Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Luke Bryan STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on March 24, 2016
I can't rave enough about this monitor. I primarily use it for photo editing (Lightroom/Photoshop). The 4K resolution and color are truly amazing. I also do some mild gaming and have no complaints either. This is connected to a single Nvidia 970 card through DisplayPort 1.2. Just remember, to get 60Hz refresh rate, you have to enable it on the monitor. The cost is high, but you really do get what you pay for.
on July 8, 2016
Does it have backlight bleed? Yes. Mine has a fair amount. But I asked myself whether I can actually detect it when the monitor is in normal use (i.e. when the image isn't black) and, well, I can't. So doesn't matter too much. Still, one star off for that considering the price.

Other than that, the monitor is superb. So many connection options. Have both an Xbox and a PC connected and switching is pretty easy (wish there was an even faster way than the menu, though). Comes with an assortment of cables (although no DP-to-DP cable but instead only a DP-to-MiniDP one which you can swap depending on whether the source is DP or MiniDP; wish it had a normal DP-to-DP cable). The controls are done well. Speakers are really decent for built-in ones. Image quality is great. Colors are crisp and the image is sharp.
on April 11, 2014
I bought this ASUS 27-Inch Screen LCD Monitor after a lot of online research. I have a LaCie 324 that I use for high-definition image development and processing. I really like the monitor, but I needed a second monitor to use next to it. I bought the Asus thinking it would be my secondary monitor.

After using it for just two days, I moved it into the primary monitor position. The resolution and colors in the 2560 pixel mode are really good. It also warms up to full brightness much faster than the LaCie.

My only problem is the amount of space I now have to traverse with my cursor when going from one corner of the Asus to the opposite side/corner of the LaCie. It is a lot of mouse movement, but I love the amount of viewing space that I now have.
on March 6, 2015
Originally bought this to pair with my 13" MBP. According to all specs it should have worked fine with it, but from the beginning it was having trouble with loosing the signal. I returned it once and got a replacement that had the same probable. I contacted ASUS support and they had no ideas on how to even troubleshoot it. I was suspicious that it was my MBP's graphics card just not able to handle the resolution, when doing things like photo editing and such. Once I got a new iMac and paired it with that, I stopped having issues and it is working great.

I use it for photo and video editing.

4 Stars is just my experience with their support people not being very helpful. Otherwise I like the monitor a lot.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 18, 2016
This is a beautiful monitor. I am a photographer who specializes in photojournalistic weddings, and I run this monitor off my MacBook Pro to edit my photos in Lightroom. The size is just right and the clarity and colors are gorgeous. I got mine as an Amazon Warehouse Deal with "less than 5% damage" to the top of the monitor, and I have yet to find a single scratch or blemish. It came repackaged in its original Asus packaging with all parts and cables included. This was an excellent deal, and I would definitely recommend this monitor to anyone interested in a high quality viewing experience for photographs, video, or gaming.
on June 27, 2016
My favorite monitor to date for photography, page layout, video editing, and computer based training authoring.. Great for working within the Adobe RGB color space as it come very close to covering that entire space. Approximate 100% coverage of sRGB is very useful when performing video editing or CBT authoring.
on May 31, 2014
Also very please with the picture it produces, especially if you feed it a 10-bit signal (I use the Blackmagic Design "mini monitor" for this).
I also get the infamous high pitch power supply whine, but only when I turn the display off using the front button, while leaving the rear-bottom power supply switch on. While the monitor is actually being used, I don't notice any noise. To me, this is a very unprofessional characteristic. Also, note well, I am using an uninterruptible power supply with power conditioning, so this does not seem to be a dirty-power issue.

But I am still thankful to Asus for making such a great 10-bit display at such a good price, so I am willing to go to the trouble of reaching my arm into a strange u-shape to get to the that switch every time I power it down.

Still, these stories about the poor customer service are not encouraging. Asus should be sending out replacements, or at least replacement power supplies with instructions, if it is possible to replace it ourselves, or perhaps sending out rebates to people with this issue. The simple fact is, their website says that this was built for the professional environment, and that is simply false, even though it does its job well as a monitor.
on April 18, 2016
Very good display! It has a plethora of input options and comes with all the required cords. Since it's unlikely that you'll need all the cords you can sell the extras.

One downside is that sound should not be routed through these monitors. I found doing so resulted in a lot of static.
on June 24, 2015
Monitor has trouble turning on sometimes. This monitor is just what we needed to make sure we are color matching correctly. I had some trouble hooking this monitor up with DisplayPort because I didn't realize I was plugging the computer into the monitor's DisplayPort OUTPUT instead of INPUT. The DisplayPort input is hidden behind the stand. Keep in mind that some DisplayPort monitors can be daisy chained (because I sure forgot).
on July 27, 2014
I am a digital artist. This monitor works extremely well out of the box. It most definitely needs to be recalibrated. As an artist you will need to lower the brightness to roughly 80 cd/mm*2. That brightness level is also as low as my unit would go while using the iRite software. The reason to lower the brightness is because monitors project light, while printers produce art that reflects light. When taking an image and editing it within the PC using a monitor the added brightness of a common monitor setting would ruin an artist's judgement of what gradients are being edited. Using 80 cd/mm^2 allows the view of the image in a print to be very close to the view of an image on the monitor for editing.The controls take only a minute or two to figure out. The size of the monitor is terrific. My only small criticism would be the on/off button. They should make that button clearer. Perhaps putting a spot of paint on the button or building it with a different color than the black frame surrounding the screen. I greatly appreciate working with this excellent monitor. The price is relatively inexpensive considering. I kept my costs down by not ordering the 27" version. I did not need the larger monitor.