Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Columbia Women's Bugaboot Snow Boot
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

on February 26, 2015
I've had these boots for about a week now and I have to say that I love them. I was so excited to find them here and wanted to try them out for a weekend of sledding and snowshoeing.

I was nervous about the fit when reading some of the reviews. I typically wear a 6.5 shoe and have a pair of Columbia hiking shoes that are a 6.5 so I ordered a 6.5 despite the reviews about the fit being small. They fit just fine, same as my hiking shoes.

I wore them out both Saturday and Sunday for some sledding and snowshoeing. They worked out great. My feet didn't get wet at all despite tumbling through the snow on some saucers and walking through 8 inches of snow so I would say they're definitely waterproof.

The ankle support is great for anything you'd want boots for. The first time I put them on I tied them too tight and couldn't bend my ankles at all. Now I just tie them a little loose and they're fine for walking around. I wear them all day to work and don't tire. When I first put them on I thought they were heavy but then I realized I was comparing them to my hiking shoes. These don't feel any heavier than any other boot I've had. They're lighter than the last pair I had but those were much clunkier.

Plan on wearing tall socks with these. I normally would anyway but one day I tried them on with regular ankle socks. There's a seam along the tongue of the boot that was irritating my skin since there was no longer a layer in between. Not a huge deal, just something you might want to know. However, if you are thinking about wearing wool socks with these, that's probably not necessary. They are rated to below freezing (-25°F, -32°C) so they are plenty warm by themselves. My feet, normally freezing in my cold office, have been fine all week with just regular socks.

They took a little getting used to for driving but that's compared to a non-boot. I drive a standard and would have trouble with the clutch if I tied them as tight as they can go but I like them a little looser to give me more movement about the ankle.

These seem to be well constructed. Everything appears to be stitched down tight. There's a loop on the back, either for hanging them up or pulling them on. I don't worry about it coming off as it seems to be stitched down fairly well (see pic). Overall, I would definitely recommend these boots for cold weather use, even being out in the snow.
review image
on February 8, 2015
I live in New York. So winter are tough. The day I recieved the boot, there was a snow storm. The boots were slightly heavy, warm, waterproof and the grip is great on ice. I can wear 2 thick socks and still have room. I usually wear a size 8 but I got these in 8.5 based on the review. They make my feet look huge.
review image review image
on November 26, 2013
these boots are great...warm and comfy and they do have great support. I usually take a 9 or 9 1/2 and ordered a 10 just for safety and thick socks and these fit perfect. perfect for boston nor easters!!
on November 4, 2014
I had a pair of size 8 Columbia winter hiking boots that are a few years old and very similar to these and wanted another pair for hiking in the winter. My old boots look almost exactly like these and they run a bit large so after reading all the posts about how these boots seem to run small I figured I'd be safe getting these in an 8.5. Nope. Got the size 8.5 and while they did fit they were too snug for my left foot, which tends to be a bit bigger and determines what size I get in shoes. Forget about wearing thick socks with them. After walking around in them I decided that I couldn't live with them comfortably.

Fortunately it's very easy to return things with Amazon. Just a matter of repacking everything, going on their website and printing a return shipping label, then going to the local UPS store to drop them off. I got my refund the next day and ordered another pair in size 9. I've never worn a size 9 in my life so YES, THESE BOOTS RUN SMALL. My advice: Order a full size up from what you normally wear and be sure you keep the packaging they came in. Try them on as soon as you get them and make sure they are comfortable. They DO run small.

I got my size 9s and they fit great. Very comfortable and seem to be warm. Look forward to wearing them this winter.
on December 25, 2013
I usually wear a 9.5 or 10 and went with a 9.5 and they fit like a charm. I was worried when I first put them on because they were snug and a bit stiff and uncomfortable. After a day or so they were broken in and they are the best boots I've ever had. I live in central NY and we get crazy lake-effect snow and I really trust these boots to keep my feet in good condition. They definitely keep my feet warm and they're comfortable and supportive. Worth the price and I'll buy another pair of these boots if I ever wear mine out.
on May 10, 2015
TOO SMALL. Order the next size up. I wear a US size 7 1/2 (EUR 38) but I knew they ran small from trying a pair in a store. Store didn't have my size in stock and couldn't promise a delivery date, so I took a chance and ordered the size 8 (EUR 39) from Amazon. I LOVE THESE BOOTS! The size 8 fits beautifully and these are the best winter boots I've ever owned. Have had them thru 4 months of the worst Michigan weather and they're awesome. The thick lining sort of breathes as it flexes while you move, so my feet did not get all wet and cold from perspiration. Quality of construction is also excellent.
on September 14, 2015
I want to keep these SO BADLY but they just aren't going to work out for me. I have pretty solid calves and the back of the shaft digs into my calf a little bit, just enough to be uncomfortable. They're also pretty snug in the foot and I did buy my regular size, but other than the shaft I think they would have been wearable. Unfortunately at this price point and after my experience with going through multiple pairs of boots last winter, I'm not ready to risk it. These are relatively heavy because they're mostly molded, you're not going to mistake them for a down-filled puffy boot.
on June 23, 2014
Bought these for our daughter who is spending the year in Montana. We visited Yellowstone NP and had a good snowfall and windy condtions our second day there. She wore the boots our day in Yellowstone and was very happy with how they fit and kept her nicely warm. Nice lightweight boots for something so warm.
on November 23, 2015
They look HUGE, but actually run small. I followed other reviewers advice and ordered a half size larger. When I got them out of the box, I thought they would be enormous, but the way my foot fits inside the boot is really good. The tread is wider and longer that the shoe bed which is good for traction and support. They are a bit heavy. The top of the back "collar" hits my calves. I do have muscular calves, and the boot just hits the bottom, but it is enough for me to notice. With heavy socks, it hasn't been an issue. Tying the top a bit looser helps, too. Just be aware of this if you have strong legs! I haven't experienced extreme snow or cold, but I expect they'll be very good. I'll update once I've had a chance to wear them all day snowshoeing!
on January 9, 2015
I live in Minnesota - we had a temp of -35 with windchill yesterday - and take the bus to work every day. I stand at my bus stops for 5-15 minutes, depending on the day, and my feet are never cold. I've also worn these to an outdoor football game, and was glad I had them. My toes did get a little chilly by the end of the game, but I think that is mostly from bad circulation after standing in one spot for so long - kind of unavoidable and I don't blame the boots.

Very happy with these!