Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 167 reviews(3 star, Verified Purchases). See all 2,579 reviews
on August 18, 2016
Meh... It's okay. It doesn't clip bad, but not great ether. It gets hot and is not as quiet as some others claim. I guess if your comparing it to horse clippers, then yes, it's relatively quiet. It seems to me to be the same clippers as they make for humans, but marketed toward dogs. I have a shih Tzu dog, fine hair, and the clippers bogged down a few times. I don't know how this could cut through thicker or curly dog hair. It's okay, It has lots of attachments, It's inexpensive, It's 3 stars.
on December 18, 2016
This trimmer is doing an ok job on my dog, who is a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier. I chose this kit b/c of the video, apron, scissors, and multiple combs. No scissors in the box. The apron is tiny and as thin as a sandwich baggie. The video was too general to be any help with either using the clipper or with learning how to groom my dog. The instructions fold out like a giant news paper, use tiny print, and are as helpful as the video. I've used the clippers twice on my dog and achieved a choppy look to the coat. Apparently plastics combs are good for a choppy, uneven cut. For someone who knows how to groom a dog, these clippers will probably disappoint. For someone who is learning to groom a dog, these will be a good place to start considering the fair price. They do a three star job. The extras in the kit do not make the kit a better bargain...except the case. The case is certainly a help.
on July 24, 2016
This appears to be and feels like a very well-made, super heavy-duty set of clippers. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I am unable to get the clippers to work on my long-haired cat (he has no tangles/mats and lays perfectly still while I clip), Anyway, had to pull up the hair with one hand and run the clippers through it, several times, with the other, just to get a little bit off at a time. Tried with different plastic guards and also without a guard (be careful about trying without a guard, especially if your pet won't sit still). Very little luck...was only able to shave a palm-sized patch on his back after about five minutes. At this rate, it will take several sessions to get him completely shaved. I have some Wahl clippers for human use, too. Interestingly, other than that these pet clippers seem to be more solidly built, there does not seem to be any difference between the human and pet blades... On a side note, the clippers come in a sturdy plastic box with high-quality color-coded plastic guards, scissors (I think), comb, cape (!!), and instructional DVD.
on June 6, 2017
I bought these to replace another Wahl pet clipper device that wore out. They're nice clippers, come with a lot of accessories, and are well-made and quieter than others I've used. I have 3 Shih Tzus each with different fur. The clippers work well on the two that have thinner hair, but they're a problem with the third Shih Tzu who has a thicker undercoat. They literally won't cut through his hair and make a horrific noise if I try. If your dogs have finer hair and lack a fluffy undercoat, then these will work great. If they have thick hair or an undercoat of any kind, you will need something with more power.
on September 23, 2015
Can't see the difference from my own personal trimmer with attachments. We have a 'Shorkie' and it takes a very long time to cut his fur/hair which is normally longer. Doesn't cut very well for our purposes and we probably could have saved money buying a regular household trimmer to obtain the same results. Not really blaming the trimmer, but perhaps the marketing is a little misleading. It is possible that this may work fine with certain types of fur, just not in our case. I would imagine that we would need to purchase something similar to that of a professional pet groomers trimmers in order to get the desired results. Just didn't want to spend the money on a set... so I guess it's back to the groomers!
on April 18, 2015
I bought this set for my Lhasa- Apso/ Shi-Tzu mix. While this model cuts great through most of her hair, it gets snagged on any small matts. The unit heats up pretty fast. It becomes burning hot to the touch after running for ten minutes. You will have to run in small sessions to avoid overheating. It was relatively quiet compared to a lot of other trimmers/clippers. It came apart easily for effective cleanup. The case and color coded guides are very handy. The ergonomic design cuts down on wrist fatigue.
on August 6, 2015
Having never bought clippers of any kind before, I was not sure what to expect. These work. They do the job, but they do heat up really quickly. When we feel the clippers are becoming too hot, we take a break, which is good for us as well as the dog! I feel the plastic is a little rough around the edges. It doesn't feel well finished though that might be standard for this kind of product. It comes in a good kit with some very useful accessories. We have a Labradoodle so not the easiest of dogs to work with. The DVD helped, but the rest was trial and error. We found that it was more effective to trim against the direction of hair growth when only taking a small amount off, otherwise, the guards just flatten the wool away from the blade and nothing comes off. Overall we are very happy with the product.
on February 21, 2016
If I were to buy another clipper, I would not buy this again, mainly because it's heavy! I have a small dog (shih-tzu) and because the clipper is quite heavy, it's hard to maneuver it. I also don't like the power on/off switch, it's hard to get to. The machine does cut well, although if your dog has fine hair, the blade gets clogged up so you need to clean it every now and then while you're cutting. The clipper is well made (sturdy) I just don't like the design and the weight.
on September 19, 2015
I have a small dog about 12-15 pounds. But this is too big to use for smaller dogs. It's just too wide and awkward. And it's probably one of the heaviest clippers I've ever held. It created large streaks through my dogs coat. Maybe because of the clip attachments being wide. This would be a great set of clippers for larger dogs. I'll continue to use it until it burns out. To me, it sounds like a normal pair of hair clippers. Not loud, but not quiet. The scissors that came with it are normal cheap scissors. But they do the job. Attachments clip on easily.
on July 24, 2017
Grooming an irish setter. It didn't give a close blend for the top of head. It was hard to determine how the blades lined up with other products like oster clippers where they have blade numbers like #7, #10, etc. They gave a much closer cut to the top of the head. I don't care for the plastic blades. But, for the price I guess I got what I paid for.