Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 24, 2016
I have these knives and have used them for over a decade. They replaced my Chicago walnut handles which had chipping blades and splitting handles. I have two with handles melted from my own carelessness (but I still use them) and I've added to my colllection with a few other pieces. These particular knives are German steel made in Spain. I bought this set (plus a few other pieces) for my son and daughter-in-law. Best intersection of quality and value in a kitchen knife. Make sure to inspect the description before buying. It's getting harder and harder to find this particular set. I don't want knives from China and I can't afford the ones from Germany.
on November 16, 2017
Overall pretty happy with the set. We've had it almost 2 years now. We do need to sharpen the knives. We use the chef's knife and the paring knife the most. The scissors are very good.
on September 12, 2013
I returned my J.A. Henckels International "Forged Premio" 18 piece set because the knives were too flimsy. While this J.A. Henckels International "Classic" set has only 16 pieces for about the same price, the knives overall are much heavier. In fact, they are fabulous! I bought this knife set for a rental house, and I know my renters will really LOVE these knives! I also prefer to do business with Amazon versus their merchants, as Amazon makes returning/exchanging very simple!
29 helpful votes
30 helpful votes
on December 28, 2014
Great knife set and block. I wanted a good set and this does almost all that I need it to do. The steak knives are sharp and neutral in the hand, the paring knife is my most uses and I've only had to sharpen it a few times for a lot of use. I do wish that the set came with a bread knife for the price, instead of using an old farberware one from a previous set.
on August 31, 2015
This is a great set of knives. I upgraded to this set after having used a budget block of Chicago Cutlery serrated knives For several years and the difference is phenomenal. They slice through tomatoes like butter. I have been using them for several months now and they keep their edge nicely. The first photo is shown without the steak knives which are included. Do yourself a favor and upgrade!
review imagereview image
on December 8, 2013
Sharp and pretty. I always wash by hand as it recommends. Dry promptly and replace in wood, to prevent rusting
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on October 24, 2016
Love these, so much nicer than my previous store brand set. I've had these almost a year now, I even put them thru the dishwasher and they are holding up great. Have them on my counter in the wood block and they look fantastic.
on June 5, 2017
Terrific knife set at a great price
on February 29, 2016
i looked at knife sets for the longest time before deciding on this set. my fiance and i could not be happier with these. they come in a beautiful block with a few spaces for other knives you may have. the steak knives are really good too.
on May 14, 2014
These knives are exactly what I expected. I purchased them as a gift for my mother and she loves them. Really nice hardwood block and the handles on the knives are nice and heavy. I would recommend these to anyone looking for a really nice set of kitchen knives at a reasonable price.