Oil month Automotive HPC World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

Showing 1-10 of 55 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 56 reviews
on February 7, 2016
OK, this is an awesome knife sharpener but it takes a very small amount of work. Pick a day and time, Mine is Sunday morning. Sharpen *all* your knives *every* Sunday. Routine. If you don't set a routine you will go to sharpen while cooking it screws up your whole rhythm. After 5-6 weeks the (5 or 6 sharpening cycles) the new edge is set and the knives cut like magic. Every time you grab a knife it is sharp and ready to go. If you try 30 passes in one sitting it just screws up the knife. 2-3 passes each side, each level, once a week. Very sharp knives.

*** 4 moths of use *** Still excellent, draw the knives thru slowly, say a slow 10 count for large knifes, and it may help to use a very slight twist motion, like tuning a key in a lock to better push the edge to the stone. Best sharpener I have ever used.
0Comment| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 5, 2016
this is the knife sharpener recommended by America's Test Kitchen. i ordered it after i heard it discussed on their radio show. i love this machine. i keep it on the counter and use it almost every day. well worth the price.
on January 31, 2016
This is one of the fastest way to sharp your knives, if your knives have the right profile. It will not sharpen thick profiled blades. On a few of my knives, it will only scrape the sides of the bevel and not the edge itself. For knives that it actually sharpen properly, the sharpness is no where close to my preference nor edges that you get through using water stone. On the plus side, it is fast, no mess, and gives workable sharpness for kitchen uses. I would recommend this is anyone if time is an issue and you just need a quick and easy way to achieve a workable edge.
on May 15, 2014
I recently purchased this knife sharpener and I love it. I have a drawer full of knifes that I use then they become dull. I do a lot of cooking and baking and I like my knifes to be sharp. I have tried other knife sharpeners but this one works the best.
on March 22, 2017
15 degree chef level edges. Look out! The knives will be sharp as razors. Easy to use. After first sharpen from dull, it works very fast.
on January 9, 2017
Very well built, very solid, and very effective. I've used it on both Japanese knives that already have a 15 degree bezel, and German knives which this unit will sharpen to a 15 degree bezel instead of the factory 20 degrees. They have all come out incredibly sharp and the unit is pretty much idiot proof. A great combination of solid construction, precision results, and ease of use. That's what well-engineered products should always be. Love it.
on December 14, 2017
One of my better purchases. So easy to use. My knives are now razor sharp and ready to go. My recommendation is that every household should have one of this knife sharpener. My only regret is not getting one sooner.
on August 17, 2016
I was considering replacing my old kitchen knife set, but based on some of the reviews I read for this product I decided to splurge and try it. I wasn't sure what to expect, really. Yesterday, the sharpener arrived, and I immediately sharpened the two knives I use most in my kitchen. I could feel that my favorite knife had gotten noticeably sharper, but, not needing to cook yesterday, didn't actually try it out. Well, today I just did. The short story is: I don't need a new knife set. Wow, is there an amazing difference. Like a new knife! I'm very impressed!
on December 29, 2016
I have owned many of these through the years and I have to say that this is THE model to get.......it provides the best edge in my opinion than all of the other models.......quick, easy and effective........just a good sharpener.......
on January 16, 2016
I have a lot of knives as we process all our own meat and make our own sausage and smoked meats. My Dad and I have been doing this for over 35 years. We sharpen our knives old school with a whet stone but I finally broke down and ordered a Ken Onion Work Sharp machine. Worked very well and my knives were sharp but changing belts was a pain. I decided to order one of these and I'm glad I did. Easy to use and SUPER sharp knives. Everyone is bringing me their knives now!