Salon Beauty Summer Reading Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on January 1, 2018
This shoe, if you can find it, is great for an overweight runner who is just getting back into it. It is as if I am running on water or clouds as I cannot sense gravity. I have noticed negative reviews and I must point out that this is my second pair and I have never paid this much for running shoes but these are well worth the price because they save your body from impact. I still have my first pair from 2 years ago that I use for activities that have me on my feet a long time like painting a room or something like that as they are worn out for heavy impacting use. I ran in fresh powder snow in Illinois to sand on the beach in Los Angeles and they prove to be a great terrain shoe. Yes, they are bulky in comparison to sleek runners but they also carry a heavy load with much support when you need that sort of thing. Very sturdy and supportive shoe when you want those qualities.
on June 6, 2016
These are my second pair of Wave Prophecy shoes and probably my tenth pair of Mizunos. Most of my other Mizuno running shoes have been Wave Creations. I run about 12-15 miles a week and down to two half marathons a year. I bought these shoes after having a great experience with my first pair and wearing them out. I read reviews on these and found the same issues as other reviewers posted. The seam near the bottom of the laces were rubbing and cutting into the top of my right foot near the little toe. It appears there is a clear plastic "welded" seam in this area. I never experienced this issue with any other pair of Mizunos before. It really became a problem and made the shoes very difficult to use. I tried different socks and loosening the laces, but nothing worked. I took the drastic step of cutting the material around this seam. I was hoping the synthetic material would hold together even after a cut was made in a stressed area. Thankfully, after two cuts, each about a half inch long was made in this area the rubbing problem was solved. Also, the shoe has not had any issues coming apart even after about 100 miles of running. I attempted to identify the areas to cut by lacing up and bending the shoe to find where the material experienced the most stress.

I hope Mizuno has corrected this issue in the more recent Prophecy series. I do like the shoes after I made my modification, but I don't feel that I should have to "hack" my running shoes to make them usable (especially considering how Mizuno has priced the Prophecy models.)
3 people found this helpful
on July 3, 2015
Best running shoes ever. Yes, Best ever. I have been running since I was a kid and log at least 25/week and sometimes much more. I am 5'10, 225 pounds and 46 years old. As someone whose primary physical activity is lifting weights I know that I need a good shoe to protect my knees and back when running so am not afraid to spend a couple extra dollars to do it. The fit is excellent, I bought the Prophecy 2 when they came out and it got me running more because I have less stress on my body. They embrace the arch as you tighten them up but also have enough stretch that you can use the same shoe for interval training and for long run days(my feet usually stress shoes after 5 miles). My prophecy 2 are still going strong and have over 1000? miles on them and that is from a heavy dude pounding them. Great toe box, have lost toe nails before (consistently) with other shoes but not with these.
2 people found this helpful
on January 6, 2015
So I'm 245 lbs. and run usually between 15-25 miles/week and I have been searching for a long distance runner that didn't break down half way through my run. Now, I'm not going to bash the other brands I've used because I realize a 245 lb man is going to break shoes quite easily, but I gotta give credit where credit is due.

These shoes will absorb a ton of impact as well as give you a slight forward propulsion. They run very comfortably and clean. I never felt like the shoes were absorbing my momentum to much and slowing me down, I actually cut 12/ seconds /mile off my regular pace my first run. I might have been a little bit pumped up because they were new, but after a few more runs of solid cuts off my time I realized these shoes were legit.

If you are a long distance runner over 200 lbs. I gotta suggest these bad boys.

Thanks for reading
2 people found this helpful
on May 29, 2015
These shoes are perfect, my foot used to hurt with my old sneakers, but ever since I got these sneakers, I can run, walk etc. in them all day. I would not recommend these if you plan to stand still a lot as the bottom of it is tough to provide the extra cushion bounce for running purposes solely, but if you are going to be active throughout the day these are perfect for running/walking. My feet hurt as I wore them one day when I had to stand still for few hours at the time, helping with our baby's birth. For something like that you need shoes with a spongy cushion. These are for active people, so on casual fridays at work, I have a desk job, I can wear these all day then switch to shorts etc later and go on for a run/walk in the neighborhood. The color is awesome too!
on March 26, 2015
This shoe saved my Achilles tendons from eternal pain that I have had for the last 3 years with various shoes and added heel cups. This is the first pair of shoes I have been able to run with without using heel cups in years and I LOVE THEM. I haven't had any knee pain whatsoever using them either. The shoe has a whole bunch of technology in it and the advertising department at mizuno makes it plain to everyone as soon as they open the box to a bunch of pamphlets about how cool their new shoes are. The neatest thing about these shoes (besides seriously saving running as a sport for me since I can do it now without destroying my Achilles) is that the soles propel you forward while you run. It is a hard sensation to explain but it feels like you are gliding while running. The ride is ultra dampened and smooth on these fellas.

Lets get a few things straight though: these are not good trail shoes because you have absolutely no terrain feel due to the complex soles. They are also very heavy for running shoes. Because of these two things, I would highly recommend you stop by a local shoe store and try them on for a few laps down the aisles to make sure you know what you are getting into. Personally, I think everyone should have a pair of zero-drop no sole trail shoes and a pair of highly designed road shoes to lessen the impact. I love both types of running but have come to the conclusion that there is no shoe that can do both without severely injuring you.
on February 15, 2015
I am a runner and I have been running with these shoes for the last 4 years. I recently switched to the Mizuno Wave Paradox when they came out due to the style and I made a mistake. I ran with the Paradox for a year and they are a great shoe but I am glad I switched back to these. Like the other Prophecy, these feel a bit loose due to design but you will not notice it when you run. They may also be heavier than the normal shoe (Nike comes to mind) but that is due to their awesome support and comfort. No one reading this will ever be an Olympic runner but please do not sacrifice your ankles for a lighter weight shoe. They may help in the short run but these will be with you the entire long run. Very nice shoe and I cannot wait to go for another run!
on January 29, 2015
It is a good product. BUT it lasts only up 3 months for me. The end of heel-sole last very little because the rubber is too soft making it wears out too fast . On the second month, I could feel that the balance was not right and was causing knee pain. It occurred on both pair of Wave Prophecy 3 have. The rest of them look totally new although not good for a run.

It was not the way I was running (130-150 km/ 80-95 miles every month). I run for a long time, and had many with shoes that lasted much longer. So I am not an occasional runner.
5 people found this helpful
on November 28, 2014
I am very thankful to have bought these. All my life I've suffered knee aches during and after running, but after running with these bad boys (having already been running with my previous shoes) I immediately noticed almost a floating sensation. It felt un real actually. I did a 1.5mi run 56sec faster with these, initial use. I put in about 18mi a week. I'm 203lbs 71in tall. Needless to say, I will be purchasing another pair of these when time comes. As far as shin splints, I do unfortunately suffer from those.. still. However, the impact on my knees being nothing has me hooked. I am currently waiting on a pair of Sof Sole performance inserts, which I also purchased on amazon. There were comments about ventilation issues; I personally haven't had an issue with that, especially on 6mi runs. But I normally slap on some gold bond before running. If you have knee aches when you run, these are meant for you. Also, these are my first pair of Mizuno shoes.
on June 14, 2015
I have bad knees and shin splints - 1st time buying these - VERY, VERY, VERY light and cumfy. 3 weeks using them - 99% knee pain is gone and 95% shin spins gone - I have bought other Mizuno and they have lasted 2 to 3 times longer than other running shoe - I hope this one do too. 1 down side - little narrow in the heals and I am still getting blisters longer than I would normally get with new running shoes. Still band aids do the trick. They are still worth every penny!
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.