to get one hour. Voice mails are logged at a time six hours off. And the keypad often fails to register.

I've taken the phone to Sprint to have the battery checked, but they tell me it's just fine. But Sprint will not attempt to repair the phone; rather, they offered to send it back to Samsung for a $50 fee.

Don't buy this phone. Keep looking.
on July 1, 2013
Basic flip phone, but has extremely annoying dedicated 911 button. I can dial 9-1-1, I don't need or want one button solution that can be pressed by accident. I can not fathom why they do not have the ability to disable it.

Kinda pricey for basic phone too. As another reviewer noted, why can't they just sell a reliable basic phone?
on January 25, 2016
This phone's menu and feature design is plain stupid. Avoid it. For example, although it has Bluetooth, there is no way to send your pics. If you plug it in to USB on a Mac or Windows machine, there is no driver. Avoid this piece of junk.
on August 24, 2014
I like my Sansung M400.. I want a basic, bar style phone. I'd prefer that to a flip. Just talk, and text. I do not like the voice command button that cannot be disabled! That is the only complaint.. Not long ago it began shutting itself off without warning. Sometimes as much as 6 times a day. I took it back to my Sprint store and it was repaired, no charge, and all is well now. I plan to shop around for a good used phone, probably another M-400, to have on hand for the time when this one gives up the ghost and there are no more basic phones to be had. Not all of us want smart phone, I-phones, pad, etc.
on March 3, 2015
Worst phone we've ever had. One major flaw: you cannot turn off the voice command. Can't wait to replace it and won't even consider Samsung phone.
on January 21, 2014
My husband was not happy with the cheap Tracfone that we both had so I bought him this flip phone in July 2013 along with a two year (rip-off) contract.
Like the other reviewers, his does not charge .
He is off to see what Sprint can do for him.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.