Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 7,327 reviews(5 star). See all 9,188 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 9, 2015
This is one of those rare items that makes you realize how good well designed products can be. I bought one of the small versions first, the kind you hold in one hand as you use the other hand to twist a vegetable through. It worked, but it had a couple of frustrating aspects. I know there was potential so I sprang for this more expensive spiralizer and I'm glad I did. It truly could not work better.

There are a couple of things to be aware of. Soft vegetables, zucchini, etc., work fine in smaller sizes, but small hard vegetables, carrots, etc., maybe 1.25" diameter, don't work very well. So for carrots I buy larger than I normally would. For zucchini, yellow summer squash, etc., small or large both work. Even oversize vegetables and fruit work fine.

Vegetables used as spaghetti substitute don't taste exactly like pasta; instead the flavor comes from the sauce and the vegetable, but somehow a zucchini made into spaghetti strands doesn't taste like zucchini, it tastes much better. That might be because it's so thin it only has to cook for about two minutes max. Add some good sauce (I add Field Roast Apple Sage vegetarian sausage) and grated parmesan and you've got a dish that's delicious in its own right - it doesn't need to mimic pasta, although with sauce it comes close.

I haven't gotten too far into the salad realm yet, but I've done carrot, cucumber, radish and jicama with a light citrus dressing. Very good!

The spiralizer is bigger than I expected, approximately 14" x 8.5" x 6". The way the blades are changed is ingenious and means you don't actually handle the blades directly.

I'm really glad I bought this and HIGHLY recommend it!
review image review image
66 comments| 1,307 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This spiralizer is the best tool I have in the kitchen to aid in my low-carb, high fat, moderate protein diet. As you can see in the video I uploaded it is very easy to use and it only takes minutes to process 2 or 3 zucchini for enough noodles for a couple of people to have a healthy "pasta" dish. The different blades are useful. I tend to use the spaghetti noodle blade the most. The simple straight blade can be used to make spiraled wide thin pieces. Broken up a bit, these pieces are great for a lasagna dish.

This spiralizer will cut even the most fibrous of roots. I have it cutting ginger and daikon no problem.

Despite the complexity of getting one contraption to make these noodles everything is still pretty easy to clean. The machine was well designed with cleaning in mind. It was also developed with sanitation in mind. The lip where the noodles come out is built to overhang a small bowl or a plate/cutting board. It is perfect for catching all of the noodles after you have processed.

Dimensions of the product can be seen in the photos.

Included in this set:
*Spiralizer Body
*Spaghetti blade
*Fettuccine blade
*Wide thin spiral slice blade

Pros:
*Easy to use
*Easy to clean
*Designed to keep things sanitary

Cons:
*None

Additional Considerations:
Some quality kitchen shears are nice when using this product. After you process a whole zucchini for noodles you can gather up the noodles like rope and then once you have it all bunched up uniformly you can make cuts to get consistent noodle length.

Overall: 5/5 stars (>=.5 rounds up, <.5 rounds down) => 5 stars

If you have any further questions regarding the product in my review please leave a comment below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
44 comments| 667 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2016
I'm one of those weirdos that does an unnecessary amount of research, reads review after review, watches videos, and looks through the fine print on where a product is made and what the warranty covers - just to make sure I'm getting the best product for the best price. After owning the spiralizer for a year now, I feel confident in sharing how much I love this thing - it couldn't be easier to use and for the price ($30) it is surprisingly well-built with high quality blades. Although you get 3 blades depending on the cut you want to achieve, I mainly use it to make vegetable-spaghetti. Two things to keep in mind: 1) When you're buying produce, make sure you get veggies with a large enough diameter (yes, size does matter - especially for carrots!), 2) Zucchinis contain a lot of water so keep that in mind not only when cooking but also when storing leftovers as it may thin the sauce overnight.
88 comments| 698 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2014
I researched all of the spiralizers on Amazon before making this purchase. I read reviews for them all and even watched some videos on You Tube so that I could see them in action. I have been thrilled with my choice. I have read reviews that people don't like the "waste" that the spiralizer leaves in the middle. Well in my opinion, it's not waste unless you throw it away. I now have a container in my freezer that is steadily being filled. It is going to make a wonderful addition to my next vegetable soup.

There is a small learning curve with this machine. All of the vids and such show people spiralizing zucchini. The softer veggies are very easy to spiralize. It's the harder tubers that take a minute to learn to spiralize. The process is the same, but you must be sure to get the veggie centered and you must be patient and go a bit slower with these. Once you do, you'll be off to the races. I've done sweet potatoes and it works great. The only veggie I haven't been able to spiralize so far were carrots that were just too small in diameter. It's not a problem with the larger carrots though.

The blades on this one are sturdy and so is the prong turner. I have had no issues with anything bending or breaking so far. I've only owned this for about two weeks, but I've been using it a lot with no problems! I would and have recommended this to my friends.
44 comments| 743 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
OH MY!!! WHERE OH WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE!!??? This is the BEST thing since sliced bread!!! OH WAIT!!! It's better than that!!! Bread has gluten! This is the most amazing gadget I have to date in my kitchen --- okay, besides my Vitamix.... I cannot believe how amazing and simple this is to use. There is a PLETHORA of things you can do with this. I just did some zucchini to make a zucchini and pesto salad. There are recipes GALORE everywhere!!! You can find them on the Spiralizer website, Pinterest, etc. I even received a free E-recipe booklet when I purchased this on Amazon. I was afraid it would be cumbersome to use, but the suction cups on the bottoms of the feet hold it down firmly on my Corian countertop. It's a breeze to turn the handle and push the bar at the same time. I am so in love with this, I will have to find a way to use it every day! I have been cooking/baking clean for a few years now. I CANNOT believe I waited THIS long to purchase this. DO NOT HESITATE!!! You'll absolutely LOVE it!
review image
on July 7, 2015
I bought the spiralizer because I wanted to try new healthier recipes and kept running into ones that required something to be "spiralized". I can't believe I never heard of this product before... so cool and opens up a whole bunch of recipe ideas you never considered before. Also great way to cut back on carbs. I bought from this company because reviews were good & price was good - found out after I ordered that they are also a good company!

They shipped the spiralizer right away, but before I even got it they emailed me a PDF of recipes to try and thanked me for my order! After I got it they emailed me another PDF with recipes and gave me a bunch of tips for using the spiralizer - what not to do, what to do, etc.

So far I have tried to spiralize cucumbers, sweet potatoes and of course zuchinni. It literally takes 30 seconds to spiralize a zuchinni!! The machine is made well and blades store nice & safe in slots under the machine base (I store it in an upper cabinet to safely keep away from kids). Cleans up really easy too - because it is a non-electrical item you can easily wash it down in the sink - I give it a good rinse and quick scrub after each use.
review image review image
0Comment| 247 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 4, 2016
My son is a vegetarian and we struggle with meal planning at times, the Spiralizer has made a big difference in our meals/meal planning. We easily use it 2-3 times a week if not more. The design is pretty well thought out - definitely use the suction cups!!!...and the easy release tabs to release the suction once you are done. One small con in design is that you have to push the handle and crank at the same time and with firmer or longer vegetables, I find it a bit hard to get good leverage to be able to do this easily. Yes, I could cut the vegetable down, but that creates more left over bits. It would be nice if they could some how create a locking gear wheel to assist with a sort of "self-propel" concept, but that would be a nice enhancement, not a must have. I do like how the blades are stored and how it comes apart for easy clean up.

Be mindful of the sharp blades and where you grab the Spiralizer when you need to adjust position, etc. Obviously, the blade are meant to be sharp and just like knives and other sharp objects, extreme care should be used in handling, especially with young kitchen helpers, I just mention it because unlike a knife where the blade is visible all the time, the Spiralizer has a lot of plastic parts so when you are frantic in the kitchen, you may just not be thinking and grab it to move it and accidentally touch the blade and slice a finger. That is operator error for sure, as it was in my case, was just not thinking and moving too fast. Haven't had any issues at all since my first mishap as I am paying close attention (as I should have in the first place). Kids love to help as well, we have it down to a science now.

Overall, the Spiralizer is a good design and nice addition to my kitchen gadgets. It is very versatile and has brought new inspiration to all sorts of recipes. Try zoodles with a little herb olive oil and parm cheese...or the amazing sweet potato curly fries - the kids rave about them! We are continually expanding our menu base with the Spiralizer and would definitely recommend it to anyone that is looking for a fresh and interesting way to update some meals that have gotten a little blah and uninspiring.
on September 6, 2017
I love my Spiralizer!

I am very happy with this purchase. It is simply made, simple to use. My ten year old spiralized apples with it, using the flat blade attachment. Cleanup is a cinch. No soap needed, as soon as you are done using it, just run it under water. Love it.

I have two favorites that I make with my Spiralizer regularly. One is Spiralized beets sizzled up in a cast iron pan with olive oil and salt and pepper then topped with feta. The other one is Spiralized russet potatoes. I make hash browns with them.

I definitely recommend this product.
on February 14, 2017
I just got my brand new Spiralizer and made my first meal with it.  I am extremely happy with it.  I was afraid when I was ordering it that it would be hard to put together, flimsy and hard to operate.  Right out of the box I could see the parts were well packed and very intuitive to use.  I used two russet potatoes to make curly fries, which will thrill my daughter as she loves those.  I bought the Spiralizer to use on softer vegetables like zucchini and cucumbers for more of a raw food diet but I'm over the moon to see how easy it is to use it on hard vegetables like potatoes and carrots as well.  The vegetables secured easily and turning the crank was effortless.  The best part was that two potatoes Spiralized was an entire pan of food.  My options for beautiful looking salads just seriously expanded. They say you eat with your eyes and my eyes are ready for a long future of feasting.
on April 7, 2017
Works just as described. The seller also emailed us a great cook book in PDF format with recipes for using the Spiralizer. The only thing I could wish they had given extra thought to was a way to store all five of the blades. The unit can store 3 but there are not enough storage slots for all five blades. Other than that it is great.