Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 10 reviews
on January 31, 2013
There were many things to like about this product, but the functionality of the keyboard made it unusable.
Things I found that I liked:
Battery life - probably average for this class machine
Software load: Not loaded with bloatware
Fit and Finish: Good - sturdy aluminum frame
Ran cool and relatively silently compared to an older laptop
Nice clear display
Performance: Acceptable but not significantly better than a four year old laptop based on my light workload requirements(spreadsheets, Word processing, Internet browsing, email) with up to perhaps six sessions running at once.
The thing that made it totally unacceptable:
Keyboard: chiclet style keyboard (found on more laptops these days) without a good tactile feel. Big issue was that my space bar key strikes would be missed about three times for each line of text typed. I found my hands cramped up while trying to position them in such a way that my key strikes would be registered. I worked with it for three weeks, then finally gave up and returned it.
I purchased another Asus machine a few weeks earlier as a gift (Asus - 15.6" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 320 GB Hard Drive-Model X54C-BBK19) for just under $300 and had a totally different experience after having the opportunity to work on it from time to time. It had an Intel I3 processor and only a 300GB drive (vs. an I5 processor and 500GB drive on this unit for a cost of around $450), The keyboard and general operation of the cheaper laptop was superlative. It ran quieter, while just as fast and the keyboard was totally different with no problems what so ever. A big factor in my purchase of both machines was that they both came loaded with Windows 7.
What I learned with this experience was how important the keyboard was to my satisfaction level with a laptop.
on September 25, 2013
I purchased this laptop for my daughter in order for her to do a on line college course. Within 45 days the plug on the machine broke. I sent it off and had it repaired. The company did a pretty fast repair. I told them of another defect on the machine that was the keyboard doesn't type all the right letters. They did not repair this. My daughter gets by with it. She purchased another laptop when this one was in the shop and between the two she can do her school work.
on March 27, 2013
I like the computer but the trackpad is too sensitive or something. I am always getting into some kind of zoom screen or scroll all the time. Other than that, for the price, it has everything I need. The camera is a little slow....that could be my connection though. I like the 10-key pad. I had to get used to typing on the left side of keyboard, but that only took a couple of days. So far so good. I have had it for over 3 months now.
on December 12, 2013
The computer is the just what we needed. Lightweaight , fast for the online gaming I do, and I love the cool gel hand rest for the long hours I do spend gaming. Would very much recommend this product to anyone.
on February 6, 2013
Computer keyboard layout is awesome. You have an actual numeric keypad very strategically placed. Runs great on Windows 7. Using it for business, so I did not upgrade to Windows 8 because of so many incompatibility issues with current programs.
on January 23, 2016
GLAD I PICKED THIS ONE
on June 5, 2013
THIS IS MY SECOND ATTEMPT TO WRITE A REVIEW.
THIS MOUSE PAD HAS A MIND OF ITS OWN.
IT WILL SCROLL OR CHANGE SIZE WITHOUT WARNING.
THE MOUSE ACTUALLY GETS HUNG UP ON LINKS ON THE PAGE.
THIS IS THE MOST FRUSTRATING COMPUTER I HAVE EVER USED !!!
on February 27, 2013
added another 4GB of RAM but that was a personal choice. It was fast enough right out of the box.
on January 11, 2013
The speakers on this are horrible, the keyboard is a complete pain. The space bar has to be hit really hard and doesnt work half the time. The computer is pretty slow overall. I am keeping it only because I need it for school and cant afford to do an exchange. The mouse also has no side slider like I am used to on every other computer I have owned. I have had dell computers that worked better than this one does with more bang for the buck. It also freezes a lot already and lags. Hopefully it will last for the next year until I can get a new one!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.