Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 5, 2013
upgraded from the Evo 4g LTE to this, big difference, faster, huge screen, great battery life.

The only thing I can think of that people won't like about the phone is some may find it to be to big with the 5.5" screen, I use my phone more for internet, text, video watching then talking so its great for me. Big screen makes things easier to read, don't have to go scrolling across to read stuff.

Got to play hands on with the new galaxy 4 and htc one after getting the note, they were both great phones, wish the samsung had the HTC speakers, but I wouldn't trade the note for either of them to attached to the big screen, and I didn't think either was significantly better, maybe a little snappier they use the same quad core processor but are clocked a few tenths of a GHz faster.

Finding a good case was a pain, otterbox made the phone to bulky IMO, the cheap cases were.. well cheap with little protection. Ended up with the Seidio Active and a Glass Shield to protect the screen.
on November 29, 2012
Actually the future is a smaller device that "unfolds" into a tablet size..and Samsung is already working on the type of screen to facilitate this. Until that arrives, this is the best mobile device in my opinion out there. I had a rooted EVO 4G and never felt the need for a tablet because it did everything I needed...aside from really working, for which I used my desktop. I was thinking of the EVO 4G LTE because I had grown to like HTC and liked the increased size and the beauty of the device. Still as a photographer, I wanted a mobile device with an excellent camera, not that the EVO LTE was not,(my daughter has it and my other daughter with her IPhone 4S, a very good camera, envies hers) did not want Samsung because of radio problems.
Then came the NOTE II and I kept hearing about the power and capabilities. I felt this was the device that would put a tablet in my hands at the same time.
At first I was put off by the size, almost so huge as to be ridiculous. I never thought I would have such a huge device. That was for about ONE day. After that, it quickly grew on me, and I was hooked.
Call quality - excellent...no complaints...works smoothly with my jawbone bluetooth...just paired up and connected...smooth.
Jelly Bean - Heaven...this thing is what Android was supposed to be...we have arrived finally...Apple no longer holds the advantage for having a seamlessly smooth no lagging OS...JB matches or surpasses it with intuitiveness, speed, beauty, flexibility and potential.
Features: so much that I haven't even used them all yet.
Speed: no splutter..no lag...just goes from one screen or command to another like butter.
Size: I LOVE IT!!!...I cannot go back to a smaller device.
Camera: almost perfect...I would like to be able to adjust shutter speed and aperture...may be possible...have to see if there is an app available for that..other than that the photos are better than I have ever seen from a phone and rivals PS cameras out there. The HDR will make you scream in delight. So I am happy that the phone has the camera quality that I really needed.

I bought the adapter connection to stream to my TV HDMI..I bought another connection to connect directly to my DSLR...will come back with those results later.

It is not for everyone but if you want one device to do everything...browse internet, connect to many other devices, read magazines, read books, look at movies, edit photos!!(with a pen)...etc, etc....this is it.

note: I bought a case for it and while it looks good, it goes not fit in my pocket like before...before you could not know it was there because it was so thin.....this is how it overcomes its size...by its thinness..

LOVE IT...
90 helpful votes
91 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on August 29, 2013
This was a phone i was purchasing as my first contract phone ever, i have always used pay as you go or contract free phones/plans. The immediate difference was the quality of all the services i had, internet was fast and no matter where i went i had service(this is more about the provider i went with) but after these, the smaller, less noticeable details began to show. First, the stylus(s-pen) works amazingly with this phone, every feature i used worked just as well, and some even better using this, texting, navigating web pages, and using almost any app. Next was the quality of the things it did, whenever i would run apps that on my other phone that would have a delay, it kept on going strong, pandora, emulators, and multiple tabs of internet, all of them and more ran perfectly. And the thing i like the most on the phone is the motion commands. While sometimes they are not very necessary, they are fun to do and give a variety and the things i can do with the phone. Last, is the sheer size of this phone, it is MASSIVE, and it is amazing, i have had the phone for over a month now, i got used to it in about 2 days, and now all other phones just seem tiny and i don't see a reason to ever want a phone that small again. i recommend this phone 1000%!
3 helpful votes
on June 25, 2013
I have been a smart phone user for a long time and have been looking for a phone that unifies all the apps and things that I need for personal and business communication. The Note II was the best choice I could have made. The large size was a little bit of a put off at first but no other device on the market had the hardware capabilities that I was looking for.

Now that I have had the phone for a few months, I don't think I could ever go back to a smaller or less powerful phone. The Android OS makes it really easy and seamless to work between applications and browse. Stylus pen makes emailing, taking notes, and navigating a breeze. Battery life lasts me a whole day - even with heavy usage (phone calls, texting, Internet usage, social media, etc.).

What I am trying to say is that if you are needing a business and personal device, go for this. I can easily see it being a little "much" for the person who only is checking Facebook or Instagram. But if you need to be able to juggle lots of activities on a mobile device at once, I highly recommend this phone.
on October 19, 2013
I love this phone, and it was cheapest on amazon. Sprint was trying to sell it to me for $400, no thanks! The S Note app (the app you use to draw/take notes) is a little memory-heavy for my tastes, but if I have everything else closed, it seems to work fine. The tracking on like 10 pixels on the left side is totally off, but it's not often that I draw on the edge of the screen, anyway. I use it to do figure drawing when I'm out and about so I don't have to drag my sketchbook with me everywhere. The S Note app can make "books" of your sketches, which is great for organization.
on September 10, 2013
This phone is fantastic! Quite honestly this is the first smart I've ever had but wow am I ever impressed. It really can do almost anything. The feature I like best is the stylus. It makes certain tasks much easier than if I were to just use my fingers. I get a lot of ridicule as to how big my phone is but now that I've had it awhile, it just looks like a normal phone to me while all the others look tiny. Plus all those who've made fun of me, I'm finding out are secretly jealous and not impressed with their own choice of phone. The only word of caution would be to the Mac owner. As much as I like my Mac and as much as I like this phone I can't get them to communicate. They're just not on speaking terms I guess. There are ways around such obstacles but it would be nice if I could just hook up my phone to my computer and be done with it. Maybe one day I'll figure it out....
11 comment|Report abuse
on July 2, 2013
I upgraded from the original Galaxy Epic 4G which I had for two years. The Note II is better in every way. It's larger, lighter, much faster, has more internal memory, a better camera front and back, has a stylus to hand write notes and draw maps, has NFC to beam data, Multi-tasking works well, the GREAT battery life is excellent, navigation via bluetooth to my car is much more responsive... and it is a great phone. Clear sound, loud enough and no dropped calls.
The speaker is not exceptional and nowhere near as good as in my old Sony Erickson W580i from 2007. I just plug the Note II into external speakers when I'm in the back yard. I thought the size might be a problem but after 3 or 4 days every other phone I saw looked too small. I have had the phone for months now and have nothing negative to report. Everything works well.
on December 30, 2013
this is the best phone i ever had...all phones have their flaws....but this right here is my baby..i love it...the s pen feature is cool and my kids love it...i pay bills over the phone a lot,So instead of getting a piece of paper to right down info...i just pull out my s pen and write everything down...while still on the phone..great feature...everything i have is samsung so my phone,tv,tablet all connects...you won't lose with this phone...buy it...
on October 4, 2014
I got this phone for an awesome deal. I absolutely love it. I love the size of the display. It is easy for me to read. Always having a stylus, makes it easy to type into the phone. I purchased it with an Otterbox Defender case and have dropped the phone several times but have not had any damage to the phone. It takes great photos and sounds great when listening to music.
on June 1, 2015
Baught this phone a while ago, worked fine, but when I got it there was a little glass piece that goes over the camera and it was missing.. I didn't think it was a big deal till it got a little dusty, specs got in the camera and it won't focus anymore and now half to get a new phone, so not to happy about it.... really dissapointed in my 200 dollar investment I bow half to throw away for a new one, definitly won't be buying from someone who doest inspect there stuff b4 selling and if I we're you I would consider looking somewhere else.