Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 37 reviews(1 star, Verified Purchases). See all 775 reviews
on December 22, 2016
They asked for 21 days before deciding then I could return it. Well. It shaves as well as the $30 Phillips. The $30 has a flip up trimmer but no adjustments. The $30 has a flip up head for easy cleaning and the razors stay in place. And has a battery that lasts longer.
The color is cool. The charger sucks. You can't shave while charging. The $30 you can...it has a cord not a station.
Now here's my biggest gripe....
I opened the head to dump the shavings......the blades fell down the sink.!
Luckily they are magnetic so i could retrieve them with my telescopic magnet without taking the p trap apart. But there's more. There is a little plastic bit that surrounds everything and all needs to be lined up mysteriously with no warnings or instructions or your razor won't work like new anymore after the first dump.
So they get 5 stars for color, 3 for shave quality...the tough neck hairs will go away eventually. And 0 stars for making me believe this is a great razor.
Anyway....I wish I would have bought another $30 razor instead. It did me great for 3 years but new blades were $25.
This razor was 70. New blades are 40. But I was hoping technology improved that much. It didn't.
I'll keep this one because of hassle. But 3 years from now I'll go back to $30 razor.

1/26/17 update- the more I use this razor the more I hate it. My wife accidentally bumped the razor and the head came apart scattering the blades and the rubber gasket inside. I also have to shave once which leaves random stubble then shave again an hour later to get the rest even after stretching my face like the instructions say. I never had to worry about these things with the cheap model. Unfortunately, it takes longer than the guarantee period to learn this stuff.
I will never recommend or buy this one again!
UPDATE: WORST RAZOR EVER!

4/2/17
it's still the worst razor ever. I still have to shave twice after waiting an hour after the first shave. And it's still not a good shave. I hate it!
on April 24, 2017
Great shave.
on January 3, 2017
I bought this for my husband 2 months before his birthday. So unfortunately we couldn't return this because my 30 days were up. It doesn't work. Both he and I have tried to use it, but I couldn't get it to even shave arm hair or fuzz. I wanted something nice so I spent more money than I ever have on a razor, and it just sits there next to his 10 year old cheap razor unused. I can't bring myself to toss it. Stand is clunky and takes up a lot of space, especially with the trimmer. Find something else folks.
on March 21, 2015
Ok I've been a electric shaver user for 20 years and this is the worst product I've used to date. My older razor is an 8240 I've had since 2012 I was actually going to buy replacement blades and saw this "discount" item: Here are my issues:

1. Totally different design done I suspect by a completely different team. They started over and IMO made major design mistakes taking nothing from the success of the older lines.

2. Sound - this razor is loud, louder than the older razors and it does not shave as well

3. Charger - terrible stand design making travel nearly impossible the stand does fold but is bulky and is not really a good alternative to the old plug into the bottom of the razor. Also if you do happen to run the battery all the way down, too bad you can't plug it in and shave you must wait for a recharge. The old razor works when plugged into wall ( but you can't with this wacky stand)

4. Trimmer as an attachment is useless, the pop-up was good not great but this breaks any sort of useful work flow and makes the shave and the trim separate efforts. The changing of the heads is not trivial and there is no place to sort the part bad design and missed the mark.

5. Cleaning requires you to take the razor apart the flip up cleaning from the old model is gone, another good design idea thrown away.

6. Shave quality: Poor in comparison ( with year-old blades on the old razor) I'm not surprises is you compare side-by-side you'll see the floating heads have fewer slots and the rotary blades have fewer cutting blades Shaving takes longer.

Overall perception is this is a clear move to cut costs and is a really bad entry in this market. I used the razor for a week and went back to the old one I regret the purchase and consider this junk. I write many more positive reviews than negative but this is so bad I'd like to help one person avoid a mistake.
on December 26, 2016
I thought this product would be a sufficient replacement for another electric razor that has seen better days. My husband works in law enforcement and likes to freshen up when working double shifts. This product, however, takes 3 times longer than other electric razors he has used and I'm sadly disappointed with this purchase.
on April 8, 2016
If you have used quality (more expensive) shavers, then do not buy this one. It does not cut smooth at all comparatively. HOWEVER, if you are new at this shaving stuff, then it would probably be a great way to get started. :)
on July 16, 2015
I have been completely unhappy with this razor, the quality of the shave is horrible wet or dry. I find myself going over the same area of the face numerous times with very little results. Please keep in mind I do not have a heavy beard, I would not recommend this product especially at this price range.
on June 20, 2016
Doesn't cut facial hair accurately . It tugs and pulls your hair out don't buy bought brand new unopened box maybe it's needs better blades or sharp ones inside . Did not have any problems with shipping or shipper just product itself was lame
on May 3, 2015
I was looking for electric shaver and after good research, I have decided to buy this product as this is in the middle range better reviews than the basic models (PT724/46, PT730/46 etc.) from Philips and better in terms of price compared to the other high end models which are more than $200. Looking at the reviews of this products, decided on this and bought this. The initial couple of weeks were bad with skin irritation. I thought it would take sometime for my skin and beard to get used to the electric shaver as mentioned in the product description and believed that it would be better eventually and have been using at least once every week. But still having rashes on the skin resulting in black marks on the skin, even after following the way (use in circular motion to shave off your beard) to use the shaver. As I have been waiting that things would be better, I did not realize that its been more than 45 days that I could not utilize the money back offer from the manufacturer, ah.

Other bad thing with this is, it leaves off one off hairs during the shave and it is irritating that I realize it after going to work and it become uncomfortable until I come back use the freaking thing to remove those one offs, which never happens when you shave manually, this could be a thing with all the electric shavers. Overall, I am not satisfied with this purchase and moving back to manual shaving.
on April 19, 2015
Worst trimmer I have ever used.This is my third trimmer and all my trimmers were from Philips and other low cost models that I have used are way better than this one. I went with the reviews seen here , but I got totally wrong with this one.May be the item that I received was defective , but i thought since instructions booklet attached mentioned to use for more than a month to adjust trimmer to our facial contours. There's no improvement and worse ,now that its over refund period that i cannot return it.Problem I see with this trimmer is , I need to use my razors to take care of hair in my neck and around that.AND THAT'S AFTER STRUGGLING WITH THIS TRIMMER FOR 30 MINUTES!!! by that time my hands were hurting using this one.Anyway , if you are like me and unhappy with this one , don't hang on to this for longer to see any improvement and JUST RETURN IT!!!!!!
Meanwhile if any one of you can tell me if I can return this some way or contact some number , that would be great(I got this product around Jan 10 this year)

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.