Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 138 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 187 reviews
on April 12, 2016
What can I say, I think this is my favorite phone I've ever used. It's really surpassed my expectations. After a long battle with choosing what type of phone I wanted to utilize (I had the Droid Ultra, Droid Mini, and then went back to using my old iPhone 4S. I wasn't really thinking of changing to a new device but found one at a decent price (NOTE2) and decided to buy it.

At first, the phone seemed humungus. Now whenever I use a phone such as an iPhone, they just seem small to me. The size doesn't matter a bit, it's a nice size for movies and games. The battery has proven to be the best of any phone I've ever owned (and there's been a lot of phones in my life, lol)

Three annoyances, which I've been able to fix, are the S-widget bar on the left side of the screen. I figured out if you hold the back key in for 2 seconds the S-widget bar will disappear and not come back on unless the battery is removed or the back button is held another additional two seconds.

The next con, is the water noises when the screen is touched. I figured out how to turn that off in the sound settings.

The final gripe which annoyed the you know what outta me the first time I got this phone is the predictive text. It comes in handy for things such as Im translates to I'm, etc. But it doesn't understand what you wanna say, for example, if you say someones name the phone isn't farmiliar with in a text, the phone basically changes it to the word IT thinks you should make it to be. The way to fix this is to tap the word you want and then click out of that word, and press the space bar and continue on with your text message or email. I wish there would be a way to just shut that part off and leave the corrections on abbreviations on.

Most of these things I'm sure are fixed by upcoming software updates, or new models,but I've made due with what i have, and what I have is an excellent phone.

The best case you can get is a Platinum Case from Best Buy. I got mine on clearance as they were discontinuing this phone (a little bummed that I won't be under the XLTE requirements) but the case only cost me 5$.

I keep the S-pen in the hole on the bottom of the phone because who wants a hole on the bottom of their phone?, But I've used it one time, but I just feel that you can do most of the work by just the touchscreen, I think that Samsung could have worked better in the finish department, my bezel is worn and the S-PEN "upholstery" was completely gone within a week or two, no joke.

The phone is a tough (did get this moist once) good choice for you. And the screen never disappoints. I'm one of those people that constantly changes their phones because of new phones coming out, or reasons of stuff wrong with their old/current phone, but I really can't find a reason to switch with this one. I'll probably purchase the note4 when it comes out. The two things I've found wrong with it so far, are that it runs hot, like excruciatingly hot after a couple hours of gaming (I travel by train a lot for work) and that the S-pen chips away. The battery holds great, I am a "power'user" and I get mostly 3-4 days in heavy use. Work has said that they will switch to iPhones sometime soon and I've yet to see if that's something I actually want to do, because this thing is so perfect it's hard to believe.
on November 23, 2013
First of this phone has a massive 5.5" screen. It is not 1080 but still provides a crystal clear awesome display. Second it has a quad core processor chugging away at 1.6Ghz. Not the fastest out there, but nearly so. Comes with 16GB of ROM and you can add more via a micro SD card - plenty of room. Standard features, front and rear cameras - not the highest resolution but still respectable. Bluetooth, WIFI up to N and NFC. Comes with JB 4.1.2 and 4.3 is rolling out as I pen this. KitKat will undoubtedly be added at some point.

It is a big phone, not designed for the dainty and weak. I added a silcone/plastic case and it has an armored feel to it now.

Battery life is good, will run all day on a single charge with substantial use.

Finally, it is last year's model and that means Samsung is clearing them out for the Note 3. Great deals are to be had. If the size does not intimidate you, this is your phone. Runs with the best of them, and provides a total media experience.
on May 27, 2013
If you are contemplating getting this phone, there's a couple things you should know.
A) The phone is huge. I upgraded from the HTC Evo 4g and the screen alone is bigger than my entire old phone. If you wear pants with tiny/tight pockets, then you'll have trouble finding a place to put this. That being said, the phone is exceptionally thin and slides easily into my pockets. It's also very light considering the size, however there are definitely lighter phones on the market if that's a key point for you. The big screen is very helpful if you plan to have multiple windows open (a great feature of the galaxy line).
B) The phone is more powerful than the SIII if youre looking to compare the two, and while it's not the most powerful on the market, it'll do just about anything you need it to do unless you're often using extremely power intensive apps. The S pen isn't all that great, and I prefer to think of the note II as a large phone rather than a small tablet, but it can pull off tablet-like functions if that's what you're looking for. Most of the functions on the phone are easily found and understood, so whether you're new or a pro, it's easy to manage and learn.
C) Call quality is very clear and loud on the phone, although people might look at you funny for holding such a large contraption to your face. The note II is also very intuitive with calling and messaging functions, so it's easy to pick up and learn.
D) If you're reading this review than you're probably also thinking of buying this phone through amazon as I did. I upgraded 3 phones on our family plan all through amazon. The process isn't the most streamlined if you're planning on ordering multiple phones, but I do have to give an A+ to amazon's customer service. I had to call during the ordering process to figure out how to order multiple phones, and then again when I got an email saying there was an issue and the order was cancelled. Both times my questions were effectively answered with very polite and helpful people. I then called Sprint to activate my phones and was again pleased to find helpful customer service.

I'm constantly learning new and interesting functions on this phone, and may update this review later if there's something I stumble across that needs noting. I own(ed) an HTC Evo 4g, a Nexus 7, and now a Samsung Galaxy Note II. I would very much recommend this product to anyone.
on June 11, 2013
First I'll say that this is my first smart phone, but I'm comfortable with the learning curve on new technology, so I didn't have any trouble learning the basics. This was also a change of service vendor for me, so some things are different depending on which company's setup you have. Probably the "basic" feature that threw me off the most was realizing that voice mail was an app, rather than having to call a phone number to retrieve messages. I love the size of the phone, which is a hot topic in the reviews. Evidently you either love the size or you don't care for it; I love it. There are so many great reviews from people who can compare this to other smart phone models, so I'll just end by saying that if you want a bigger screen and (back in the day) could program your VCR, you will love this phone. Plus, you can always ask a 10 year old to help you. Enjoy!
on April 24, 2013
Upon ordering this phone I had never actually used it and knew that it was infact 6 months old. With the pace that technology is currently speeding at, buying a new phone can be a very stressful task. But after doing lots of research I narrowed my search down to two phones. One being the HTC one and the second being the Note 2. The HTC one is very premium, and had a beautiful 1080P screen. However, what made me go with the note 2 (besides the big screen, very good specs,s pen and great price) was the software it had(touchwiz). Touchwiz on the note 2 is far more superior than HTC's sense. I had come from an Evo 3D so I was quite familiar with the foundation and basic features of sense. Sense is stale and takes away from the Android experience in my opinion. Touchwiz enhances the android experience with the s pen, multiwindow, great camera app, the personalization, and keyboard. These are very important aspects when buying a phone. The 720P screen is very vivid and beautiful, which was my concern when buying the note. It's very fast, has a great camera, and a massive screen. It is the perfect size to enable you to fit in your pocket with no problem and is very thin. The battery is phenomenonal too. Overall im happy that I will be spending the next 2 years with my new note especially with the deal amazon gives on new or upgrading customers. My recommendation is to buy it if you are considering you will not regret it!
on February 1, 2014
This has got to be the best phone I've ever owned. I temporarily got the new version (Note 3) and returned it in about a week. Don’t get me wrong, the Note 3 is a very nice and extremely capable phone. However, it came with one deal-breaking issue: display.

Note 2 will give those vibrant colors that just pop. Great for gaming and movies. The Note 3’s display is FULL HD but even with all that clarity, the colors look noticeably dull. The Note 2 has a 1280x800 display may not be as super clear but, it has great color representation.

I’d opt for the vivid color over the FULL HD display any day. Save some money and frustration, get yourself the Note 2. Btw, I got mine 9 months from when it was released and still have it.
on August 30, 2013
This phone is everything I wanted and more! The phone is obviously bigger than the standard android phone but it only took less than a day of holding it for it to fit comfortably. I am also very comfortable with the phone in my pocket. It fits all of the pockets easily. With my eyesight not being as good as it use to be, the screen is big enough for me to see. And watching movies and youtube on this phone is extremely nice. I don't feel like I have to squint to watch whatever is on the screen. My girlfriend loves when I send her more personalized messages from when I use the stylus. One of the biggest selling points for me is the battery. This thing comes with a huge battery so the battery life is very good. My previous phone's battery would get me maybe half a day before I have to charge it. This phone gets me through the whole day and then some. I am very glad that I had decided to purchase this phone!
on September 10, 2013
This phone is fantastic! Quite honestly this is the first smart I've ever had but wow am I ever impressed. It really can do almost anything. The feature I like best is the stylus. It makes certain tasks much easier than if I were to just use my fingers. I get a lot of ridicule as to how big my phone is but now that I've had it awhile, it just looks like a normal phone to me while all the others look tiny. Plus all those who've made fun of me, I'm finding out are secretly jealous and not impressed with their own choice of phone. The only word of caution would be to the Mac owner. As much as I like my Mac and as much as I like this phone I can't get them to communicate. They're just not on speaking terms I guess. There are ways around such obstacles but it would be nice if I could just hook up my phone to my computer and be done with it. Maybe one day I'll figure it out....
on December 11, 2013
I have nothing more to say. I have been using mobile phones since 1997 and this one is by far the most perfect phone I have ever had. It does everything it is supposed to do, and more. My husband has an iPhone and can barely see the screen to do anything more than send a text or make a call. For everything else he grabs my phone!

I will also take a moment to plug Sprint. Been using them since day-1 and have never had issue with service or support. By far the best plan rates on the market.
on April 24, 2017
Bought this as a replacement bc I cracked the screen in my original Note 2. After 2 months of using the power button no longer works so if the phone dies i won't be able to turn back on. Also can't restart now when it starts running slow. Waste of money!