Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 657 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 778 reviews
on November 17, 2016
I have been using this shaver every other day for two weeks now and could not be happier. I have sensitive skin, especially on my neck. I used gillete razors for years, but they would always lead to ingrown hairs and significant itching the next day or two. I switched to a straight razor two years ago and loved it. It was the first time I could shave with no razor burn and no itching or ingrown hairs the next day, but it would simply take too long to shave with a straight razor every morning before work. It is simply not an efficient process unless you really want to spend 15-20 minutes carefully preparing and executing a wet shave every morning. A year ago I switched to a super cheap ($15) Remington electric shaver, just to give it a try. I could shave in 4 minutes flat, but the razor burn was incredible, especially around my neck. I switched back to a straight razor after one month of horrid razor burn. On a whim I tried this Philips Norelco 6400, and boy am I glad I did. I can shave in 3-4 minutes every morning, no razor burn or discomfort, I get a nearly perfect shave (not as nice as a straight razor, a few stubborn hairs here and there and some extremely minor itching the next day, but close enough), and it is convenient for travelling. I still use my straight on the weekends when I want a really close, comfortable shave, but this thing is definitely my work horse. Cleaning it is a breeze. I find that I get a better shave using it dry rather than with shaving cream or in the shower. Definitely worth the money.
on December 22, 2016
They asked for 21 days before deciding then I could return it. Well. It shaves as well as the $30 Phillips. The $30 has a flip up trimmer but no adjustments. The $30 has a flip up head for easy cleaning and the razors stay in place. And has a battery that lasts longer.
The color is cool. The charger sucks. You can't shave while charging. The $30 you can...it has a cord not a station.
Now here's my biggest gripe....
I opened the head to dump the shavings......the blades fell down the sink.!
Luckily they are magnetic so i could retrieve them with my telescopic magnet without taking the p trap apart. But there's more. There is a little plastic bit that surrounds everything and all needs to be lined up mysteriously with no warnings or instructions or your razor won't work like new anymore after the first dump.
So they get 5 stars for color, 3 for shave quality...the tough neck hairs will go away eventually. And 0 stars for making me believe this is a great razor.
Anyway....I wish I would have bought another $30 razor instead. It did me great for 3 years but new blades were $25.
This razor was 70. New blades are 40. But I was hoping technology improved that much. It didn't.
I'll keep this one because of hassle. But 3 years from now I'll go back to $30 razor.

1/26/17 update- the more I use this razor the more I hate it. My wife accidentally bumped the razor and the head came apart scattering the blades and the rubber gasket inside. I also have to shave once which leaves random stubble then shave again an hour later to get the rest even after stretching my face like the instructions say. I never had to worry about these things with the cheap model. Unfortunately, it takes longer than the guarantee period to learn this stuff.
I will never recommend or buy this one again!
UPDATE: WORST RAZOR EVER!

4/2/17
it's still the worst razor ever. I still have to shave twice after waiting an hour after the first shave. And it's still not a good shave. I hate it!
on September 22, 2015
I have been using Phillips Fusion and have been yearning to make a switch to electrical - I really liked the this shaver. The features makes it more noteworthy.

Features-
It fits very comfortably in the hand because of it's curved body and puts very little pressure on your face. The shaver has only one button on it, the power button, which is flush with the front of the shaver face. On the shaver front are also three indicator lights. They display low battery, battery charging, and control lock status. The control lock lets you disable the power button to prevent it from accidentally turning on. Charging and cleaning is as easy as it can be.

Experience-
I have used it regularly with small and large beard (1-2 inch) and was surprised that it shaved pretty well in either case and never snagged. However, when I try to use on neck that's another story - It never gives a smooth result in case of medium to long beard. And I always have to use my Gillete fusion, which defeats the purpose of having electronic shaver.

When I bought this, it was mentioned that it will 2-3 weeks for the shaver to adjust to your skin but by that time, return period was already gone. So, I still use for it gives a very close shave but I do need to use my Fusion on neck.
on April 20, 2017
The shaver is excellent in what it does. The drawback is that one will have to re purchase the shaving heads once per year. (about 25 bucks) After a year and half, the beard trimmer had a part that destroyed itself. It is the plastic piece on it. One has to remove it to clean the blades. This plastic piece cannot be purchased without buying a new beard trimmer. This will cost between 25-30 dollars. I refused to do this. I ended up buying a stand alone beard trimmer. Personally, I think the whole Norelco shaver system is a high dollar expense for a close shave. There has to be a better product. I will NOT purchase anymore from them.
on October 7, 2016
Update: The part where you press to shave, just breaks apparently. This occurred through normal use... And I don't even shave that often. I can still press the button to turn it on, but it hurts my thumb. This is overall very disappointing for a company like Norelco.

I bought this over other models simply because people recommended it as a close shave. As a close shave it does an decent job, not amazing (although perhaps I'm just getting older). What is disappointing to me is the lack of convenience. This shaver is ONLY convenient if you NEVER plan on traveling with it. There is no case for this shaver, and the charger is fairly uncomfortable (it is a stand that charges). Maybe I'm old fashioned but I prefer a charger I can just roll up and travel with a bit more easily (like putting the charger in my pocket). Also, I prefer an indicator of how long I have before the battery dies. It abruptly tells you the battery low. Now I'm sitting in the office scared to start shaving because my bulky charger is at home and I don't want it to die and go to my meetings with only half of my face shaved.
review image
on September 4, 2016
I did a lot of research for an electric shaver since mine don't seem to last very long or do a poor job. A friend recommended this particular shaver, it does an okay job but it takes several passes, especially if you go a couple of days without shaving. This shaver does work better in comparison to other brands in its price range. If you have a really coarse beard, or, don't shave daily, I would steer you away from this one.
on July 30, 2016
shaving is a chore. especially when you put it off for days at a time, like i do.

so when i used this shaver for the first time yesterday on my 5-day-old beard i expected the usual pinches as the blades pulled out the longer whiskers that couldn't be cut cleanly.

but no! there was no pain. no pinching. nothing but the sensation of a flexible shaving head whisking across my beard, leaving behind one of the closest shaves i've ever had.

i fear i'm spoiled now. and will actually look forward to shaving much more often than ever before.
on November 29, 2014
Long time Norelco owner and daily user. I was disappointed with the basic shaving ability of this model compared with what appeared to be similar (older) models. If you zoom in on the rotors the outside circle does the shaving - this is fine and the same as my 10 year old model. I also have a newer model with the three circles/rotor that does about the same job. I was looking forward this one being as good of a shave and updated compared with the older models.

After trying it for two weeks I'm back to my old model. The problem is that the rotors are fixed in plane (2d-ness) which means the only part of one rotor can be on the skin over any curve. Overall shaving quality and speed (!) was much slower. Also didn't do well between the top of my lip and the start of the nose.

pros -
lithium ion battery and small size and weight
easy to assemble and clean
nice beard trimmer
cost of shaver and replacement heads (compared with now very expensive replacements for the "3d models")

cons -
inflexibility of rotors
speed of shaving
irritating due to many passes

If you have this model and like it you will really enjoy better model.
on November 12, 2015
So far this has been a great purchase. I did a bunch of research to purchase a new electric for my husband and this has turned out to be great.

PROS
Close shave (almost razor close)
Doesn't irritate his skin
Battery Low warning light
Long charge & Quick charge option
Sleek design

CONS
The bead trimmer is a separate attachment
The razor head is so large that getting close on curved spots like under the chin is difficult
No carrying/travel case

Overall, Im happy with the purchase and so is he. It looks like he'll he shaving for me on a more daily basis which is what I was hoping for. :)
on May 17, 2015
I bought this several months ago and I do not like it. My previous model was a Philips Norelco 8240xl and even though I really liked the 8240xl, rather than buy new blades, I would just buy a new and improved model. MY MISTAKE. Norelco took several steps backward with this Sensotouch. In all fairness, the Sensotouch does everything it claims and it really looks neat. I should have known there would be an issue when the instructions said "it may take a few weeks for the shaver to adapt to the contours of your face". How about 7 months and I'm still waiting for the contour thing. Maybe if I never used an electric shaver before, I would have thought that this shaver was "the norm" for electric shavers. But remember, I was comparing this to several previous Philips Norelco shavers that I owned.
GOOD: It will shave your face. I really liked the looks.
NOT SO GOOD: REALLY IS NOISY. My previous Norelco's were quiet and hummed right along. The Sensotouch sounded like a thrashing machine.
NOT A CLOSE SHAVE like my previous Norelco's. The shave was adequate, but barely. I used the Sensotouch in a clockwise pattern, a counterclockwise pattern, up and down, side-to-side, all with the same result - not a close shave. (I did clean it after every use)
I would put this shaver value in the $25-$30 dollar category.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.