Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 222 reviews(1 star, Verified Purchases). See all 4,263 reviews
on July 5, 2017
This razor is terrible. I gave it a few weeks, but it always took longer than a normal razor, and always missed hairs. I never had any issues with it burning my skin, but it just doesn't do the job. At all. The Shaver attachment works fine, and the unit is definitely waterproof. Just don't expect a quick shave. Very frustrated with this purchase. (Yes, I used the circular motions like the instructions say.) I tried it with shaving cream, and dry, and neither method works well. When you do eventually get all the hairs, it's a relatively smooth cut, but nowhere near being worth it.
on September 11, 2015
I don't get why anyone would like this. I should start by saying I normally don't use an electric. I thought I would make the switch from my Schick Hydro (which is fantastic) and start using electric. I tried this and a Panasonic ES8103S Arc3. I followed all the directions, watched videos about how to use a rotary type shaver and gave it a solid 3 weeks. I had nothing but irritation and a very poor shave. I'd say I have average beard thickness. In comparison the Panasonic was very comfortable from day one and gave me a very close shave - almost as good as my trusty Schick Hydro. At this point I've totally given up on this.
on March 21, 2015
Ok I've been a electric shaver user for 20 years and this is the worst product I've used to date. My older razor is an 8240 I've had since 2012 I was actually going to buy replacement blades and saw this "discount" item: Here are my issues:

1. Totally different design done I suspect by a completely different team. They started over and IMO made major design mistakes taking nothing from the success of the older lines.

2. Sound - this razor is loud, louder than the older razors and it does not shave as well

3. Charger - terrible stand design making travel nearly impossible the stand does fold but is bulky and is not really a good alternative to the old plug into the bottom of the razor. Also if you do happen to run the battery all the way down, too bad you can't plug it in and shave you must wait for a recharge. The old razor works when plugged into wall ( but you can't with this wacky stand)

4. Trimmer as an attachment is useless, the pop-up was good not great but this breaks any sort of useful work flow and makes the shave and the trim separate efforts. The changing of the heads is not trivial and there is no place to sort the part bad design and missed the mark.

5. Cleaning requires you to take the razor apart the flip up cleaning from the old model is gone, another good design idea thrown away.

6. Shave quality: Poor in comparison ( with year-old blades on the old razor) I'm not surprises is you compare side-by-side you'll see the floating heads have fewer slots and the rotary blades have fewer cutting blades Shaving takes longer.

Overall perception is this is a clear move to cut costs and is a really bad entry in this market. I used the razor for a week and went back to the old one I regret the purchase and consider this junk. I write many more positive reviews than negative but this is so bad I'd like to help one person avoid a mistake.
on March 25, 2016
This has got to be the worst Norelco ever made. I owned a Norelco 985 RX for 20-25 years and I loved it. So when it would no longer hold a charge and I couldn't get new batteries installed, I decided to replace it. I bought this and it's a POS !!! The shave is terrible, it misses lots of whiskers, it rips and tears my skin and the chamber under the cutter heads is SO small it has to be emptied in the middle of a shave. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. Just like so many companies now days, they've cheapened it so much it's no longer a quality product. I'll be looking for a different brand to replace it.
on December 26, 2016
I thought this product would be a sufficient replacement for another electric razor that has seen better days. My husband works in law enforcement and likes to freshen up when working double shifts. This product, however, takes 3 times longer than other electric razors he has used and I'm sadly disappointed with this purchase.
on March 1, 2015
I had hoped this would be a reasonable replacement for a dead Senso Touch 3D. I am a long time Norelco user so I thought I knew what to expect. The shave quality of this unit was terrible, not up to Norelco standards certainly. The on/off switch is difficult to use, the power and charging indicators not intuitive. Very disappointing on all fronts. I have returned this unit for a higher end Norelco.
on January 2, 2016
Love this product. Easy to use and flexes around, though I wish they had like the version where I could also without using a shaving cream to save me money.
Actually did love it at first but after I used it for about 14 month's -- it has gone dead and does not work anymore. Still have not had the time to get in touch with Phillips but will soon do so and hope they are able to fix it or give us a replacement. Let's see if they are going to help me with any of this.
on May 3, 2015
I was looking for electric shaver and after good research, I have decided to buy this product as this is in the middle range better reviews than the basic models (PT724/46, PT730/46 etc.) from Philips and better in terms of price compared to the other high end models which are more than $200. Looking at the reviews of this products, decided on this and bought this. The initial couple of weeks were bad with skin irritation. I thought it would take sometime for my skin and beard to get used to the electric shaver as mentioned in the product description and believed that it would be better eventually and have been using at least once every week. But still having rashes on the skin resulting in black marks on the skin, even after following the way (use in circular motion to shave off your beard) to use the shaver. As I have been waiting that things would be better, I did not realize that its been more than 45 days that I could not utilize the money back offer from the manufacturer, ah.

Other bad thing with this is, it leaves off one off hairs during the shave and it is irritating that I realize it after going to work and it become uncomfortable until I come back use the freaking thing to remove those one offs, which never happens when you shave manually, this could be a thing with all the electric shavers. Overall, I am not satisfied with this purchase and moving back to manual shaving.
on January 3, 2013
I bought this as a gift to myself for X'mas and also as a replacement for my dead rechargeable Panasonic wet/dry shaver (use it for 8 years). After using this for two days, I know I've bought the wrong shaver. First, the shave head can't really cut out all the facial hair. When you have some fine hair near the side burn, it just won't cut it. Second, DON'T PRESS ON THE SHAVER! I've never had a nick and cut with electric shaver, and this is the first! You might ask why I didn't return the shaver if it's that bad? Well, it's because I got this when it has the rebate going on and I've already cut out the box.... lesson learned, use it before tearing the boxes up.. Stay away with Norelco if you can! Wish I bought another Panasonic....
on December 25, 2014
This thing sucks. The industrial designer behind this POS should be shot. First off, it doesn't shave as well as my 15 year old Norelco. It's loud (my whole head feels like it's buzzing), the trimmer is separate, the oversized head makes it hard to reach under the nose and other corners, and the shave head doesn't have a retainer when you open it to clean so its easy to drop and get whiskers everywhere. FAIL.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.