Customer Reviews: Samsung WB1100F 16.2MP CCD Smart WiFi & NFC Digital Camera with 35x Optical Zoom, 3.0" LCD and 720p HD Video (Black)
Amazon Vehicles Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits STEM Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon pbskids pbskids pbskids  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Leonard Cohen Shop Cycling on Amazon Save on select ClickTight convertible car seats

on March 21, 2014
Good afternoon from sunny Orlando, FL. I ordered the Samsung WB1100F in red for my trip to Cairo, Egypt in less than a week, My initial thoughts are as follows:

I wanted a camera with wifi so I could post pictures on the run. I have a hotspot so wifi is always available. After opening the box and playing around with buttons I took my first picture. I have the cutest puppy in the world and I need to share her perfect face with the facebook world. I snapped the picture and went to task to post the picture asap! (I hate instruction books) so I fumbled my way through the setup process. I have to say it went rather well. I personally find the camera intuitive. I was setup and logged in to facebook in just a few short minutes. Then BAM! My picture was posted for the world to see.

The picture itself was awesome. The zoom is very good and the lens picked up all the adorable features of Chi Chi's face.

Again this is just a quick one off review. I will be back in a couple of weeks to tell you all about Egypt and the (hopefully) amazing pictures and videos I took!

Good afternoon. Sorry for the delay on updating my review but I work 6 day's/ 24 hours a day. So here we go... I LOVE THIS CAMERA!
The zoom is excellent! Traveling around Cairo, Giza and Alexandria there are endless opportunities to be a shutterbug! I am a novice when it comes to taking pictures but the Samsung WB1100F made me feel like the next Ansel Adams!

The wifi feature (which I thought I had to have) is an excellent gadget but not always practical when using. It can be very slow. I can say it was not the WIFI connection because I was using WIFI for other things at different times. However I am glad to have the option because I did use it from time to time.

There are many settings and I'm still learning the pros and cons of each one. The Samsung feels VERY comfortable in my hand as I'm taking pictures. The battery life was good overall but I will buy an additional backup battery. (just because I want it, the Samsung never died one me during my 8-10 hour days out and about shooting photos)

Again I LOVE the camera! I love Egypt! I love Egypt so much in fact I am returning July 3 for a week but this time for real R&R but I will have my Samsung WB1100F in hand for some amazing sunsets and great history!
44 comments| 218 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 18, 2014
I purchased this camera and used it for one week in a variety of settings. I was excited about the high resolution and the wifi options this camera came with. However, I quickly realized the auto focus is unpredictable when zoomed into an object. Therefore the resolution of the camera didn't really matter if the images were out of focus. There is a moderate level of user controls to adjust focus behavior, scene selections, etc., however, the settings are buried in the menu so it is not user-friendly to access. I also felt the "quickness" of the camera was not as good as other cameras in the same price range. I ultimately returned this camera to the store and purchased the equivalent Canon sx510 HS. The Canon version has a lower resolution, but it is quicker, has more precise autofocus, and has more user controls. The Samsung camera was nice, but the Canon camera just does a better job for the same price.
66 comments| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 5, 2015
Even though it is marked as certified refurbished some of these, some I am sure are like mine, new with QC visual defects [like a scuffed lcd screen].
A great deal at a great price.
The photos are very nice and so is the video.
The sensors one flaw in my opinion, is in bright [and I mean bright] light is that you get a bar in the pic [see photo], other than that, I am loving it.
on May 26, 2014
I didn't have any pre-conceived idea of what this camera would be, so when I had it out of the box and taking pictures within minutes, I was pleasantly surprised. Easy to use and takes excellent pictures. The wifi feature is awesome as I take a great deal of still photos in my home. I can also transfer them to my phone with just a 'bump'! Highly recommend for those that like a point and shoot but also the bulk feel of the DSLR.
on July 7, 2014
I got the camera just in time for 4th of July!

1. 2 day shipping is great.
2. The zoom works really well on this camera
3. This camera has several modes and takes great pics. The fireworks mode really works great for firework displays.
4. The wifi feature for transfering to my cell phone is easy to setup and the transfer speed is very fast.
5. The 720p HD quality video and audio are great.
6. It does take the battery maybe about 2 hours to charge so I might buy a spare but no big deal.
7. This camera does not come with a memory card so I bought a 16GB for $11!
8. This camera does not come with a carrying case so I bought a Sony LCSU11 case and my samsung camera fits well.
11 comment| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2015
My husband bought this camera for me. I love it use it all the time no problems. I live the moon and with this camera I can bring the moon to me with every indentations on it.
review image
44 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 17, 2015
Samsung WB1100F 16.2MP CCD Smart WiFi & NFC Digital Camera with 35x Optical Zoom, 3.0" LCD and 720p HD Video (Red) (Certified Refurbished) (New)
I came across this camera when I decided to look in Amazon Warehouse for a camera. The camera works perfectly and has more bells and whistles than I expected. I feel that the camera is an amazing camera. The few burps I have encountered I believe are due to user error since I am still learning how to use all the functions and settings and how the functions should be used and under what conditions- I've had a problem with a picture, changed the setting and problem solved. I also don't have unreasonable expectations, this camera gives you many options and settings and there are functions that surprise me every time I find one but it is still a point and shoot camera. The zoom is amazing. I have used it a couple of times like binoculars and the pictures were spectacular. It's a beautiful camera to look at. I've read of people complaining about shutter speed, I believe that was user error (including not finding out a settings limitations). Others complained that it didn't come with a manual. Most electronic companies are now posting the manuals for their products online to save on the cost of printing them. It's the consumers choice to save the file or print it out themselves. My camera did not come with a memory card, but I expected that it wouldn't since items with internal memory tend not to come with a memory card. I read the review and question/answer section on the site and researched on my own to discover and find the memory card that I wanted based on my past experience with taking pictures across devices. I bought a (SanDisk Ultra) 64GB Micro SDXC based on a question about memory that was answered by another buyer on the site. I also bought an extra battery and a battery charger. You can charge the battery inside the camera but I don't like having to wait for the battery to charge before I can use my camera. How fast the battery runs out depends on your settings and how long you charged it for. I bought a bundle of the battery, battery charger, a 5 piece digital camera and camcorder accessory kit and case on Amazon for a very reasonable price. The seller I purchased the camera from is "Gotta Buy Now" and I highly recommend them. If you do a lot of uploads to online sites, use the cloud, email etc. you would like this camera and it would be incredibly useful to you. All together this was a very reasonable and inexpensive purchase for the camera and it's accessories. I definitely got an extremely good deal and it was more than worth it. I also recommend registering the camera with Samsung and using their site. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND (for any product) GOING TO THE MANUFACTURER WEB SITE AND READING ABOUT THE CAMERA AND READING THE MANUAL BEFORE YOU MAKE YOUR PURCHASE TO DECIDE IF THIS IS THE CAMERA YOU WANT.
on May 28, 2015
Love this camera. Easy to use. Emailed pictures using the WiFi. The zoom is just what I needed for close ups. I have also used the video for a graduation. The video quality was good but it did drain the battery quite a bit. I was not able to video the full graduation. I am very happy with this purchase.
on May 9, 2014
I've had the camera for over a month now and everything works just fine. I was a bit nervous about all of the technology integrated in the camera, but am pleased with the performance and ease of use. The camera takes incredible pictures -- images are sharp and impressive. The telephoto-style lens is terrific for a camera at this price, but you will encounter 'shake' issues at the longest setting, blurring the image somewhat. The WiFi features and technology/app pairing it with my Samsung mobile phone work well. I can easily email pictures directly to my PC or cloud storage without removing the memory card -- a great function. The reason I gave this camera a 4-star rating is the problem with extreme glare in the display on the rear of the camera. It's nearly impossible to frame your picture on a sunny day. The camera doesn't have a view finder and the use of the display is a must. I would suggest that Samsung give their next generation a basic viewfinder to assist in setting up the shot in glare conditions. I would recommend this camera. You get a lot of features at this price.
on July 29, 2015
Pretty good camera overall. These cameras may be labeled as certified refurbished however mine came like new. it was in the original box, lens cap, charger, and strap. It takes very good pictures, obviously it's not amazinggg but it is definitely a great camera for the price. The zoom also works well. It does not come with a memory card and can only store about 3 pictures without it , so i definitely recommend you purchase one if you don't have one already.
Verdict: Good deal. Here's a picture of my cat taken from this camera.