Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 3,790 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,177 reviews
on April 28, 2016
Came fully charged in sealed apple box with all accessories! I was slightly hesitant on buying technology through a 3rd party but I'll never pay full retail at an Apple Store again! Got free 2 day shipping with Amazon prime also! Extremely pleased.
0Comment| 115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2016
Our company purchased this as a prize and when the recipient contacted Apple to register the iPad Air to set up the one-year warranty and purchase an additional two year warranty she was told that there were only 201 days left on the warranty and there was no extended warranty purchase available. She was told the iad unit is 2-3 years old, it is a refurbished unit and they do not extend warranties on refurbished units. The serial number on the box did not match the serial number within the unit itself. Nowhere on the description does it state refurbished, three different people read the description prior to placing the order. We never would have ordered it as a prize!

Order was 09/16/16 and as of 10/24/16 still haven't received a reply regarding my negative review. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING.
22 comments| 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2015
It was advertised as "New, in sealed package" but it came in an open box, completely unsealed, with greasy finger prints smeared across both sides. And to top it off, there were a half dozen scratches on the screen. Returned right away.
review image
0Comment| 320 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 22, 2014
I love my new ipad air! I mostly have PC or android products so had to be convinced to purchase an apple tablet. The ipad air is perfect! It's paper thin and light-weight, lightening fast, easy to use and navigate, has a super sharp screen image, wi-fi works great. There are so many apps for the ipad and they work seamlessly. I downloaded the kindle app because I read lots of e-books; it works perfectly! I debated whether to get the smaller ipad mini (easier to hold device for reading) or the larger ipad air; I'm glad I got the larger screen - easier to use for web browsing and not that difficult for reading books. The Safari browser works great too and easy to save weblinks. The battery lasts all day with moderate use but needs to be charged every night (I think this is standard for tablets). The only negative - my husbands wants to use it too :-)
on June 3, 2014
It says that its a new piece but i got a used one, it says Moma's ipad when i connect to my laptop. It has a password lock too, i dont know what the password is...
Please help me...
on April 11, 2016
I've had this iPad Air for more than a year now. Still have my iPad 2. I'm not really impressed. Yes, it is faster than the earlier model, but it freezes and locks up on videos way more often than the 2. It also has an issue with videos continuing to play audio in the background after you have shut down the video and you can't shut it off without closing the entire window. Never had that problem on the iPad 2. It seems that Apple is not really improving the newer models since Jobs passed away. Everything just seems like cosmetic improvements over real improvements.
on July 28, 2015
This iPad Air has serious issues with Internet crashing up to several times on a page. Sometimes the page don't reload. Video quality is awful...blurry with audio out of sync with the video. Additionally, when I touch the screen to go to a page or to comment...more often than not I am directed to the page above or below my selection. I contacted Apple Support five times since I purchased my iPad Air late last August about these issues. Last week I was finally allowed to send my iPad in for repair. On the day Apple received my iPad Air they sent a replacement that I thought was identical to the one I purchased last August. It was not the same model and a couple of Apps are not supported by the model I was sent. One of those apps I used daily.
When I complained about the crashing every support person seemed surprised. But after reviewing reviews about my iPad Air...Apple knew about the issue of crashing in January 2014...although the tech support seemed surprised of this issue when I started contacting them in late September 2014.
Apple is an extremely profitable company and now I know why...because their products are sub-standard. The company has over $200 billion dollars assets that are overseas. They do not fix issues with their products...they just dupe us with promises of better quality and don't deliver on those promises.
on December 4, 2015
I have using the Apple iPad Air tablet now for a while and absolutely love it! I mainly use it for email, web surfing, reading books/publications, calendar, weather, maps, and YouTube! This tablet is really well designed and has a sturdy/solid build to it. Really well made! I have a wireless router in my house so I can connect to the internet easily with it. This tablet is is easy to setup and is very simple to use! The screen is very clear and vibrant with great color! Interacting with the tablet with the touch sensitive screen works well and responds to your inputs efficiently. The screen does become oily due to your fingers moving across it but all you have to do is wipe the screen down once in a while and it becomes crystal clear again. The speaker system works surprising good for music and volume control seems to be fine. I believe the Apple iPad is the best tablet on the market and I highly recommend you purchase one! You will love it!
on February 18, 2014
Bought this for my wife as a Christmas present, and she absolutely loves it. She had been using an earlier iPad so was already familiar with tablet technology. She uses it for reading, checking email, web browsing, and for taking videos of our grandson during his wrestling matches. For some reason, iPads are popular among moms and grand moms for taking wrestling videos. She then transfers the videos to her MacBook Pro, writes them to an optical disc and gives it to the coach for analysis. Video transfers are achieved when she syncs the iPad Air with her MBP. She keeps it protected in a pink Otterbox, which gives the iPad a completely different look and feel.

iPad Air is thinner and lighter than previous iPads and comes with a sharp Retina display. I don't know if it's the best tablet for your money. I do know she keeps it close at all times, and though she doesn't qualify as a geek she's worked in software maintenance most of her professional life. If she were unhappy with it she wouldn't use it. From my perspective as her husband it's a winner.

My one complaint about all digital gadgets is that they are not nearly as tough as the old HP calculators. Out of the box the gadgets are beautiful but then you have to stick them in some kind of case if you want to protect them, and the cases are a different look altogether.
on June 27, 2014
I'm a PC Guy .. have been since the 70's. I am also a pilot and there are several FAA approved Great Flight Apps that are available only for the Apple Family. I attended a FAA training seminar and could not believe the sophistication of these apps on the I-Pad. They literally turn the cockpit instrumentation into a next gen glass panel with real time primary flight director, moving maps, weather and traffic. This significantly enhances situational awareness. My wife also owns an I-Pad Air so I have been exposed to the quality, sharpness and size for some time now. Hers is loaded up as a back up when we fly.
Now, Windows Office 365 with cloud storage is available for the I-Pad Air. I have just loaded that up and will comment further as to the utility of this as I gain more experience. However, at first blush, this enters the I-Pad as an actual business machine.
Upon receipt, the I-Pad Air was very simple to set up and integrate with Verizon, Comcast and several other services that I use routinely. Not giving up my PCs but I am a real convert as to the utility, power, size and functionality of the I-Pad Air.