Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 110 reviews(4 star, Verified Purchases). See all 777 reviews
on June 12, 2016
Background: I have several moles on my face, so I cannot use a manual razor blade. I used to trim my beard once or twice a month. I now must clean shave almost daily so I looked for new options.

Pros: This shaver is very gentle on the skin. I get a a nice visually acceptable clean shaven look without much irritation. By the way, I do not use shaving cream. I use this dry, although it can be used in the shower or with your favorite foam. No problem with any of my moles. The beard is "stored" in a compartment. Easy to clean too.

Cons: I am not completely smooth, so you might "scratch" someone when you kiss them. Maybe it is just my beard or the way I shave, but with my hands I can feel a slight sand paper feeling. Though I must admit that with a normal razor blade I still felt something similar. Also, it takes a couple of minutes to shave, maybe 5-10. The trimmer is very good, but it scratched my face a bit when I used it in the lowest level. Be careful! It takes some space because of the charger, cable, and trimmer. But it still is portable.

To sum up, I highly recommend this shaver. It is gentle on my face and gives a very well groomed look. The trimmer is useful. I could not get a completely smooth feeling. But I have tried it for a few days, so maybe you get better with practice or with shaving foam.

Final advice: There are too many different Norelcos and it gets confusing. This one has a decent price-quality balance. I do not think the more expensive ones are better.
on March 13, 2017
The top section pops off easily enough to rinse and clean, however, after using it for several months, it doesn't click back on, one of the teeth broke off. I can still manage to shave with it, but I feel it should be a little more robust for the price.
on April 19, 2017
The 1st time I used this shaver it was as close as a razor. Since then I'd say that although I'm still getting a decent shave, it doesn't work as well as the 1st shave. Not sure why. But certainly it's a great razor. The battery lasts a long time and it's pretty easy on the skin.
on March 2, 2017
Great razor! I've had many through the years and this one ranks up near the top. It could cut a little better, but does a pretty good job of giving a close shave.
on December 27, 2016
Like the shaver but the docking station for the charger sucks.
on June 17, 2016
I bought this Razor while I was in Afghanistan. It works pretty well. It did take my skin some getting used to it, but after I adjusted to the razor, it did a good job. I really like that you can use it in the shower too. Although once the razor head gets wet, it sticks to dry skin and it seems harder to shave. The little hair trimmer is good for manscaping. I don't really use it much though.

Overall, I would recommend this razor.
on October 7, 2016
Update: The part where you press to shave, just breaks apparently. This occurred through normal use... And I don't even shave that often. I can still press the button to turn it on, but it hurts my thumb. This is overall very disappointing for a company like Norelco.

I bought this over other models simply because people recommended it as a close shave. As a close shave it does an decent job, not amazing (although perhaps I'm just getting older). What is disappointing to me is the lack of convenience. This shaver is ONLY convenient if you NEVER plan on traveling with it. There is no case for this shaver, and the charger is fairly uncomfortable (it is a stand that charges). Maybe I'm old fashioned but I prefer a charger I can just roll up and travel with a bit more easily (like putting the charger in my pocket). Also, I prefer an indicator of how long I have before the battery dies. It abruptly tells you the battery low. Now I'm sitting in the office scared to start shaving because my bulky charger is at home and I don't want it to die and go to my meetings with only half of my face shaved.
review image
on February 2, 2015
Light, quiet, and works well.

First electric shaver and I like it very much.
Pros:
Able to shave 14 days in a row without needing to re-charge.
Easy to clean.
Charging stand folds so this takes up little space when traveling.
On/Off lock feature so it doesn't accidently turn on when traveling.
Beard trimmer.
Smooth shave.
Cons:
Does not have a straight edge for sideburns. (you have to get as close as you can, and use a razor every couple of days to clean it up)
Battery lights are non-functional (could just be mine)
Takes 2 to 3 weeks to "break-in" your face. At the 2.5 week point I was back to normal (no irritation) with a good close shave.
You can not shave with it plugged in if batteries are low. (it is supposed to have a "quick charge" feature, but I haven't tested it yet.)

Overall, I'd buy this product again. For the price it is very nice. Next time I'll spend a bit more money and ensure I get a straight edge for sideburns. Be sure to read the directions on breaking it in and the different light features.
on March 23, 2014
I purchased this to replace the exact same model I had for 3 years. I use this and the previous one as a wet shaver. On the previous one, the seal around the output shaft started to fail and allowed water to short out the internal board. Not sure if any improvements have been made since then but I still have a replacement head which goes for $30, so I figured I would get the same one again. This version however, did come with a beard trimmer (for the same price at the time I purchased) so that helped justify the cost somewhat. The overall shave is pretty decent, though you may get a better one with one of the 3D models. However, they are considerably more expensive as well.
on January 3, 2017
I bought this as my previous Norelco became useless because the shaver heads were priced at a stratospheric level. It works well as my beard is not heavy. We will see how things go in a year or so. But for now, it's a good investment.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.