Showing 1-10 of 27 reviews(5 star). See all 40 reviews
on December 15, 2016
Handy grommet punch. I have plenty of grommet setup installers. From bench to hand held but none of my dies are for "self piercing" groms. So I got this for my collection. The bad, the head is off center but when you squeeze it it pulls it on center. The spot weld that holds this alongment is so tiny that I will either wait until this weld breaks or just cut the weld then re weld IN PLACE to align it. I wish at least one side of the head would have been magnetic (I'm not sure I can msg. The head myself, but will try). The "squeeze" facter is high so it might impact tight spot use. I'll keep it , if nothing else you get 500 pelf piercing nic-plated grommets. These alone are the price of this deal... the tool is just a bonus. So the tool is the ADD on part of this deal.
***UPDATE*** I apologize about the head not being magnetic it is and holds the furnished groms very good. The dies are wearing smoother but still off center. Over all, did pretty good. On 9mil poly tarp I did get some puckering
2nd UPDATE... I've been using for awhile now and am thinking of a second batch of these "self piercing" grommets. I've started using the 1" wide "two sided tape" for FOLDING my edges on my tarps and that has ELIMINATED ALMOST ALL of the puckering! I'm really starting to Ike thiS grommet installer over my other hand grommet setters.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
7 people found this helpful
on November 8, 2017
Purchasing this grommet punch was a lifesaver for us this year when making skirting for our RV out of 9 oz. billboard tarp vinyl. It was very easy to use and saved us a lot of time that we spent last year with a hammer and the tiny grommet punch that came with the grommets we bought. I wasn’t sure how many grommets we would need for our project but the amount that came with this punch ended up being way more than enough to put holes along the top and bottom of our skirting for our 38 foot fifth wheel.
on May 8, 2017
Company wanted to charge me $5 per banner to put grommets in - I had 50 banners - purchased this - took me about two hours to punch 9 grommets in 50 banners - will hold on to for future use - great deal.
2 people found this helpful
on December 29, 2014
If you don't own this, you should. I have made signs on the side for years and used pound in grommets. NEVER again. I would have paid 5 times more for this if I could have put my hands on it and used it. I have used it on billboard banner material folded 2 ply (even on a seam) and on corplast. It cuts right through and sets the grommet effortlessly. Buy this gadget. You will never regret.
9 people found this helpful
on April 26, 2017
excellent product, used it immediately with good results
One person found this helpful
on March 3, 2018
Does the job very easily. No deep thinking required, I like that.
on July 13, 2016
Used this to add additional drainage holes to a gazebo canopy to prevent it from pooling in the canopy. It's so easy and worked perfectly.
One person found this helpful
on June 22, 2018
Works perfectly. punched right through a tough tent fabric.
on December 4, 2017
My wife thinks this is the best tool I own. It does a great job! (She was raised in a sheep camp)
on February 4, 2018
works as it should quick shipping