Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: KidSafe Calming the Child Synergy Pre-Diluted Essential Oil Roll-On 10 ml (1/3 fl oz). Ready to use!
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on April 11, 2013
I was a bit skeptical of the Calming Child EO. As a mom of 3 very active young boys, I thought I'd give it a try for the price. WOW!!! Not only was the smell wonderful, this EO has a calming effect as it claims. I applied the EO to my boys' feet (then covered with socks) and then to their backs (along spine) before bedtime. I did dilute the oil in some coconut oil first which helped in massaging the oil in better. We will be using this in our bedtime / naptime routine every day from now on! Love Plant Therapy oils. We have several of their blends and I have been very satisfied with them - great oils at a great price!
33 comments| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2014
I have a severe anxiety disorder, and my son has a mild form of autism. He is 8, and takes hours to fall asleep. NOT ANYMORE! Within twenty minutes of roller ball applicator touches his feet and big toe, he is out! I use it as well, and I know it sounds silly, but I almost get this "high" relaxed feeling. And the feeling is not accompanied with anxiety, which generally comes with anti-anxiety meds. I have been off all meds for about 7 years. And this is the first that I can find some relief. (It was an incidental finding as I ordered this for my son, and after massaging on his feet, I felt calmed. I highly recommend this product. I highly recommend all the products Plant Therapy supplies, as my daughter, the seven year old, prefers the PT peppermint over a greatly inflated, multilevel marketed peppermint.) After diffusing the two in her room during a congested period, she immediately could tell the difference. We are new to essential oils, only using a month or two now. This learning curve is impressive, and feel blessed to have found Plant Therapy.
0Comment| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2012
I am beyond pleased with this product. I dilute it with water in a small spray bottle and use it to treat my kids bedding and room (it's our monsters go bye bye spray). Love the smell and quality of the oils. Thank you!
on February 24, 2016
Let me start off by saying I am an avid user of essential oils . . . for everything. I mean, I'm a full-on member of the Cult of Aromatherapy. For those of you who have yet to be indoctrinated, aromatherapy doesn't just mean "something that smells nice and makes you feel good for that reason," no matter what the dictionary definition would have you believe. Dig a little further into holistic health terminology and you get explanations like this: " . . . art and science of utilizing naturally extracted aromatic essences from plants to balance, harmonize and promote the health of body, mind and spirit." (source:[...].)

The efficacy of using essential oils for skin- or other ailments, mental and emotional issues, etc. has some convincing double-blind, scientific, peer-reviewed backing. That's one of the reasons why I was interested in trying this blend for my third-grader, a spirited girl who would often spin out into an angry or tearful mindset at the end of a long school day. This tendency was affecting our home life, setting a tense tone in the house and testing the entire family. We were trying to love her through it, but we (her siblings as well as her dad and me) were challenged most days of the week to the absolute limits of our patience.

It only made sense to explore this option, as essential oils are already employed so regularly in our home: for skincare, household clean-up, wound care, tooth pain, and in lieu of artificial home fragrances. I did some research, and Plant Therapy has a great reputation for the integrity of their oils. Through gas chromatography testing, it's shown time and again that what they *put* in their bottles is actually what it says on the label. I felt good about purchasing from them.

There aren't many downsides to this, but I'll break it up into pros and cons for those who find my review excessively wordy!

PROS: smells great (lavender dominates, with notes of orange and apple--the scent of chamomile,) natural and non-medication route towards approaching minor- to moderate behavioral struggles with your child, inexpensive for the amount of uses, highly versatile in regards to how to utilize (mix into unscented balm or lotion, add to bath, shake on hairbrush, apply "neat" to skin, add drops to aromatherapy ionizer, etc.,) low chance of allergic or other negative reaction to these innocuous ingredients--this leads to high degree of compliance.

CONS: drips out rather quickly, which leads to my second "complaint," which is that it isn't easily employed by the child herself. If I gave my child the power to use this when she feels her negative moods starting to overtake her, she'd plow through the bottle in a matter of days. SO, while less-than-ideal perhaps, it must involve adult supervision.

My daughter was happy to see that I'd gone out of my way to get her a product to help her manage her emotions. She put her wee wrists out for me to dab it on, and then rubbed her wrists on her neck. I applied a few drops to my hands, rubbed them together, and lightly pressed them to her cheeks and through her hair. Whether it was the placebo effect (I don't think so) who could say . . . but that time and on several occasions since, it has calmed her and reduced her antagonizing outbursts by, oh, eighty-five percent?

That's it. It shipped quickly and was securely wrapped in bubbles. The lid had those tabs so one could tell if it had been opened. Plant Therapy does, however, tend to over-box. I wish they wouldn't, but I'll take the responsibility of recycling the cardboard in exchange for access to their lovely range of therapeutic essential and carrier oils.
on May 21, 2013
I use this and the Plant Therapy Relax Synergy together diluted with water in a pink spray bottle. Our family sprays the "Magic sleeping potion" on our pillows before bedtime and it really helps us relax.
on May 30, 2014
My son (9) has ODD (Oppositional Defiance Disorder) and is in therapy and PSR for it. Still, he has this energy that can wear you down in no time and he's very fighty when he's in one of those moods. We've used it a few days now and it's starting to show great improvement! Today he had no issues at school and didn't bother his big sister (10 1/2) after school. They originally thought he had ADD/ADHD, but took that diagnosis away.. He's just a high energy kid with ODD, which can really wear down on the people around him. I love him, bit it's true. I use this down along his spine.

Now my 2nd daughter (the 10 1/2 year old) is at that moody pre-teen stage where you just kind of want to lock yourself in your bedroom so you don't have to deal with what feels like drama over E.V.E.R.Ything! This helps her mellow out, and has been helping her to sleep at night. Though right now she's struggling with a cold, so she's just in general tired, the overall effect on her has been a toning down of her moody/grouch-ness! I also use this down alone her spine.

I used this before a day in court recently (for an issue where I was the petitioner, but nervous as heck!) and it really helped keep me a fair bit calmer and more centered than I realized. I use some on the soles of my feet before bed and I'm not tossing at turning as much and find it easier to fall asleep at night, which is saying something considering I usually have a hard time falling asleep.

I tried a little on the baby (6 1/2 months) the other night and she settled down better than usual, though I've only used it once I plan to try it again if she's ever fussy and just having a hard time settling. I put just a little bit on her spine in between her shoulder blades in hope that the scent would be calming as well as just the general effects. :)
on August 24, 2012
All of these oils purchased separately would end up costing quite a bit. This lovely blend is truly calming, not only the child, but the full grown adult! Great value! Would buy again!
on February 5, 2014
My Godson is severe autistic and can be off the walls at times (most times) lol, and my mom used this on him and it took a little while but then whammo, he calmed down and that was a blessing.
on March 30, 2013
I use this on my 2 and 3 year old at night when they are having a hard time settling down and or I put it in their diffuser in their room and it seems to do the trick.
on November 10, 2012
This product is wonderful. I have been using it in my laundry (on wool dryer balls) and on a hanky in my children's bed. The smell is lavender but not so strong, orange, with a hint of something else. A magical blend.