Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Wonderstruck PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 25, 2013
My Acer gave out. But Acers are starting to rise in price so when I came across this, I gave it a long look and then bought it. Screen is sharp and clear but a bit marginal if you're into HD. The OD is dual layer super multi, but won't manage blu ray. Speakers are the best I've heard on a laptop. Keyboard is okay. I'd say really good if the right shift key weren't abbreviated in order to accommodate the number pad. The negatives? One. Not nearly enough USB ports. I've got a Belkin USB 2.0 4-Port Ultra-Mini Hubfor USB2 but not 3 so I'll be putting more money in it eventually. Still, it's very good computer at a very reasonable price and what else can you ask for?

5/27/2013 I just discovered another plus. Win 8 forces you (at the moment) to hover your mouse near the upper right of your screen in order to bring up what replaces the start menu. This Asus X55A computer has an upgraded touch-pad that allows you to swipe solving a vexing irritant (Hovering to find controls). I now raise my rating to 4.8 because 1 USB 2.0 and one v3.0 are simply not enough unless you have hubs or a fancy external monitor with additional ports. For this "frugal" shopper, that's a serious negative.
on September 5, 2013
For the price, it's unbeatable. It's thin, light, and has a great battery life. It has had no problems running anything yet, except Knights of the Old Republic 2, but that's because the game is old and I need to find some sort of compatibility fix. I have had no problems running the 3D modelling software known as Blender. It's also very pretty. The keys are responsive and the entire mouse pad clicks which makes it very easy to drag and drop stuff and use internet (a laptop first).

No disk drive though. That means it's borderline impossible to fix the true problem with this thing. Windows 8. The OS is such a terrible mess. I shouldn't have to use a search function to open notepad or calculator. The start button was kind of essential. I tried installing Ubunutu and Windows 7, but due to changes in how Windows 8 boots, Ubuntu can't work. Windows 7 can get some of the way, but you have to make a custom install image because it doesn't natively have USB 3 drivers, so your usb install stick won't work after the first install reboot.

So, as I said above, the hardware is fantastic. The OS is crap. If I had known that it would be almost impossible to remove Windows 8 I would not have bought this computer.
on September 3, 2013
This laptop is a great buy especially if you need one that is affordable. The only problem I have with it is there is only 2 USB ports
on April 19, 2015
Great Computer! And a great bargain! Thank you!
on October 12, 2014
Love this! I owned one previous to this purchase and I am totally glad I got this one again.
on September 4, 2013
Great little PC it was the best price for me. I was looking for a simple PC to do the basic
on November 22, 2014
excellent laptop. excellent battery life.
on November 6, 2013
I love my laptop great value. This exceeded my expectations. If your looking for more bang for your buck this will give it to you.
on October 17, 2013
I like the ASUS design; somehow it stays cool. Very powerful and great for my college freshman. I would buy another!
on January 26, 2014
The laptop itself seems to be ok (bought for wife as gift). Windows 8 is a pain in ass to navagate through. I she would have told me at first how she hated it, I would have probably returned it. I think we will install windows 7 on it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.