Industrial Deals Beauty Prime Book Box Prime Day Lead Up nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Get 4 months of Amazon Music Unlimited for $0.99. Prime member exclusive. New subscribers only. Just $7.99/month after. Terms apply. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $1.99 rentals for Prime members 1.99 rentals for Prime members 1.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Devices Starting at $29.99 All-new Show Mode Charging Dock Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on September 26, 2014
Great low light video.Steady shot almost as good as sony boss system. microphone has bass and volume adjustments. The wind filter not that good. Second camera fun if you find use for it.Very nice still pics -but keep at lower setting then the 24 interloped.Night shot very far reaching. Very short charging cable. good slow mo in mp4.nice to have 20x zoom- and 50x intelligent zoom very good.No Aftermarket batteries at this time.
9 people found this helpful
on February 18, 2015
I had this for one day. The night vision (infra-red) mode is amazing. The only catch is that it makes peoples' eyes look spooky. This can be cool depending on the circumstances. The built-in flash is not very helpful unless you're pointing right in the face. I'm glad I bought a big external flash (Not yet used). I probably need to learn more about the camera so I can adjust some setting but, straight out of the box, the colour night mode is soooo sluggish that it makes no sense using it.

They did not think through the second lens properly. In the normal hand-held position (very uncomfortable, which is one of the reasons why I bought the bracket referred to below) the 2nd lens is too close to the face. The 2nd lens should at least have had the ability to zoom out to avoid nose-hairs shots.

At full zoom (in this case i'm specifically referring to the 20x optical zoom) the lens bounces around on its own causing the focus point to shift uncontrollably.

I watched a review which showed that the built-in mic is very sensitive and picks up noise from when your touching the body of the camera. This is very true. What I also realised on my own is that the mic picks up the person i'm interviewing better than my own voice while i'm holding the camera. It gives me the impression that the mic is front directional. The funny thing is that my mouth was closer to the mic (albeit from behind) than the person who I was interviewing. I'm glad I bought an external mic. One of the advantages of the mic I bought is that I can switch it off while the camera is still shooting. This acts as a mute so I can give instructions 'off air' without interrupting the video.

So far I feel like this camera is not good as an activity camera and I don't even mean for extreme things like bike riding. After all the hype, I expected better image stabilization while walking. Coming to think of it, in all the reviews I watched on Youtube, the camera was stationary and, sometimes, on a tripod.

Things I bought for use with this camera are:
NEEWER® 160 LED CN-160 Dimmable Ultra High Power Panel Digital Camera / Camcorder Video Light
Neewer® Quick Flip Rotating Flash Bracket
Audio-Technica ATR-6550 Video Camera Condenser Shotgun Microphone
Hosa MHE125 1/8 Inch Headphone Extention Cable - 25 foot
Sony 64GB SDXC Class 10 SD Card - From a quick read of the manual there seems to be some benefit to buying a Panasonic SD card instead.
ALL SOLD ON AMAZON

I did not buy the combo packs because I was not happy with the mic and flash included in the package.
2 people found this helpful
on August 10, 2015
Excellent camcorder. Love the numerous features it came packed with like being able to control through wifi and baby monitoring (great way to keep an eye on my nieces). Also, the night vision mode is amazing and is something i use constantly. A few things I don't like are the battery life so be prepared to purchase a second battery if you are a frequent user and 2nd camera doesn't appease as much as I thought it would but overall a great purchase!!
on July 12, 2016
Love this camera, I am able to get great shots in HD plus for my paranormal project it is great. You are able to get the classic green night shot, that adds an extra spooky value. Only complaint that it is bit pricey for an older camera.
on February 7, 2016
Great product !!!!
on January 13, 2015
Takes incredible video day or night!
on December 18, 2014
VERY GOOD CAMERA, FOR VIDEOS AND PICTURES, HIGH RESOLUTION, GOOD ZOOM, YOU CAN SEE DETAILS FROM FAR; GREAT PICTURES; THE TWIN CAMERA IS GREAT IDEA; WHEN YOU RECORD YOU CAN TURN THE MINI-SECOND CAMERA AND RECORD SAME TIME YOUR FACE; THE PROBLEM IS YOU CANNOT SEPARATE THE IMAGE OF YOURSELF WITH THE BIG CAMERA IN PC, THEY HAVE TO BE TOGETHER; SO, IF YOU RECORD SAME TIME BOTH UIMAGES, WITH BOTH CAMERAS THE QWINDOIW IN THE IMAGE OF THE BIG PUICTURE WILL REMAIN THERE; BUT IT IS GREAT AT TIMES, NOT ONLY RECORDING YOURSELF SAME TIME WITH THE ATTRRACTION WHEN YOU ARE ALONE BUT ALSO UYYOU CAN TAKE A BIG VIEW WITH THE SMALL CAMERA FORWARD PLUST THE ZOMMED VIEW WITH THE OTHER ONE; IT WOULD BE NICE THEY COULD DIVIDE IN PC AS TWO IMAGES IF YOU WANTED TO; I DONT WHY THESE SMART INVENTORS DID NOT THINK ABOUT THIS SIMPLE THING! I WAS NEVER ABLE TO CONNECT TO MY WIRELESS NETWORK, NOT CLEAR WHY, IT CANNOT CONNECT; NO CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS IN BOOK FOR THAT;
AS A WHOLE, IT IS A GREAT CAMERA; MUST BUY THE MEMORY CARD THAT IS SPECIAL FOR IT AS RECOMMNEDED IN ORDSER TO WORK WELL!
2 people found this helpful
on November 26, 2014
Fantastic
on November 23, 2015
love it .
on February 13, 2015
Very lightweight and super easy to use!