Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Game Gear Men's Solid Color Athletic Running Short with Inner Brief
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on November 6, 2014
To start I'll let you I'm 6' 1' - 190lbs and in pretty good shape. I have several pairs of these Game Gear running shorts. The first pair I bought were black and size large. I found the large too tight and short so the rest I have ordered in XL and they fit comfortably. The XL I have are green and black and I've had no issues with them. However, these grey ones in XL are huge! They literally fall off me and I can't wear them. I'm not sure if I just got a random weird pair or if they changed their sizes.

These shorts are the most comfortable running shorts I've ever owned and they seem to hold up well. I gave this pair 1-star because of the irregularity in the size compared the others I own of the same brand.

Below is a photo of two XL shorts. Both were supposedly the same just different colors. As you can see the grey ones are much larger.
review image
on November 17, 2013
i workout a lot. its my life!!! Im a fit guy, in great shape, and was looking for a short that was not TOO short but respectable! these shorts are THIN, lightweight and extremely extremely comfortable! after a wash they will shrink slightly but in my opinion fit more snuggly and more form fitting. i love these shorts. cheap and durable!!!!!!!! who needs the equivalent nike $40 brand when you can buy better for a 1/3 of the price!!!
on October 19, 2013
Perfect running shorts. I wear them for cardio and they're so light weight they don't bother me like some of the weighty and clunky gym shorts that fall past my knees.

I especially love that they are made in the USA and they are so affordable. Our options in the sports stores are few and seem to consist mainly of four big names, all of which market foreign-made items that cost too much. These shorts are the opposite. Quality, affordable, and made right here.
on December 31, 2013
I'm a 36" waist. Ordered Large size, returned for Medium and still roomy. Light airy material, one layer is see through for sure. Inner liner can be seen underneath, but not unacceptable. All bets are off when wet as item material clings. Good value.
on June 7, 2014
These Nylon Tricot PT Shorts, have some of the finest, yet rugged, Nylon Tricot fabric to be found. In fact, this Nylon, oddly enough, is comparable to that fine-denier stuff, found in Vanity Fair Nylon Tricot panties, slips, and nightgowns, made until up until just a few years ago; I kid you not! You will definitely want to lounge, play, and sleep in these, as much as exercise, swim(?), and train in them. Perhaps the gussie seam in the inner briefs could be a bit longer, at, say, 6", for a Size 2XL, such as mine--although this isn't a major consideration for me.

Nylon/Polyester PT's have been around, since as early as the late Sixties, and those early ones were AWESOME! Up until I discovered these GameGears, the prevalence, preferences, and quality, in general, for Tricot PT's, starting at about the late Eighties, had been on the decline. Most other Brandage out there, including Soffes, frankly uses heavier-gauge Tricot, which may not be quite as comfy as GameGears, and the tailoring may not be quite as ample.

I do hope soon to try the White Polyester version, to compare. In that case, I hope that Amazon will permit me to review those, in this same section, as well. Hmm; I just remembered; Amazon possibly still peermits us to edit Reviews later on(?); I think that I'll try that, instead; stay tuned . . .

If you do intend these for the more relaxing activities, along with the swimming/beach wear, as several of my Reviewer brethren have mentioned, beware, not only are they EXTREMELY sheer, they also pack quite a sensuous "tickle", too. Because of that sheerness, I strongly urge the utmost caution, to where, and how, you work out in these.

In trying these out for swimming/beach attire, I'd strongly suggest that you do so, at Adult(s) (only) Areas; they WILL show EVERYTHING, unabashedly, when wet, possibly including the Black ones!! I'm as of yet unsure as to how the dye and fabric integrity would stand up to Swimming Pool Chlorines, or Ocean Salt, but I shouldn't think that natural and fresh Lake, Creek, or River Water would harm them.

Curiously, whilst seeking these out on Amazon, I'd inadvertently swerved at first, into the CHILDREN'S version of these. To say the least, it may be [highly] improper for kids to be wearing these. Parents providing Reviews for those, had strong reservations about their kids wearing them. If kids wear those for Track Meets and the like, they should only do so, at secluded, secure, private, and safe venues, precisely because of the High-Sheen GLASSY SHEERNESS of this fabric. For girls, it's probably the safest bet to use those for Slumber Parties. Additionally, older boys also may get "unneeded"(Laughs!!) stimulation from the fabric's extreme softness, if they're not careful.

So, in the main, if you're an Adult, by all means, GO FOR IT!!

UPDATE, FOR THE WHITE POLYESTER STYLE OF THESE SHORTS; 06/16/14; APPROX 7:00 PM, PST:
Cutting to the chase, it seems very strange that GameGear would use this type of Polyester Tricot, instead of the fluffy-soft sweet Nylon Tricot used in all of the other colours. There are Poly Tricots that feel extremely comfortable, but this particular grade is not one of them! This fabric is extremely stiff, not drapey, and it really does not conduct extra heat and perspiration away from the body, as does the Nylon. However, it is extremely opaque, compared with the Nylon, so these could be "child-safe", for those of you conducting purchases of these for your children.

Theoretically all the coloured NYLON styles must have started out white, before they went into the dye-vat, so, why can GameGear not do the same for the All-White Styles (skip the dyeing process)?? If you do want to get close to White, then you must settle upon some of the Pastel Colours as your choice.

Interestingly, a good use for these Poly's, is to throw them into the laundry, when I'm washing my other "Soft"-Wares, and those items get polished and softened up better, by the inclusion of these shorts in the load, washed, then dried, better than just being laundered by themselves.
77 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 11, 2013
These are perfect - not too short, not too long, and very light weight. I love running in these shorts! And got a great deal!
on January 21, 2014
they are unbelievably see through. I got them for my brother for Christmas and I doubt he'll be wearin them outside for a run anytime soon
on June 24, 2016
Let's be honest. I never thought I'd see the day I was wearing shorts that were...well, this short. Or borderline risque. But here I am, loving them, wearing them on daily runs in public, unafraid or ashamed. What happened? I used to be that guy that would only wear running shorts that came up (at the highest) to the top of my knee; I laughed at the gentleman at work who wore the super short running shorts every morning, which I thought looked funny on his 6 foot frame. But here I am, mid-30's and wiser. These shorts have opened up a whole new appreciation for minimalist running gear. They are so light, they almost feel like you aren't wearing anything - and that's a bonus on longer runs. For those who only run 1-2 miles, they won't notice the difference. But when you start edging up over 3 miles, less becomes more. These shorts don't rub; they flow easily; they are lighter than a pair of feathers. But buyer beware: Don't go for the bright, cool colors unless you know the risk...if you go commando, these shorts will do the trick. But they will be ah, a little "revealing" for the first few minutes, up until you get your blood pumping, and your body adjust to the run, shrinking body parts like they are supposed to be shrunk, when the blood is coursing elsewhere in your body. And yes, they are rather "silky" feeling, which can be both good (and bad) if you are roaming around the house. At which point I advise wearing underwear with them, if you aren't by yourself. And yes; you'll need to wear briefs if you decide to wear underwear. I pulled out my nicely branded boxer briefs from a famous workout company, and they showed through the bottom of the shorts, looking quite awkward. So the solution is briefs, or no undies. And enjoy your run in style - your body will thank you. And never mind the wife who rolls on the floor in laughter when you first set out - it's about training your body, not being stylish! These shorts are to running apparel what high tech, lightweight fabric is to camping tents; light, minimalist, and remarkable.
on November 12, 2015
These are now my favorite running shorts. I like the length: not too short and not too long. The material is so light and sweat dries almost instantly. I have not had the problem of some reviewers who stated that the shorts are too thin -- I have not found them to be see-through or transparent. I bought several colors, with the lightest being gold, with no problems (maybe the white and silver are somewhat see-through? I have a 29 inch waist, and I bought size small. I'm a serious runner, ringing up about 45 miles a week.
on July 22, 2014
These are pretty good shorts, especially for the price. The material is very comfortable and lightweight. I can see where the lighter colors would be pretty revealing, but I went with the darker blue and they're no problem. They length is just about right if you're not looking to show off too much. They are definitely not a "split" short. In fact, the legs don't even have the curve on the side that the picture suggests. They don't ride up nearly as much as most running shorts and they don't chafe. I would say the only down side is that the inner liner is a bit tight around the legs. I actually tried cutting the elastic in a few spots to loosen it up. And unlike most running shorts, you can't just remove the liner or these really will be revealing. Overall, though, I'm satisfied and although I'm going to try a couple of other styles, I will probably get more of these (in the darker colors!).