Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 49 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 52 reviews
on April 12, 2015
It's all right for the price. If you just need to to browse the internet and get some (school) work done every now and again then this model is fine. But if you want something fast, reliable and that will last you (hopefully) more that 4 years then this isn't the best.
I've had it for almost two years now and it's started to give me some problems.
It does not get better with time.
It freezes up, it's slow, it feels a bit flimsy at the base.
Why is it always doing updates?? It's like every other day it alerts me that there are updates to be done.
I can't seem to change the settings correctly to make this thing actually remain on sleep. I've tried everything. When I change the settings the computer starts up again after 20 minutes, is on for 20 minutes then falls asleep again, repeating the cycle.
I keep the computer on hibernate now but that just causes a slow down of the entire system after start up.
It has a nice display but audio sucks. Even at the highest level it can easily be drowned out.
Point is that if you want something for basic use, this one is fine.
But if you expect it to last a while and you can afford something a $100 more, skip this one.
on August 16, 2014
I am a Samsung owner of most electronics, from the S5, S3, tablets, and more. So, I was disappointedly surprised that my laptop was not close in comparison to my other toys. My primary concern about this item was the inconsistency of it working. Whenever I would turn it on, it would simply have a black screen. Troubleshooting directions would prompt me to unplug everything, take out the battery, and wait. This is not fun on a weekly basis. It's pretty annoying actually. And ironically, whenever I would try to connect with customer service to seek help, I would ALWAYS be disconnected. How's that for customer service :( So I do not recommend this product to anyone. I would wait for them to work out the kinks and opt for another version.
on January 22, 2015
This was the worst computer that I've ever owned and I'm VERY disappointed that Amazon would promote this product in any way. Last month a mandatory Samsung update ran on the computer (you don't get to choose to stop it) and there was a glitch that caused my entire computer to shut down. I contacted Samsung and they said they were aware and there was a recall but that window was closed so I would have to pay them several hundred dollars to get something fixed that they 100% acknowledged was their fault. Most disappointed that Amazon had this promoted as a good product when I purchased, totally not worth the paper weight the computer now is!!!!
on October 29, 2013
I waited for a week or so before writing this review. Just so I had a chance to check out this machine. It's really nice. The intel i3 is quick and stable. The other features are nice. I was going to upgrade the ram to 8gb. But so far I don't think I have to. The machine is running just fine.
A lot of folks list their disgust with win 8. I took a couple of hours to cruise through win 8. It's just a typical windows OS. It has all the same features as XP, Vista, and 7. They might be in a different place or called a different name. But they are still there. Win 8.1 wasn't pre installed and so far I can't find a need to download 3.2gb upgrade to the os. I talked to a Geek at Best Buy, he said the download would take between 1 and 4 hours. Just my luck my ISP would have down time and the download would screw up my laptop.
There is not a lot of bloat ware on the computer. I removed Norton and installed Bitdefender without a problem. The computer set up did take some time. There are about 700mb's of win. updates, and Samsung has a bunch of their own. I did not uninstall any of the bloat ware until all the updates were done. But the uninstall was routine.
So of the build features on the laptop seem a little cheap but maybe that's just me.
I would recommend the computer to you, buying from TigerDirect is always a good idea. They have excellent customer service. I got the laptop in just three days after ordering.

11.9.13 UPDATE; I've had a chance to use this laptop for a while now. I really like it and Win8. I won't be updating to win8.1 anytime soon, or increasing the ram to 8gb. If you need a new laptop you can't go wrong with this laptop or with the price.
on September 3, 2014
I waited about a month before I decided to write this. So when I first got the lap top It was pretty slow, then over the next week or two it just became worse and worse to the point that I basically couldn't use it. every time I opened it up it would freeze and everything would say this program is not responding. Then I deleted as much stuff off it as I could and that helped a little bit, but not much. So then I did a whole bunch of updates on it and now it works great. now it is just like any other laptop. I love it and it is great for school. The windows 8 isn't that much of a change from windows 7, especially since I basically just use it for the internet anyways. There are a lot of apps that you can get from the windows app store, but I have found that usually the apps don't work that well and they slow down your computer, so I avoid most of those. Also apps like pandora, facebook, youtube, google, pinterest, twitter, are unnecessary because you can just go to those on the internet, so you don't really need the apps for them. I would recommend this product.
P.S. It is a huge finger print magnet!
on January 13, 2014
I really love this laptop! It's super-fast, plays videos and DVDs perfectly, and is so easy to use! The added bonus is the anti-glare screen. I have sensitive eyes and this screen is so comfortable I can go online for hours with no discomfort. Highly recommended!
on September 3, 2014
This has been a great laptop so far. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about Windows 8 because it is really focused on 'apps' and more like a tablet than a laptop but overall my experience has been great. The battery lasts for a couple hours, which is nice, and it isn't too heavy. The screen is large enough to watch movies or play games. Overall, I've been happy with the purchase and would definitely purchase another Samsung computer in the future.
on December 1, 2013
Great machine for the money. Super light, fast, intuitive to use. Getting used to the keyboard - a little touchy sometimes. Windows 8 was new to me, but I am getting the hang of it. Bought it for the portability and to get some light work done, but I also let the kids use it for homework and games. Am considering getting another just like it.
on December 7, 2014
It's ok I guess, as long as you like Windows 8 and a low to mid range laptop....which I don't. Windows updates have helped out quite a bit, but this thing ran at a snail pace out of the box. I wouldn't buy it again, but at the time, the price was right.
on December 2, 2014
This WAS the worst computer I had ever owned in my life, and I have owned a Gateway. It was constantly slow and needed hard reboots daily. Froze constantly and would just go black. Horrible computer for any purpose. I do not recommend this laptop for any one! It didn't even last one single year.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.